How are these titles?

Sorry i’ve been gone for quite a bit of time. I’ve was in the hospital for a week(right after christmas) and was just able to get out of bed a week ago…

I looked on the Peach Princess sight and saw that Little My Maid was out. How is it? And has anyone played Hitomi and Pick me Honey? Depending on your guys’ views…i might buy a v-mate game >.>

Sagara Family going to be awesome? Maybe in your world, but not the world of the Peach Princess regulars… >_>

“Pick Me, Honey!” and “Sagara Family” are sex romps with little story to keep it together. Light and fluffy.

“Hitomi - My Stepsister” is a dark bishoujo game, but unlike the ones released before. There’s actually a good story in this game, from what I hear, but it’s not as good as Crescendo. If you can tolerate the rape, you might enjoy this game for the story.

“Little My Maid” is a good, hard game. It has many branches, choices, and does have a story that you have to discover. On the other hand, it also contains a lot of sex, and some fetishes as well. Depending on your choices, this is a light game, or a dark game.

Sagara Family? That’s a title I’ve not heard of…what is it about?

Check this old post:

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002028.html

I gave in and ordered Hitomi from the Peach Princess site. V-mate better not drive me up a wall…

boos and hisses at Endymion

We have a crashy product where they’ve already lied to us about what it does, apparently, and not offered much if any help to people with problems… and you’re going to support them? TSK TSK.

(Obviously everyone is free to make their own choices - but I’m still pretty upset about this whole thing and while I’m not as rabid as Some People, I don’t intend to lie down and take it, either. )

Lie about it? It’s pretty well documented what it does on their website.

And it’s not any more chrashy than any other bishoujo game.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
And it's not any more chrashy than any other bishoujo game.

Oh really?

I never heard before of another bishoujo-game that requires you to (temporarily) disable your spyware-protection, so far...

I have anti-spyware, but i never had such problems with Hitomi. So VMate is not Spyware, it’s an anti-piracyware. Maybe not the best, but good enough to not be cracked by the pirates for two months.

Of course, it’s not perfect (i had some problems with VMate too ^^’). But between play translated bgames with VMate and have just untranslated bgames to play, i prefer the first option (unless of course all the translated VM-Bgames are stupid sex-romps ^^).

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 01-19-2005).]

quote:
And it's not any more chrashy than any other bishoujo game.

I'm not so sure about "any other", but... It's not worse than Brave Soul is when using the default SB Live midi drivers, which crash the game like crazy.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
I have anti-spyware, but i never had such problems with Hitomi. So VMate is not Spyware, it's an anti-piracyware.

Then you are lucky using a V-Mate compliant anti-spyware.

However, there was that guy on the G-Collections BBS who had exactly that problem: His spyware-sweeper blocked V-Mate and G-Collections suggested to him to turn it off for the startup of the game and immediately turn it on after that.
The topic there was "Virtual Mate Help!!!! ", the original poster had the name "Aoshi", the first post's number was 2047 and currently, you find it there among the older topics 31-40.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
But between play translated bgames with VMate and have just untranslated bgames to play, i prefer the first option (unless of course all the translated VM-Bgames are stupid sex-romps ^^).

Actually, there is no difference between these two options in my case.

You only forgot that besides original japanese games and V-Mate-games, there are still the not yet V-Mate-ridden games of PeachPrincess as an alternative. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Well I have all three vmate games so far and none of them has crashed. so take that for what it’s worth.

Of the three you listed I think you made a good choice. Hitomi is dark but the story is good and you might be suprised about some of the outcomes.

Well, crashing issues with these games seem to be highly dependant on the system you run them on. I, for one, never had Brave Soul crashing on me, Slave Pageant, on the other hand, crashes on a regular basis…

But I haven’t played any VM games, so I can’t comment on that.

My Let’s Meow Meow crashed lots, when VMate was left running in the background.

Brave Soul is a tremendous game. I’ve logged long periods of time on that game, and not had any trouble from it. Other then it keeping me up later then I really should have stayed up.

I don’t recall Slave Pageant crashing, at all.

VMate doesn’t strike me as much of an anti-piracy feature. A big time marketting info collector, but anti-piracy? If it doesn’t have to re-validate the game throughout game play, then some cracker should be able to route around it easy enough. That seems to be how they crack most “on app startup” protection systems. Mostly a pain in the rump to the customers, which will motivate otherwise happy paying customers away from such products and companies selling such products. I suppose time will tell.

quote:

Lie about it? It's pretty well documented what it does on their website.

Hasn't the documentation changed multiple times? And what about that "No, no, reinstalling Windows won't use up one of your installs! Ooops, actually, it does." thing?

Obviously, all the information I have about the system is what I hear on the boards here. Since I *can't play* those games. So I may occasionally be misinformed.

If you’re referring to my source, that was a hard drive format, not just a fresh Windows reinstallation, though for all I know a Windows reinstallation could subtract from the limit too. Anyone care to test it? If you’re referring to a different source, please point out the post I missed somewhere…

Oh, and this is to perigee to let him know I’m not available for bickering right now. Sudden and nauseating sickness and all that. Maybe a good night’s rest will rekindle the flame in me.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-21-2005).]

I should be getting my router back up this weekend so I can play Hitomi on my laptop. (I don’t play ero games on the family PC) I’m using Dark_Shiki’s game and he has changed his password to something neutral that we can both use. You know how they always said you could share games, “sort of.” Well, we’re about to try it out.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
[B] Hasn't the documentation changed multiple times?

Only in the beginning, and that was about the patch. It's been pretty consistent after that.
quote:
And what about that "No, no, reinstalling Windows won't use up one of your installs! Ooops, actually, it does." thing?

It's not supposed to do that. I guess we'll hear more about it eventually.
quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
And what about that "No, no, reinstalling Windows won't use up one of your installs! Ooops, actually, it does." thing?

quote:
It's not supposed to do that. I guess we'll hear more about it eventually.

Do you really believe they're going to do anything about it? Considering their actions so far, it looks like GC doesn't even have any control over the matter. Interlex is the only party that can do anything about this, and I don't see why they'd have the motivation to do so. GC is only one of presumably many companies using V-mate. By now, Interlex has surely learned of this issue...but they haven't done anything about it yet, have they? Why should they start caring now? Who's to say that this "bug" wasn't intentional in the first place?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-22-2005).]

Why don’t we just wait and see?
Gee, I’m tired of this excessive whining.