JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

I’m starting to really look forward to this release. It’s one of the few that i considered picking up in Japanese if I ever ran out of good english releases, as my grasp of Japanese is very weak indeed (though i’m trying to learn)

if you get it and can play through tell everyone how good it is

DemonBane official site up:

http://www.nitroplususa.com/demonbane/index.html

Pre-order available.

And still no date… give me a date, and you get a pre-order…

They don’t give exact dates anymore, because they rarely make them.

The most they give us normally is an ‘estimated season release’ ( spring/summer/fall/winter ) but they never seem to make these, for example LWR2 was estimated at last winter :slight_smile: . Normally these are said at conventions IF they say it at all ( I believe they only give these details once a year or so )

Occasionally we are told when testing begins, but not always. ( Lasts 1-2 months normally )

Once it has hit golden master status we are informed, and the game is normally released within 2 months unless theirs a big/popular game coming out

i preorder then send my money order when it goes gold

At such a cheap price, they didn’t need to give me a date to get my preorder!

I really, really hope this ends up being uncensored. For such a great price, I can see a lot of the fans of the original Japanese versions re-buying the games in an uncensored English version.

By the way, Olf, to someone that doesn’t know much about Demonbane, what is so amazing about it? (besides Azifu :stuck_out_tongue: ) It does look nice from the screens, but I don’t know much about it.

Well, in a few words, I’d say that it allies Cthulhu Mythos, magic and giant robots in a breathtaking tale of epic scale, entangling destinies, eternal damnations, Good & Evil without ever entering the manichean common trap, and tragedies, a tale where the story takes precedence over even the main character (contrary to many, many erogames), giving time to each and all story-important characters --such as the Black Lodge members, who aren’t reduced to mere puny villains to be defeated, but have a true, if completely despicable, personality-- and not even minding to put the main character in a back seat to focus on other characters.
Personally, I consider the True Route of the Al-Azif story to be one of the most epic stories in all the erogames I played, comparable to, say, the True Route of the Eimu story in “AYAKASHI”, Heinrike’s route in “Yatohime Zankikou”, or the Normal Ending route of the “Heaven’s Feel” chapter of “Fate/stay night”. In an old RAML post, I wrote that:

That being said, if you can stand neither the Cthulhu Mythos, nor giant robots, you’re likely not to enjoy “Demonbane”…

(As a note, I hope the translator JAST chooses is a fan and proficient in Cthulhu Mythos because, as far as I could tell since I didn’t read Lovecraft in Japanese, some texts are complete excerpts of his books --such as Yog-Sothoth’s description)

…oh, and it has Azifu, of course.

…Well, that sounds epic. I’m definitely going to get it when it comes out. (assuming it isn’t censored, of course :wink: ) I’m not the biggest fan of giant robots, but it’s not like I loathe them.

i saw some of the cg
and it doesn’t look censored
take a look here
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/10/2 … ase-nears/

That artwork is beautiful! Not just the H-scenes, i’m talking about the quality of the images.

Thanks, but I’m not talking about mosaics. I mean stuff that is removed/edited from the Japanese release like what was done to Family Project and XC3.]

Edit: I forgot to ask: how many endings are there and how long does it compare to, say, Princess Waltz? Second, what is the H-scene count?

i think i heard 11 endings at one time but i could be wrong
there are 3 heroines

Would you listen to yourself?

Yes, Gekkou no Carnevale was the 50th highest selling VN in the first half of 2007
and the “unwanted” Jingai Makyo was the 18th highest selling VN in the first half of 2005

Are you SURE you’re not a troll, trying to make fans of Gekkou no Carnevale (a really good game) look bad?

EDIT: And who cares about sales figures? Going by your logic, JAST shouldn’t be translating unwanted games like Demonbane (12th highest selling visual novel of 2003) but should instead translate SNOW, the second highest selling visual novel of 2003! And let me assure you, you would not want that.

Out of curiosity, which of the the two has the better story, JM or GnC? Also since I know nothing about either game, except they’re considered to be very good, what’s JM about and what’s GnC about?

Also how does JM compare to Demonbane storywise? And since they’re both of the horror genre, does JM draw from any specific mythology like Demonbane does with Cthulu?

11? :shock: AFAIK, there are 5: one end for Leica, a normal and a true end for Ruri and a normal and a true end for Azifu. Even taking into account the bad ends (one on Ruri’s route and one on Azifu’s route), that’s a total of 7.

I think I’ll wait on preordering too, due to the potential (I’d like to say unlikely, though) censorship issue and because I prefer buying things via RightStuf.

Awesome, though.

peach princess has the cover art up and it look cool
http://www.peachprincess.com/Merchant2/ … _Code=BGAL