JAST USA at Anime Expo 2008!

There was a silhouette of something from the yuri game, but I couldn’t identify it.

Did anyone else get a good look at the yuri game? Is it something we know, like hanabari? Or something weird and obscure?

I finally got around to trying the demos for the Moero games, and I definitely wasn’t impressed. They were too simplistic and I can’t see myself playing them for hours. There are pretty much no physics at all in Blaze. I’ve played flash games that were more realistic and entertaining. Because it’s a demo, there weren’t even any voices in the VN part of the games.

For anyone else who wants to try:
Blaze demo

Here’s some instructions if you can’t read Japanese. You’ll probably need Japanese support to play them. When you start the game, it gives you an option to use a controller or keyboard (top and bottom choices respectively). Go start a new game, skip all the text, and pick the bottom choice when given the option since it just asks if you want an explanation or not. If you’re reading this, you probably can’t read the explanation anyways. The controls are: x - acceleration, z - brake, left and right - steering. After you win the absurdly easy race, you get treated to 5 sex scenes just because they want to show it to you.

Moero 2 demo

I don’t know why there’s an installer since I just ran the exe and it worked fine. Again, just skip all the text until you get to a map. Choose the girl you want. Pick the top option when given a choice, then you’ll go to a race. If you pick all the top options during the race, you should win. Go try the other ones if you want, I don’t know what will happen. You don’t get sex scenes this time around. At least I didn’t when I chose Rinka (the red haired one).

I finally got my AX08 photos up at http://novelnews.net/2008/07/15/anime-expo-2008-photos/
I think that silhouette was made from this: http://www.rollingstar.jp/escalation/ (NSFW)

EDIT: Looks like it’s by the same artist who worked on Moero Downhill Night… Let’s hope they can nab this title :smiley:

You could be right… nothing I recognise; then again, my knowledge of yuri titles isn’t very expansive =p

And it would be really funny if the “budget price arcade style action line” meant these:
http://www.rollingstar.jp/euclid/index.html
http://www.rollingstar.jp/euclidiary/index.html
http://www.rollingstar.jp/eucliesca/index.html

Yep, that looks like it fits :D. Yuri + Nuns 8). If PP etc has made a contract with her(?) doujin circle, the budget price arcade style action line would most likely be those titles you’ve mentioned as well.

That would definitely be acceptable, I love Rolling Star’s art and I’ve tried and failed to crack (for translation purposes, silly) the demos of their games off dlsite. (heh, if PP does get the Panic games, good thing I didn’t buy them in Japanese! :slight_smile: )

On the JAST website there is a picture of a game I don’t recognize.
Is this a screen of a new game maybe ?

Yep - I think that’s one of the girls from Moero Downhill Night.

Hell yes! Nuns + Enslavement + Yuri = What’s not to like?

Been awhile since we got something that involves inflicting some pain on the grlz.

Just look at the price too: totally affordable.

Narg approves of this. Moar please. :mrgreen:

I’m not exactly sure what games exactly have been announced, can anyone clarify?
All I know is we will be getting Cleavage and Moero, but are we getting all 3 Moero games or just 1? Also whats up with the whole discussion about a yuri game, is there a third game being announced as well?

Well I must admit I am disappointed, I was hoping we’d get Haruka ni Aogi, but I guess I’ll have to wait another year or more for that.

They’ve licensed the entire trilogy.

No, JAST USA announced only two acquisitions. However, they hinted at other products in negotiation, which include a yuri game, a set of arcade/bishoujo game hybrids, and a dark title.

Really? A series having all its incarnations being licensed at once? Well that’s a start.

Where exactly did we hear this again?

… at the AX panel.

I mean, I didn’t recall them specifying that the whole series was licensed. I just thought they meant that they just licensed the first game.

They did say it at the panel. They specifically said they were bringing all of them here, and then they went on to describe the different gameplay in the series.

Just look at Shingo’s post in the beginning of the thread that indicates one of the announcements would be more than a single game.

Maybe they got a “package deal” in getting them all at once. You’d be surprised how easy it is to get an entire series licensed, against individual parts of it. Some companies are more receptive when you offer to port the entire work of a saga, rather than just one or two selections from it. A few even get upset if you refuse to port everything.

I know of a few times in the console business, when a title release in the US has been threatened (or even made impossible), because negotiations stalled after the topic of which title in the series should be ported first. Often times, the US company wants the newest and flashiest (say Title #3), but the Japanese company wants to start with Title #1 and work their way forward from there - a game that’s most likely outdated and aged. Thus the US company is hesitant to wager on its success. Enter the 'ole “conflict of interest” issue…

On the other hand, it could be that PP is absolutely confident that this series will do well in the West, and grabbed the whole shebang at once. Not an unusual situation either…

Is it possible that they release the Series in 1 Game? It’s an older Game so that would be very nice :smiley:

While it’s not impossible (because, of course, until they explicitly say it’s not happening, it’s not impossible), I see next to no chance of this happening. That would be selling for like $60 a set of titles that would cost some $210-$240 ($70-80 each) in Japan. The games are already marked down when they’re brought over, I can’t say I see the Japanese licensor agreeing to port titles that cheaply.

And frankly, if they did, it would make me wonder about the quality of the material …