I'm Makoto, and I'll be your new Eroge Emissary

Hi everybody! I’m Makoto. Starting November 7th, I’ll be succeeding Shingo as JAST’s project manager and community liaison. Some of you may know me from the games I’ve translated, such as Saya no Uta and the common and Al routes of Demonbane. Rest assured that I will be working hard to ensure the quality of all our localization projects in the future.

To tell you a little bit about me, I’m a native New Yorker who went to Stuyvesant High School and studied Japanese at the University of California, Berkeley. My hobbies are, as you might expect, dominated by Japanese fiction, though recently I’ve been watching less anime and reading more novels, manga, and VNs. I’m also entirely too fond of enka music.

I’m very excited to be taking a more forward role in the effort to bring visual novels to the West, and hope that you will all continue to support JAST as you have thus far. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Welcome, Makoto! Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!

Yay <3 welcome

Are we going to get a goodbye post from Shingo or is he still going to be around just in a lesser position?

Hi! I’m looking forward to Saya no Uta =D

Welcome

Hello, I hope to see lots of posts from you filled with good news in the future.

Welcome to this side of the boat, Makoto.

Hope you’ll keep up the great work, and feel free to contact me if you need me.

Hello, I have a question for you-do you currently reside in Japan?

Welcome :smiley:

Welcome

Welcome.
Enter of your own free will, and when you go, leave behind a little of the happiness you bring.

glances at ur avatar.

Cute, I approve. Welcome. xD

@Lipp, Shingo has left Japan already. I’m sure he’ll be around somewhere in some capacity but I guess he didn’t make a farewell post here. You can hit him up on Twitter at @HeiseiDemocracy I believe.

I approve of anything Muramasa automatically =P

Thanks for the welcome! To answer Romdeau’s question, I do indeed currently reside in Japan.

I’m glad you approve. Keep in mind, though, that most people who encounter her end up eating their friends and family.

Now I’m curious, what franchise does this “Muramasa” character hail from?

Muramasa is the name of the game
Incidentally, erogescape regards this game highly, so it should be good. I’ll start begging for it once all other upcoming Nitro+ titles have been released.

More questions! What brought you to Japan in the first place? What does it mean to be an Eroge Emissary?

yeah I would totally buy that

Eat me? I don’t have worries about that. Too cute to be nom’d nom’d unless u mean the kind of eating that happens in the bed. Anyways, Soukou Akki Muramasa looks like its fun to read.