JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

I saw Air TV. I thought it was good, but nothing special. People who play the game claim it’s far superior. I saw Tsukihime TV. I can say definitively the game is much better, since I worked on the fannotation as an editor.

So “they made a lousy anime out of it” does not really mean much of anything, other than “the source material was popular enough to get an anime adaptation made”.

Define “dark themed”. Are we talking “tsuki ~ possession” (bondage, subjugation, rape, etc.), or are we talking “Shadow Hearts” (demonology, murder, etc. but still with a “good” love story).

Couldn’t really get that big a sense based on the demo movies somebody linked

I think we’re talking more about plot and setting elements, rather than about the style of sex-scenes. Well, Saya no Uta has some dark sex content, too, but surely it doesn’t stand out for that.

Regarding Demonbane, VNDatabase tags its sexual content just as “Lolicon”, so I don’t think Rape is a major theme. We should probably hear it from someone who has played the game, though.

Oh, Demonbane contains rape all right, don’t you worry about that. In fact, many of the H scenes are pretty dark.

Are we talking Black Cyc level dark? :twisted:

From what I gather, not quite. Saya has some guro from what I hear, but not much. Demonbane is more Sci-fi action than brutalty. In fact, there is only a small amount o rape from what I gather.

It pulls heavily from the H.P. Lovecraft Cthulu mythos, so expect some twisted stuff, but not extreme rapefest stuff, though.

It is similar to Black Cyc stuff, though not really brutal.

While I don’t go around gushing about them, I’m a big fan of Nitro+ :slight_smile:

Nitro+ games are dark for their story content and gothic flare from time to time. The more extreme Nitro+ will have a rape scene and whatnot, but they don’t go for gratuitous torture or repeated murder sex. The evil in Nitro+ don’t vent their sadistic natures via extreme sex like the ones in BCyc.

I suppose there was no word about the possible licenses of Black Cyc games from JAST?..

JAST will be at 2 other conventions this year
they can’t tell everything at one convention

Depends on the Black Cyc game. Extravaganza-level dark? No. Gun-Katana / Mugen Kairou level dark? Sure, I guess. There’s tentacle stuff etc. as well. That said, there’s nowhere near as much of it - Nitroplus doesn’t go for the fifty million H scenes using repeated CGs thing Black Cyc and other companies like.

Guess that makes me rather ambivilant about this. No particular interest in “Tsuki~possession” style dark sex themes, but shadow hearts type “dark… uhmm… mood theme” is ok, unfortunately, sounds like nitro+ is a mix of both.

I doubt we’ll have any other big announcement. I mean, Nitro+ is a big hit, JAST probably had to pay a lot to have them. Getting Black Cyc on board, too? Not in the near future, surely.

Of course, I would be really happy to be proven wrong :mrgreen: But somehow, it doesn’t seem possible.

Just look at the sample CGs and judge for yourself (link for Demonbane): http://www.galge.com/galge/member/soft/GS00004065/

What I see has little in common with brutal rape games like Tsuki: possession. Looks like there’s a few rape scenes (Crescendo and Fate/Stay Night have these too), but it’s definitely not the focus, and they don’t seem particularly brutal.

The girl characters look useless and designed solely for the purposes of leering, and certainly don’t seem to be enjoying any of the sex… But I’m biased, I came in with a negative view of this title and I’ve admitted it. Still, the other game looks much better to me.

This is really good news.

Nitro+ has an awesome artist Ni(theta) or whatever. His work is really impressive. I hope besides Demonbane they’ll also bring over stuff like Tres Donne Crudelli: Satsuriku no Django and also Jingai Makyou. I love Nitro+ becuase of Ni-Theta’s artwork themes that revolve around sexy, strong women versus the usual loli moe bomb. Though obviously he had loli inspirations in demonbane, the vast majority of his characters are some of the sexiest (rather than cute) characters in the entire eroge industry. It comes as no surprise that they aren’t doing too well in Japan now, because loli moe bombs are the thing around here, not tough girls armed with swords and an attitude. If they get the kind of market exposure they rightfully deserve in the west, their western fanbase would dwarf their Japanese fanbase.

Here are some Sumaga trailer videos :
#1 Favorite trailer video awesome lol.
#2 Maybe the opening or another trailer It has a creepy stuffed animal…
#3 Another trailer video looking good.
#4 The original trailer there’s that creepy animal again… :cry:

I have one particular concern about this, though: How long is it going to take for them to actually localize Demonbane or any other particular Nitro+ title? I really hope they don’t end up taking years and years like some previous titles have.

THe current estimate is Early 2010.

They were probably already working on it before the announcement.

I think it’s safe to say this deal has been in the works for awhile now. Peach Princess needed enough time to have at least evaluated the entire NitroPlus product line to see which games were a) available for localization (not all titles a company ever put out are actually releaseable; older titles may have had some resources become lost), and b) were titles PP wanted to sign up on.

Then they picked the two initial games for translation. I presume that work began on them some time ago. PP has been hinting for months at big things in store for AX, I doubt very much any deals were signed the day before. So the titles are probably in the works, but probably not a lot has actually been done on them (PP has a full plate with the Downhill Night games).

People have been saying Kazoku Keikaku was announced about 2 years ago; this seems right to me (my recollection is a bit hazy). Here it is going gold master. I guess, the only other real sources of info we have right now, are Japanese proficient people: How long is Family Project, compared to the games just announced? If Nitro+ games are really long, I’d expect it to take awhile.

Oh, yes: one thing I forgot to add.

Kazoku Keikaku was (basically) delayed by about 6 months; PP wanted the game ready for release last year, but it had to be delayed so they could improve the quality of the translation. So the original plan for it was about 18 months.