JAST USA shop feedback thread

With the launch of our new official JAST USA online shop, we’re eager to hear your impressions. Are there any confusing elements of the layout/design, or items you can’t find easily, features that seem missing, etc.? Conversely, does anything stand out as working particularly well? If you’ve encountered any bugs in the browsing or checkout process we’d love to hear about those too.

Any and all comments, suggestions, and feedback on the site is welcome! We’re primarily interested in usability concerns at this point, so feedback on your experience as you browse the site and place orders is especially valuable.

If I can make one suggestion regarding the tags, would it be worth including a generic ‘dark’ tag? At the moment, there are quite a few games like Virgin Roster and Tsuki that don’t fit comfortably into any of the existing categories, particularly the drama one. Other than that, the revamped layout looks good.

And not directly related to the thread topic, but the Bazooka Cafe story background on the G-Collections site accidentally has two paragraphs included from the Raidy 2 story.

For each game, I’d like to see a list of major characters along with portraits, in addition to the CGs that are already there. Getchu is a good model in this regard. Getchu does a pretty good job of hitting you with all the important aspects of a game in a relatively concise and quickly browsable format. Also, tags should be associated with each game (listed on its page) in addition to being in a navigation box on the side. The idea is that a customer might come along, spot a game that catches his eye, see a tag for a favored element in that game, and then check out other games that have the same element.

Another great feature is something along the lines of what Amazon does: list similar games at the bottom of the page. If you want to get more advanced, include a feature like Amazon does which tracks browsing histories and use data from that to generate a "other users viewing this page / with similar browsing histories viewed / purchased these other games).

[attachment=0]jast2ie6_02.jpg[/attachment]

Fortunately I also have Firefox, but what’s the problem with IE6?
Huuuh, I’m feeling old again :stuck_out_tongue:

I just spent over 2 hours updating my computer. First, I needed a new browser. Then, since the browser was getting a ton of errors, I had to download and install Vista Service Pack 2 and a bunch of other Windows updates. I’m worn out… :frowning:

Move on to Opera. That’s the way :wink:

I’d imagine IE6 is more susceptible to virusess since it’s not up to date. Or would it be so out of date that it’d be resistant to viruses?

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_6

I can vouch that IE8 is much better than IE7 at least as far as stability goes. In IE8 when the browser encounters an error it only closes the offending tab, rather than every IE window you have open at the time. In addition, if the browser closes unexpectedly it can automatically recover all the windows when the browser is opened again.

Ohhhh I can’t figure out what a shrin is :open_mouth: It’s only for Kitty Media games so must be a feature :smiley:

Oho! It’s looking pretty clean and user friendly. I like that. Also, I noticed that if you buy at least 3 games the shipping is free. That’s certainly an incentive to buy more games right there. Quick question though: does Jast give away a free Hirameki game with every 2 bought like J-list does?

I like the site. What I like the most about it is that it keeps a record of what you ordered. Comes in handy if you pre-ordered a game a while back and need to re-submit an credit card.

If you want the shop to be a one-stop shop for the games, it needs a listing for system requirements for each game. There are some people out there who are running badly outdated hardware/OS and may not be able to play some of the newer games.

Hi everyone and thank you for the great feedback so far. I’m Tomakun, web designer in charge of the new JAST USA site. I’ll be following closely your comments on the new interface.

We are currently working on implementing characters portraits to each games descriptions. Each week a few titles will be updated with portraits and profiles.

This is on the roadmap too.

We currently have a list of related games on the right sidebar that serves the same purpose.

Couldn’t agree more, we’ll think about adding this in near future.

That’s a good idea yes. About tags, we’ll be periodically having ‘user tags days’, which will give our users the possibility to tag the games the way they think is best. We will then review the submitted tags and approve the ones that we think are good.

Thanks for catching this.

Quick note about Internet 6/7: Some of you might have noticed that the new JAST USA site isn’t accessible to Internet Explorer 6 and 7. The reasons for this are multiple, from security issues to incompatibility ones. With the new site, we wanted to bring to you a unique user interface and look which requires techniques that are not fully supported by those browsers that are known as non-standard compliant. A lot of features that are supposed to be helping you browsing the site just break in Internet Explorer 6. Referring to statistics and considering the very small amount of users that are still using those browsers (IE6 is 8 years old!), we decided to gently redirect them.

Thanks again for the comments, keep them coming! :wink:

I know this thread is for feedback on the JAST USA shop, but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum Tomakun. It is quite nice to see another staff member here. I realize you are probably kept busy, but I thought I’d invite you to take part in other conversations on the forum. I think that in general you’ll find us to be quite a friendly crowd. By the way, I like you avatar. :o I don’t know why, but for some reason I am reminded of the preview shots I saw on J-List for “Training with Hinako”…

@Kimuzukashii MEIJI
Thanks for the kind words. Yes I might browse deeper in the forum sometimes, sounds like a lot of fun :wink:
Avatar is art from Koutaro. Can’t wait for his next game to come out too (Tropical Kiss).

By the way guys, could you please give us some feedback on overall speed? I have yet to clean some parts of the code and we’ve been experiencing latency sometimes. Might be because we’re in Japan and server in US but, how does it look on your side?

Compared to the Peach Princess shop, the load times are generally sluggish. In addition, when I started browsing a few minutes ago, the JAST shop was working fine, but now it’s lagging pretty badly (meanwhile Peach Princess is still speedy).

I’d rather we call the category tag, Suck on this Equality Now, but I can see why that might be a bad idea. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

A possible problem…I tried to buy a game on preorder, for which I should have gotten free shipping, but the only shipping option I was given included a charge, which also showed up on the order summary. I didn’t go through with the order, so I don’t know if this would have been fixed when the order was actually processed.

You don’t need to worry about the shipping on your pre-orders. I did the same thing and the free shipping will be added once the game comes out.

Confirming what Tomat just said, for now placing pre-orders will apply the same shipping table rate on your order resume, but it will be deducted when the game ship out and you will not be charged for shipping. We are sending out confirmations to our all our clients who place pre-orders that they will get free shipping. I agree this is confusing, we are working on solving the problem. Now, the fact that you didn’t go through because of the confusion makes this a top priority issue. Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I actually ended up adding a couple more games to the order to get the 3 game free shipping. Good to know that the preorder discount does work correctly, though.