JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

Ah, I guess I assumed since it was posted on the Nitroplus USA site that it was going to be in English. Probably a rash assumption. Yet they should probably clarify that, if they’re going to hawk it on an English localization site. Anyway, if they’re not localizing it then my first comment doesn’t really apply.

Seems a little odd to translate an artbook; they generally aren’t known for having a lot of text.

It links thru to J-List. J-List is well known as a generic importer for Japanese related stuff, almost all of which is untranslated. I can see the confusion, but in general, only a very small number of artbooks have been translated and released in English. And I don’t think they did very well. (There were a few CLAMP ones put out by Tokyopop, as I seem to recall.)

Also in this specific case, it’s rather unlikely that this particular artbook would be translated. This would require involving the NitroPlus side of things, and they are busy dealing with the games. Translating the artbook would simply be a distraction.

And yet it caused one of the guys at VisualArt’s a lot of pain to translate the Itaru artbook, hehe. (The translation still looked a bit weird from the WIP image.)

I’ve actually heard that some artbooks feature quite a lot of text. For example, someone brought in a Spice & Wolf artbook to anime club a few weeks back. Many of the pages were completely covered in text, which went into backstory and such.

Forgot to include this link in my last post, although I think some people may have seen it before. Django article from Tech Gian, for some reason written entirely in English.

Did it? I remember reading about it, this is the one from the US? I really should keep up with the news, but that’s good. I don’t even like loli characters, but they’re around regardless, and I don’t want assholes pointing fingers at me for having titles with loli in them.

Looking forward to the Nitro titles, more stuff to buy, more games to try, thank god I’m still making money.

huh? That’s interesting, I never knew Django dealt with sci-fi and space… (knew the wild west action part…)
(thanks Ignosco for the article :slight_smile:
Googled some more and …

That’s more than I knew about it…
Sounds a bit more interesting now~

See here for the current state of affairs in the US: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6125#p89470

(My earlier post in this thread was just a joke.)

My apology to distract people from the currently hot topic, is there any hope that JAST would translate Phantom Integration? I have become a fan to that title since I read about it in wikipedia (and heavily spoiled) last year.

I really doubt it since phantom of inferno has already been translated.

As for me I wonder if Chaos Head will be translated because it doesn’t have any ero content.
Since jast is supposed to work with the fan translators (am I right ?), it should have be the first release since it was already translated…

The only problem with Chaos;Head is that the rights to it are held by 5pb as well as Nitro+.

I know it’s true for the X-Box360 port … but does that apply to the original PC game too?

Also wasn’t it said somewhere JAST related that Chaos;Head (and Saya no Uta) are like their flagship game(s), and I think JAST has a ways to go before they give up those titles…

I think because it doesn’t have any voices it is probably low on the list, probably won’t get a translation… Plus Phantom of Inferno has already been out in english (as has been said).
Now when the Phantom of Inferno remake for X-Box360 comes out… if we could get that on PC or something it’d be sick :smiley: (as in totally ammmazing awesome!!!)

Concerning Phantom, I’ve seen a CG where Drei is hurt and lie on the beach.
I guess there are some extra endings in integration.

Yes (look on the bottom)

Chaos;Head is primarily 5pb period. Nitro+ published the PC game and helped with production, but the actual creative work was handled by 5pb.

For Chaos;Head, the character designer, artist and writer are all 5pb. so yeah pretty much a 5pb game with Nitroplus staff helping with grunt work, providing an engine etc.

(this is me repeating what the last two people have said)

^^ Thanks for the information! I didn’t realize that…

Also is it true that there is another Chaos;Head game coming to X-Box360 next year?

Yes. With a name like Chaos Head Love Chu?Chu, it sounds more like a fandisk though.