Japanese B-games

Downloading from the internet too, even legit, still sounds too much like piracy to me. Without a box, CD case, etc, or some sort of tangable proof you bought the game it would be too easy for pirates to claim they legally bought it, when in fact they may have just found a way to skirt the system in yet another way, not pay at a pay download site, yet still get a fully working copy.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I would prefer the regular version, because then you have the game in something you can touch, meaning you have proof you paid for it and such. If you download it from the Internet there's always the chance that you lose the game due to a harddrive chrash, virus etc.

I DL the lot of staff from net...but, I don't receive those kind of virsus...But I checked the himeya..they only post the regular version. I might stay regular version.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Downloading from the internet too, even legit, still sounds too much like piracy to me. Without a box, CD case, etc, or some sort of tangable proof you bought the game it would be too easy for pirates to claim they legally bought it, when in fact they may have just found a way to skirt the system in yet another way, not pay at a pay download site, yet still get a fully working copy.

But, most of the Japanese B-games have copy protected. So might be it hard to make piracy. DL form the sites you have to DL the own risk....

I haven’t been around this board much, but I saw this thread and decided to post. I happen to play Japanese b-games rather heavily. Since I live in Japan it isn’t all that hard to get them. Oh, and the other nice thing about Japan is the huge market of used b-games. They’re usually a fair bit cheaper and I have yet to find a used game that isn’t in either mint or near mint quality. The Japanese gaming community, in general, is fairly anal when it comes to taking care of their games. When I first came here and saw how well they take care of their games I was shocked. I worked at an Electronics Boutique in the US for a while a ways back and I remember thinking most of the customers must have spent their time sanding their game disks from how they looked when they tried to trade them in.

Oh, and in response to the OP I have quite the collection of Japanese b-games. I have about 50 or 60 in total. I know that’s not a lot to the pirates out there. But every game I own is legit. If anyone wants recommendations on good games just tell me your preferances and I’ll tell you what’s good. Oh,and I’ll try to stick to what’s on Himeya. It’s really too bad you can’t order off Amazon Japan from overseas, the prices are great and the used prices are even better. Which, I was going to say, if you know Japanese, you might be able to contact the used sellers directly and have them ship stuff to you. They don’t have to follow Amazon’s guidelines.

-HarlequinZero

quote:
Originally posted by Computermania:
But, most of the Japanese B-games have copy protected. So might be it hard to make piracy. DL form the sites you have to DL the own risk....

Yes they do, but given the level of piracy that already exists I don't think the copy protection even in legit downloads will be all that hard for these people to overcome. As much as I hate to say it, that is what I feel anyway, which is why it still sounds too much like piracy even legit downloading.

Let see… I just got games from himeya…^^;; I order alot ("n¬é¬≠¬ÅH¬Åj¬Å¬©¬Ç¬ø¬Ç√à¬Ç√ù¬Ç√â¬ÅA¬â’¬Ç√ã¬Ç-¬Ç-¬Ç-¬Ç-¬Ç-¬Å@Right now I’m playing the immoroal DVDd game from Blue Gale. Link is Here
Anyway, this game is good. Compare to Gibo…this games are not dark as Gibo. Anyway, this game is very simple…you just choose the selection. If you like the H-scenes this games is for you. After you play 5 minutes from the game you can see first H-scenes…

Sounds like Slave Pageant.

Welcome back, Computermania! :slight_smile:

I just picked up X-Change 3 yesterday from my local shop. The game is pretty good, but the story is starting to get a bit stale. If you’re just in it for the CG then I highly recommend it, but if you’re in for a story then I wouldn’t bother. Not that I thought the first two X-Change games had really interesting plots either, but they weren’t the worst I’ve seen either.

-HZ

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Sounds like Slave Pageant.

Welcome back, Computermania! ^_^

Thanks for reply^^ Benoit-san. I'm thinking I might get Slave Pageant... I'm not sure it. Is it Slave Pageant is good game?

quote:
Originally posted by HarlequinZer0:
I just picked up X-Change 3 yesterday from my local shop. The game is pretty good, but the story is starting to get a bit stale. If you're just in it for the CG then I highly recommend it, but if you're in for a story then I wouldn't bother. Not that I thought the first two X-Change games had really interesting plots either, but they weren't the worst I've seen either.

-HZ

For me I buy the games on graphics, Voices and drawing style. Good example is the Tokimeki-Check In and for the graphics A-GA is the good graphics from illusion, and for the voice act I like the Ui-chan Niizuma Diarly. Anyway, I said this in past sentence eveybody have different styles of the games.

quote:
Originally posted by Computermania:
[QUOTE]For me I buy the games on graphics, Voices and drawing style. Good example is the Tokimeki-Check In and for the graphics A-GA is the good graphics from illusion, and for the voice act I like the Ui-chan Niizuma Diarly. Anyway, I said this in past sentence eveybody have different styles of the games.

You liked the voice acting in Ui-chan no Nizuma Diary? Hmmm, I wonder why you'd say that. ‚¤‚¤‚¢‚¢‚¢‚¢I@ [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

so X-change 3 was good?

quote:
Is it Slave Pageant is good game?

Look here for some opinions.
quote:
Originally posted by SlicerX:
so X-change 3 was good?

It was only recently released in Japan, so no clue if it is good or not, give it some time and someone might play it and report.

Heh, I thought I was fairly clear, but I guess I can try to specify a bit more.

I own X-Change 3. I bought it here in Japan last week and have played through to a few of the endings. The paths are fairly complex and you do need a fair level of Japanese to get anything out of the game.
The graphics and voice work are top notch in my opinion, but the storyline is a little weak in general. I mean, this could be attributed to the simple fact that the storyline doesn’t really CHANGE all that much in any of the games.

-HZ

“Moooo!” said the cow.

Incidentally Japanese B-games released alot. Anyway. I like to ask the question to everybody… When you purcase the games How do you get information? From the Internet or Magazine? For me when I purchase the game I look for the review and ranking from Internet. Back to the top of the topic I got part 1 and 2. I liked part 1, part 2 is OK… Part 3 wa it is hard to decide. In the review it says that part 3 is more powerful(H-scenes) then 1 and 2. If you like part 1 and 2 you should go for the part 3…

quote:
Originally posted by HarlequinZer0:
Heh, I thought I was fairly clear, but I guess I can try to specify a bit more.

-HZ

I had thought you only had bought the game and not a chance to play through it to see if it was good or if the same storyline fell flat on the third time it was presented.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I had thought you only had bought the game and not a chance to play through it to see if it was good or if the same storyline fell flat on the third time it was presented.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction now. Regardless of whether the game itself is interesting, or fun, this time around - the actual core storyline is going to fall flat as it is the 3rd time they're using the same idea. Even if the game has interesting characters and really is cute and funny, the "plot" will still be laughed at.

Not that it HAS to be this way - it certainly is possible to overcome this kind of stale plot recycling - but that, considering the track record here, it WILL turn out this way.

Who's with me?

Me! Me!