Just Completed "Chain" - Any Others Like It?

Hey, this may seem comically Johnny-come-lately, but:
I just finished “Chain”;
I really dug on it;
I’m wanting more.

Has anyone who’s played the untranslated ecchi-games seen anything like it? What I mean is, a game with a cool storyline and for once a different scenario than “Unsuspecting horn-dog gets dumped inexplicably into a situation in which he’s surrounded by impossibly gorgeous and oversexed women and his only objective in life is to jump each of them ASAP.” Not to knock the virtues of lust, mind you, but it was great to have an engaging story to follow and the private detective thing is perfectly suited for ecchi games, IMO. (Obvious downside of Chain was its lack of a branching plot or anything like a challenging puzzle, therfore limited interaction - but it was great anyway.)

Has anybody seen anything similar - or heard anything about a sequel from Zyx?

I wasn’t even bothered by the the rape scenes much, since the ones committing them were definitely the Bad Guys and the game didn’t force you to play the role of any of them. However, I still tire of the moronic convention of the rape victim always ending up getting turned on and orgasmic by roughly mid-assault. Do the guys who write this stuff seriously believe anyone buys into that bullsh*t?

I’m now turning my attentions to Kango Shicyauzo and experiencing a major concept-clash: Bounced out of a serious detective yarn into a Trabulance candy store! Sheesh! I will cope, of course - and the background art in KS is phenomenal. Some of them look like photographic quality - too bad the characters aren’t done in the same style. But then we’d be getting out of the classic manga/anime style I suppose.

Just consider this a “Dear Santa” type request that some future localizations be picked that have good stories to go along with all the other stuff we love about bishoujo games.

[This message has been edited by ZaphodB.Goode (edited 11-07-2004).]

You might enjoy Nocturnal Illusions. It’s included in the Milky House Memorial Collection from JAST USA.

Divi-Dead is a gothic horror tale that has gotten some good reviews. To quote one of them

quote:
In the end, Divi-Dead is a must-play for those who enjoy graphic adventures, those who wish to be scared, and even those who enjoy a good story. Frequent turns and hooks will keep you playing until the earliest hours of the morning. Divi-Dead will have you keep playing until it takes control, and then won’t let go. A truly amazing feat for any game.
I confess I haven’t actually played Divi-Dead yet, but I do have it on order. I decided, like Zaphod, to try something with a different scenario that keeps you guessing. I ordered it from Himeya together with Kimiga Nozomu Eien, another story-rich b-game.

If you want a mistery/erotic Bgame with strong storytelling, try some of these translated BGames:

Peachprincess
-Critical Point
-Snow Drop

Himeya
-Desire
-Divi-Dead
-Eve Burst Error (1st game from the EVE Saga. Non-H
)
-Adam The Double Factor (3rd game from the EVE Saga. H**)

Hirameki DVD-PG (Non-H*)
-Phantom of Inferno
-Hourglass of Summer

As for untranslated mistery/erotic Bgames, well, there’s A LOT more!
ABEL-SOFT for instance has some very good mistery bgames maybe Hirameki will be releasing translated in the future. Others very good mistery/detective bgames i want to see translated are those from UNKNOWN-Soft.

Check Himeya website to find some more.

Thanks for the tips guys. I’m planning on getting Divi-Dead and Critical Point, as soon as I’ve played my way through my backlog. Each of those have been reviewed as having good points and bad, but look like they’re worth the trip.

If you liked chain, You will really like eve burst error, dividead is also friggan awesome. I:d pick up adam too, after you play ebe.

I can’t stress enough on playing EBE though, best damn game in english.

Yeah have to agree, if you like chain there’s a high probablility that you will like the eve series. As far as linear games go, Desire, eve, and divi-dead are probably the best of the bunch. In Eve you play 2 different character and you switch off playing each characters scenarios to reach the ending. In Desire you play through the game with the first person then you replay the game again as another person to get a different perspective of what’s going on and getting more info in the plot. Divi-dead is a great horror title with nice spooky movie and supernatural themes.

