JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

??? (the PS2 version) has no ero scenes…

They basically used the Japanese normal edition art cover.

In case you wonder, here are the different existing covers:[list]
[]Zanma Taisei (the original PC game and the one being translated):[list]
[
]A-brand box:
[/]
[
]First press, limited edition:
[/]
[
]Normal edition:
[/][/list][/]
[]Kishin Houkou (the PS2 edition):[list]
[
]A-brand box:
[/]
[
]Deluxe package:
[/]
[
]Normal edition:
[/]
[
]KADOKAWA The Best edition:
[/][/list][/]
[]Kishin Hishou (the PC sequel):[list]
[
]A-brand box:
[/]
[
]Deluxe package:
[/]
[
]Normal edition:
[/][/list][/][/list]

Someone here is a demonbane fan… :smiley:

Seeing all the other covers that have been used before…I’d say JAST made a solid choice. Some of those are just rather odd…they don’t even have the name on them.

from what i remember nitro+ said they would make another demonbane game if the 1st english version sells well

I don’t know, I kind of like the limited edition cover.

And if that sells well, we might get that new Muramasa game sometime down the line :smiley:

Out of curiosity, what are these “A-brand boxes” for? Are they some sort of super-ultra-limited edition?

I personally would have preferred new art…

I could tell you but I’d be accused of being some kind of Demonbane fan that I certainly am not~ :o

Now you have me curious. It’s insanely hard to find on google, but the one hit I did find suggests it has something to do with model collecting. Is that your secret? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:
Here’s more damning evidence: http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW22482

A-brand appears to be a Japanese company that makes Japanese anime figures, some of which are a bit ecchi.

It’s alright Olf, we understand. :wink:

Oh well, robo. Well, the A-brand boxes were very limited packages that included a special figure, phone cards… and the game, of course. An A-brand box is about 22.000?, though, robo.

You can see here Azifu and Lady Etheldreda, and here Another Blood, robo.

I hate to say it, but I could definitely see myself developing an obsession for Another Blood. Which doesn’t place well in the hierarchy of obsession (what I have (ok) vs what I will have (questionable) vs what I may eventually have (bad) vs what I will never have (worst)).

The best Another Blood figure is this one IMO.

Figures are ok, but I’d much rather have the game than a figure of a character from the game. Playing it in Japanese would probably not be much fun at this point, so all I can do right now is add it to my wishlist and hope the game catches JAST’s eye–all so I can satisfy my gothic lolita fetish.

For those who played Demonbane and Jingai Makyou, are those VN better than Saya no uta, Phantom of inferno and Chaos Head ?
It’s just to know if we are starting with the bottom of nitro+'s VN or if if maybe Those two are even better.

When I play an awesome VN (like Saya no Uta or Phantom) it takes time for me to accept the fact there are other great VN like that in the world :smiley:
VN are like drugs… I always need a better one :lol:

Saya and Phantom are generally considered Nitroplus’ best works, along with Hello World and maybe more recently Sumaga and Muramasa. Demonbane and Jingai Makyou are certainly their more commercially succesful titles, but when people talk about great stuff they’re not mentioned that often. Still, they are good.

If you want to go by Japanese sources, their scores on ErogameScape are as follows: 75 for Jingai Makyou and 79 for Demonbane. These are excellent scores, mind you, Saya has score of 81 and Phantom’s is 85.

In my opinion:

Phantom of Inferno > Demonbane > Saya no Uta > Chaos;Head > Jingai Makyou

(with Muramasa and Hello, World better than all of them)

I did not like Phantom of Inferno much. I hated the DVD format and as I understand it, it was heavily censored in english version.

Here’s a review recently posted for Muramasa:

http://accany.wordpress.com/2009/11/15/ … #more-3391

You mean, a bunch of shitty H scenes were removed? I’m not sure I’d be complaining that much about ‘censorship’ that actually improves the game. Plus, this way you got voices. Do you really prefer unnecessary, poorly written H scenes over voices?

Well, the DVD format is entirely valid reason to dislike Phantom. Also, Hirameki’s translation was quite off at places to name another fault.
Still, even with those faults I liked it. Hopefully somebody translates Phantom Integration some time, DVD format has to be turn-off to most of the visual novel audience.

check out this new figure i saw in the jast store
http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/YOYA965