JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

This might have been mentioned before, but I noticed Nitroplus has put the OSTs for many of their games on this iTunes-like site, JapanFiles:

http://www.japanfiles.com/music/japanes … undtracks/

NitroPlus sure does seem serious about reaching out to the North American market. The Jingai Makyou sounds pretty awesome, from the previews.

I sure hope they’re serious. There’s a lot of people in NA, so even if this is just a niche market, it could still be reaching many people. Plus some companies have tried to half ass there way into new markets, and that generally doesn’t work out well for anyone.

How about advertising? Has anyone seen any Nitro+ advertising? I guess it’s still a bit too early to expect a lot of hype… (outside of official jast and partner newsletter/websites)
But, as it approaches release; I’d expect to see some Nitro+ Demonbane ads go around… [if not fan-spread…]
Sure would be nice to really kick off a healthy new partnership with a decent amount of sales…

i expect ads next year

the expect date is q2 2010 for con season
i hope the date is met

It would be nice if that date was met, but I won’t hold my breath. Though getting it out for con season would be a big plus for them.

Not that the release of the nitro+ VN should (will) be faster since some of these games are already translated…

Yeah I know… We won’t have Sumaga before 2013. :roll:

lol, perhaps you’re right. I don’t mind too much, I have about 8 unplayed ones waiting for me. I do like quick releases, but if things take a while I’ll still have plenty to play, for the time being that is. I’m slow playing VN’s, though when I do play them it’s in a big burst. Back in March/April 2008, I did Snow Sakura, Idols Galore, Yume Miru Kusuri, and Bazooka Cafe, and last month I completed Let’s Meow Meow, Cosplay Fetish Academy, Moero Downhill Night, and I’m about a third done with Family Project. I’ll get around finishing it sooner or later, but I’ll probably be taking another break now, maybe until summer. Though the urge to play hits me at odd times…

Didn’t they give a more specific ETA for Demonbane? I thought they said they were releasing it a few months from now?

jast doesn’t set dates because they don’t even know when the games will be done

Nah, that was just our best guess. They originally suggested they’d have 2 Nitro+ games out by the convention, so we hypothesized that they’d have Demonbane out around March.

They did give a more specific date. It’s just not THAT specific.

no Q2 is between April and June
my guess is June
by the beginning July con at the latest

that’s fast, but it could happen like with Downhill Night

downhill night was pretty short how long is demonbane

According to vndb, it’s long (30 - 50 hours). Anyway, I’m pretty sure it’s longer than Downhill Night… :slight_smile:

Demonbane is about 30 hours long @ native reading speed. Compared to Downhill Night being like 3-4 hours long…

Okay, now that I know what Gekkou no Carnevale is about, I too join those hoping it gets licensed in the near future. For those who want to know, check this recent review:

http://accany.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/ … #more-4170

That does sound pretty damn cool. I have high hopes for the Nitro+ deal.

I think I too will join in on saying Gekkou no Carnevale is one worth putting on the fast track to production. That review makes it sound quite interesting.