Is it good?

It’s been a while since Crescendo was release, so were due for another good story game. If Vaga was kidding maybe Hitomi is it?

These games would be very nice:

RPG, has been shown to sell:
http://www.zyx-game.co.jp/newsoft/fortuna/index.html

Great story-intensive game, by the same writer as Kana - Little Sister:
http://www.do-game.co.jp/release/soft/kazoku/index.htm

eer…somehow i am allergic to the games produced by zxy. all there game’s graphic are almost the same with every title and makes me very sick of it. But i can’t say that for story wise. Just compare tsuki chain DLYHB 1 and 2. Those girls look so the same

Yeah, I agree that I’m not too fond of Zyx character designs, and especially the recyxled look. Despite that, I’d jump on Fortuna if it got translated, even if I had to put up with V-mate.

i am just wondering what does peach princess does actually? It seems that you guys get your supply of games from many different sources such as himeya or g-c. So what exactly is peach princess all about?

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:
i am just wondering what does peach princess does actually? It seems that you guys get your supply of games from many different sources such as himeya or g-c. So what exactly is peach princess all about?

If I understood correctly, PP is like GC. They translate h-games for the English market. A number of releases are under PP's label---i.e. Critical Point, Brave Soul, X-Change, etc. The last game released under Peach Princess label was Gibo, and the next one is Little My Maid.

quote:
i am just wondering what does peach princess does actually? ...So what exactly is peach princess all about?

ahh.....errr.......so.......how am i suppsed to answer that? to be honest i am quite shocked at the question...especially when you have made over 35 posts already before i somehow feel this is some trick question...

how about you tell us what you know about peach princess? but basically peach princess is one of the 2 companies left who officially translates b-games into english.

seems like G-C is doing the work much faster than pp…

Yeah, but PP translations are also a level above what GC puts out. It’d be nice if they’d translate more games, but oh well. The V-mate quotient is in PP’s favor now as well. To answer your original question, PP (in combination J-list) is also a distributer of the titles of other companies. At the moment, GC only sells its own titles.

@Lamuness: If you’re talking about B-games, don’t forget Hirameki.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 11-06-2004).]

I think that much of us would like to see more RPG games translated.
Fortuna sound good, but we can wait a long time before that.
A questions about company:
So what exactly is JAST all about?

Jast used to translate games but now I think they just distribute them, although they have re-released some old games in memorial collections.

Actually i have no nuts about what pp does until someone told me that brave soul, critical point and some others are from pp. Guess i was a bit ignorance here as i have played these games before. At least i am aware of what they does now… erm about RPG games…i think its great but whenever i rather they come out a rather good RPG type of games but beggar can’t be choosers. I was hoping that b-game RPG can be something like those of maybe tales of destiny? final fantasy? (fat hope)

quote:
Actually i have no nuts about what pp does until someone told me that brave soul, critical point and some others are from pp. Guess i was a bit ignorance here as i have played these games before. At least i am aware of what they does now....... erm about RPG games......i think its great but whenever i rather they come out a rather good RPG type of games but beggar can't be choosers. I was hoping that b-game RPG can be something like those of maybe tales of destiny? final fantasy? (fat hope)

There are licensing issues involved. Peach Princess can only license games developed by Will and Crowd. G-C can only license games from cd-bros group, d.o., and zyx. So your hopes for another rpg would have to be titles created by these companies.

Yeah.

Peach Princess translates games from Crowd and Will.
G-Collections translates games from companies under the CD-Bros. label, mostly easy translateable games.

Bishoujo RPGs are different by definition. You can’t compare them to your usual console RPG.

quote:
Originally posted by MadMooch:
Jast used to translate games but now I think they just distribute them, although they have re-released some old games in memorial collections.

What happened to Jast USA is simple enough. Jast USA was chugging along, doing OK (not great, but OK). Then came Transfer Student; the last game they did. Unfortunately Jast Japan went under; they told Peter "here is the game data, now shoo. We can't help you anymore, we're severing relations" and closed their doors shortly afterward.