Is it good?

Hi guys. I am sure most of you people would have know about G-collections’ next project which is hitomi- my stepsister. I was hoping it is going to be something good and story intensive. T o my dismay, when i checked it up, it is an insult ADV. Sometimes i really really wished G-collections have the balls to tackle on tougher games and not just obtain lousy or easy to translate games and sell it to us for quick money. Therefore this game would probably be your next slave pageant. By the way any more information of this next upcoming games?? and anyone know why G-collections do not choose to translate better games (yea i know its hard to translate but the money reaped should be sweet right?)

They have chosen to translate better games; it’s just that games like Kana and Crescendo don’t sell as well as what they’re doing now, so they’ve deemphasised them.

this is so irony. people complained of the lack of story based game and when the company has chosed to translate it the sales are poor?? This does not make sense to me so that means games like slave pageant, DYLHB and Xchange stand to earn more even though its story is not as good as those in crescendo or kana?

It is ironic, but it might happen because people don’t understand the longer stories, the ones with more plot. More importantly people might not know how to sell them to show they have more plot and are worth the try.

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:
this is so irony. people complained of the lack of story based game and when the company has chosed to translate it the sales are poor?? This does not make sense to me so that means games like slave pageant, DYLHB and Xchange stand to earn more even though its story is not as good as those in crescendo or kana?

Those of us here complain of the lack of story-based games. The majority of h-game buyers are probably of the same mind as Something Awful: story just gets in the way of the sex. Many potential customers that would enjoy a good story are turned off by the hentai element (especially in the U.S.), and what's left is people that buy the games for the hentai element. These people are less likely to care about the quality of a game's story, and probably would rather just skip to the "good parts" as quickly as possible, instead of sitting through such "filler."

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-02-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Those of us here complain of the lack of story-based games. The majority of h-game buyers are probably of the same mind as Something Awful: story just gets in the way of the sex. Many potential customers that would enjoy a good story are turned off by the hentai element (especially in the U.S.), and what's left is people that buy the games for the hentai element. These people are less likely to care about the quality of a game's story, and probably would rather just skip to the "good parts" as quickly as possible without such "filler."

I agree that many consumers approach these games with the mindset of Something Awful. Until they get tired of the all-action-no-plot gaming product, I can't blame GC for trying to offer more products toward this consumer group. All you could do is try to persuade these consumers to try a Kana, Crescendo, or Hourglass, and hope that they'll like these products enough to demand more of them.

nods nods i totally agree with all of your comments. Pretty sad isn’t it when the first time people started out playing all these games is when they wanted to see the sex scenes only. Talk about the old days…

[This message has been edited by warmaid (edited 11-02-2004).]

Excluding Kana and Crescendo, I think the insult advs end up having better stories than the “happy” games. Games like Kango, DYLHB and CSMT tend to have basically the same story.

1. Meet girls (Atleast one is your “childhood friend”)
2. Have sex with girl/s
3. Choose which girl to become your girlfriend
4. More sex usually a threesome with one of the other girls
5. Have some argument or misunderstanding
6. Get back together and have make-up sex
7. Live happily ever after.

Don’t get me wrong I liked DYLHB and Kango, but the story in insult advs tend to be a little deeper e.g Gibo and Tsuki. But in the end it comes down to personal preferance, some people want all story and others want all sex. Me I like both .

[This message has been edited by Harm0niXer (edited 11-02-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:
Hi guys. I am sure most of you people would have know about G-collections' next project which is hitomi- my stepsister. I was hoping it is going to be something good and story intensive. T o my dismay, when i checked it up, it is an insult ADV. Sometimes i really really wished G-collections have the balls to tackle on tougher games and not just obtain lousy or easy to translate games and sell it to us for quick money. Therefore this game would probably be your next slave pageant.

Is Hitomi really an insult ADV? Just looking at the graphics, it sure doesn't seem like it to me...unless they're combining insult with lolicon, which would be a big no-no IMO...

quote:
Originally posted by Harm0nixer: Excluding Kana and Crescendo, I think the insult advs end up having better stories than the "happy" games. Games like Kango, DYLHB and CSMT tend to have basically the same story.

That may be true, but it hardly matters if the situations of insult ADV's repulse you. I've played one or two, and while I do admit that more thought seems to be put into the stories in general, I simply find myself unable to identify with the villainous "protagonists" of these games.

I don’t think that Hitomi is a lolicon game or an insult game. Look here:

http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/mercure/soft/01_gimaihitomi/detail.htm

It looks like there are three main girls, and none of them are small, totally flat-chested loli-type characters. Even if they are in high school, that doesn’t make it a lolicon game. Most b-game girls are high school age. As for insult, I don’t see any blood or bondage or pain involved here. It seems like it’s not an insult game. The artwork is pretty good. I hope it turns out to be a good game. I’m looking forward to it.

Maybe the thought is insult in terms of incest, even if that is not the truth the title could lead someone to that conclusion, especially with little information about it in English at this point in time.

That’s impossible. Warmaid only wanted this game until “finding out” that it’s an insult game. So the title and connection to incest would have already been known. Who knows if there will even be incest. You can never know for sure. But that’s all besides the point because incest and insult are not the same thing.

[This message has been edited by bishounen_blue (edited 11-02-2004).]

Oh true, but in some people’s minds, some people I know that have blasted Kana, have linked insult to inscet and despite ‘knowing’ about the title and having looked into it they still said it was incest and insult.

Well they look kind of young to me…say 15-17. I was looking at the CG’s at Himeya…and I swear the breast proportions were completely different. It’s like they grew several sizes in some of the pictures at cd-bros. :\ My definition of lolicon includes more than just “pre-pubescent” looking characters, I suppose. For example, I would consider Akane from Kimi ga Nozumu Eien to be a loli character, even though she isn’t flat-chested. I’d also label almost all “little sister” characters as lolis, regardless of their breast size.

Nowadays it doesn’t seem right to equate flat-chested with lolicon, because it seems to me that developers sort of downplay possible moral issues with loli characters by giving them big breasts, making the otherwise young-looking design “okay.” Don’t get me wrong; I don’t have any problem with loli characters. In fact, I probably have certain lolicon tendencies myself. However, I suppose my impression might be more accurately applied to the translating companies, since they choose our selection (though Jewel Knights Crusaders doesn’t help my point here). In that case, the translators pick games where any loli characters are big-breasted, which might help deflect a lot of the anti-loli sentiment out there.

Looking at some of the screen caps it doesn’t look like it’s a dark game like tsuki or virgin roster. Course he did compare it to slave padgent which had a few dark elements but really isn’t dark, so maybe it’s a quasi dark game? Oh well the character designs look nice and if the story is decent I’m sure i’ll like the game.

Oh, it’s dark. Nice and dark for those of you who’ve been complaining that our previous dark games weren’t dark enough.

Now if you’ll pardon me, I need to get a bucket of high molar acid and some steel wool. I need to wash my eyes.

Any of the others on your release list that dark?

Actually this was another trend from G-Collections I did not link, all the dark or quasi-dark games. That teamed up with V-Mate anyway, it’s good to know at keast have an answer as to this being a very dark game.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
(...) In that case, the translators pick games where any loli characters are big-breasted, which might help deflect a lot of the anti-loli sentiment out there.
So people barter their anti-loli feelings for big breasted characters? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

by the way i am just wondering, what does g_collection based on before they select a title and translate? is it just random, on popular demand or the length of the story?

Well, they did some polling to determine popular preference out of a list of games they thought they might translate…