One other thing I wanted to mention wrt Divi-Dead, since you mention you hadn’t ordered it - apparently only Himeya Soft, the original translator, still has it for sale. They have a walkthough that includes all five ‘good’ endings on their product page. A link in Rowena’s review points to a product page at RightStuf, but it’s no longer in stock. There is, however, a Quicktime movie available there for download. Until recently this title was featured at several sites, but it appears to have disappeared everywhere except at Himeya Soft, so if you’re interested, don’t delay!

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
-Eve Burst Error (1st game from the EVE Saga. Non-H**)
-Adam The Double Factor (3rd game from the EVE Saga. H**)

Sorry, but I have to chime in three picky details:

• If you regard EVE as a series, EVE Burst Error is actually the second part, right after EVE Zero.
  • Taking that into account, Adam - the double factor is the fourth part.
  • The qualitiy of the story in Adam is way below Chain or EVE Burst Error, so I wouldn't guarantee that Zaphod would like it as much as those. Particularly the cliffhanger-ending that is to be concluded in the fifth part EVE - The Fatal Attraction spoils the remaining appeal of Adam. Because this fifth part isn't going to be localized, the non-japanese player is left hanging in thin air.

And now back to the void of lurkers...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 11-09-2004).]

Well, even considerating EVE Zero was made after EVE BURST ERROR, the story tells the prelude of EVE. So, i kinda considerate EVE ZERO the part number, well, zero of the EVE saga.
Zero comes before one, you know.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
So, i kinda considerate EVE ZERO the part number, well, [b]zero of the EVE saga. [/b]

... and Love Potion (first appearance of Himuro Kyoko) as number -1?

So what are the titles of the Eve series and in what order? I only new of EBE and ADF.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/njeater/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by MadMooch:
So what are the titles of the Eve series and in what order? I only new of EBE and ADF.

• (Love Potion may be counted as a special introduction of Himuro Kyoko. Otherwise, it is not really related to the EVE series.)
  • EVE Zero
  • EVE Burst Error
  • EVE - The Lost One
  • ADAM - The double Factor
  • EVE - The Fatal Attraction

Don’t forget Eve Burst Error Plus… the renewed version of Eve Burst Error.

Unfortunately, CS’Ware is gone. But we can still find some info and Cgs at Himeya’s and at the link bellow:

http://www.game-village.ne.jp/
http://www.game-village.ne.jp/eveonline/index.html

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 11-09-2004).]

Looks like Nand was wrong when he said the unicorn is extinct in our forum

Yeah Adam ends in a horrible cliff hanger and I’m still pissed at c’s ware for not bringing out the rest of this series.

Dammit guys, now I’m seriously psyched to play the Eve series but as indicated I’ve got a backlog of unplayed games (work, sleep, eat, work, sleep, eat and not much time for anything else,) and to make matters worse there’s the Holiday season coming up with the usual drain on the buckage - and yesterday the auto dude told me I need a brake job…Ack! Mr. Murphy is definitely along for this ride, specifically his venerable maxim: “Expenses will expand to encompass available cash.”

Without my Laphroaig 10 year [http://www.laphroaig.com] and Frank Marino’s kickarse new “RealLIVE!” [http://www.mahoganyrush.com], I’d be stark raving mad.
There are those who say this is already the case, but I try not to listen to them…

[This message has been edited by ZaphodB.Goode (edited 11-09-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
  • (Love Potion may be counted as a special introduction of Himuro Kyoko. Otherwise, it is not really related to the EVE series.)
  • EVE Zero
  • EVE Burst Error
  • EVE - The Lost One
  • ADAM - The double Factor
  • EVE - The Fatal Attraction

Good to see you're back. I'll email you when i get a chance.

EVE Burst Error is by far the best. But note that the PC version is editted. You can tell by the story as it unfolds. However, this actually doesn’t affect the game at all, well that’s my opinion anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Looks like Nand was wrong when he said the unicorn is extinct in our forum [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

The last time I checked, unicorns are myths. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
The last time I checked, unicorns are myths. :P

Hmm... As mentioned by Unicorn, ever read Last Unicorn? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Hogi Bear (edited 11-09-2004).]