It's not fair I tell yas

I agree with you on the looks of the game. The character designs and graphics look great. I would try to translate the information, but the last time I tried translating something, I asked a spanish waitress if she liked octopus in her orange juice instead of if she liked pulp in her orange juice : :

The graphics are pretty nice. 4/7 of the girls look cute enough.

I’m crafting responses in song. Google the song “Young at Heart”, sung by Jimmy Durante. Good song.

But a brief excerpt for those who can’t be bothered to google it:

Fairy tales can come true –
It can happen to you
If you’re young at heart.
For it’s hard, you will find,
To be narrow of mind
If you’re young at heart.
You can go to extremes
With impossible schemes

So, I’ll ask about this one.

It looks very good indeed!

We want more quality games!

oh i see …its by angelsmile. well i kind of love the games they have produced (hert de roommate) and yup the girls are kawaiiiiiiiiii and some pretty good guys are around as well. Sigh lets us all go take up japanese, master it, and set up a company and translate all the games we are crazy to play and take the whole world of bishoujo games industry by storm thunder sears througg the sky fat hope well we can dream…

by the way there is another GREAT game which some of u out there may know. UTAWARERUMONO omg!!! the graphics are to die for and the girls(words fail me) are way too cute. Its a RPG game if i am not wrong and it seems to be a very popular game. go check it out guys

A Fine Romance, Dorothy Fields/Jerome Kern

A fine romance, with no kisses
A fine romance, my friend this is
We should be like a couple of hot tomatoes
But you’re as cold as yesterday’s mashed potatoes
A fine romance, you won’t nestle
A fine romance, you won’t wrestle
I might as well play bridge
With my old maid aunt
I haven’t got a chance
This is a fine romance

quote:
Originally posted by warmaid:
by the way there is another GREAT game which some of u out there may know. UTAWARERUMONO omg!!!!!!! the graphics are to die for and the girls(words fail me) are way too cute. Its a RPG game if i am not wrong and it seems to be a very popular game. go check it out guys

Uh, yeah, we know. But it's out of Peach Princess' or G-Collections' grasp.

Being tempted to fall into a line of games wishlists again…

Things I’d like to see:

Dai Akuji - Yes, it’s dark. But the pictures I’ve seen were very interesting and the gameplay mentioned by the reviews makes it sound a lot more involved than your typical h-game… it’s a strategy game? We’ll never see this one, of course, but this is the one title that would really get my attention if somebody could pull it off.

Maid in Bunny - Never going to happen, but squee! I love Zelda. I love bunnygirls and maids.

Alchemic Girl - Not as much as I once did, because the lack of this game despite Hobibox’s promises has just driven me to work on my own more. But I would still be happy if it came out.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Maid in Bunny - Never going to happen, but squee! I love Zelda. I love bunnygirls and maids.

i think we will be sued for kiddie p0rn if we release this one

Personallly, i don’t like characters. And if G-Coll plans to translate it, then it’s too easy.

quote:
by the way there is another GREAT game which some of u out there may know. UTAWARERUMONO omg!!!!!!! the graphics are to die for and the girls(words fail me) are way too cute. Its a RPG game if i am not wrong and it seems to be a very popular game. go check it out guys

Agree! I love this game so much, I bought it twice! It is out of reach for the English market, for sure, but oh well. I wouldn't really say that it's an RPG. You have no equipment screen or anything. It's like a tactical battle + ADV. The storyline is linear so it's easy to play through the game as a non-Japanese speaker. There isn't much info on the official page and there are no samples of H CG (hardly even any CG at all for that matter) to be found on the internet. If you PM me I'll gladly send you some of the GC so you can see how nice they are. I mentioned this in a past thread, but that was a while ago. I'm a pretty hardcore Utawareru Mono fan. I paid $110 for the complete set of Utawareru Mono one-coin figures at Otakon this year. This game has a full anime opening the way that Brave Soul does. I don't know how to record it to show you, but CG I can do.

[This message has been edited by bishounen_blue (edited 11-21-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
Personallly, i don't like characters. And if G-Coll plans to translate it, then it's too easy.

Damn it Italicus...stop trolling! This is exactly what's getting everybody upset. Hold your tongue if you don't have anything productive to say...

erm what do u guys mean by out of reach?

sigh Damn if my roommate hasn’t changed his mind yet again about how he wants to implement Win2k for me so that I can actually try out Utawareru Mono. sob I just want him to make up his effing mind so that I can see the damn thing, other than look at the pretty box! The graphics are beautiful, though, and Eruruu is to die for…

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
*sigh* Damn if my roommate hasn't changed his mind [b]yet again about how he wants to implement Win2k for me so that I can actually try out Utawareru Mono.[/b]

...What's so hard about plopping the Win2K CD in the drive and installing it?

quote:
erm what do u guys mean by out of reach?

I mean that it won't be translated. Ever. It's a Leaf game, meaning that Utawareru Mono comes from the creators of the extremely popular To Heart and Comic Party. Leaf uses the name "AquaPlus" for their non-adult titles. AquaPlus is going to release To Heart 2 next month. It's not even out yet, but look at all the different magazines that have given this game the cover spot:

http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th2/html/news.html

Leaf is a big name in bishoujo gaming, and they're not going to licence their titles for an English release unless it there would be a significant reason for them to do so. I'm sure that the problem is the unwillingness of Leaf to licence their products, and not that Peapri or GC doesn't want their products. I'm sure that everyone on this BBS would love this game, but don't hold your breath for an English version.

Wow. This one looks really good.

If G-Collections was to bring it over, I’d probably break my personal boyott on V-mate to get it. ^^;;

Too bad they seem intent on shoveling subpar kichiku games here instead… ><

It seems to me that Angel Smile and D.O. do most of their better games… unfortunately, G-Collections seems to like ZyX better. -_-

Welcome to the board. :slight_smile:

GC translate To Heart 2? It’ll be a cold day in hell before that happens. We’re talking blizzard here.

1) It’s not an ero game
2) It’s not a PC game, it’s a PS2 game
3) AquaPlus wouldn’t let them touch it, even if they wanted it, and they don’t. It’s not GC’s market to sell beautiful renai games. They tried that a couple of times and decided to stick to semi-dark sex over story games instead.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Dai Akuji - Yes, it's dark. But the pictures I've seen were very interesting and the gameplay mentioned by the reviews makes it sound a lot more involved than your typical h-game... it's a strategy game?

It is a strategy game with RPG-elements (growing character-stats and chara-to-chara battle-system) and advancing according to an underlying story. And it has massive variations because depending on which areas you visit when, different characters come into play and eiher may join your group from the beginning or face you first as enemies and then (after being "convinced" of your cause) may join your side later. Or never...

I have played this game through one of the not-bad-ending only once yet, but it certainly is quite captivating (at the end of this playthrough, I realized it was already 5:30 a.m. and thus sleeping became moot for that night...)

Also, there is a sequel to Dai Akuji (Dai Banchou), but I have not heard anything about it yet...