Katawa Shoujo

No but I wonder if it’s serious or just something you could unfortunately expect from typical /b/fags.

This game has been in the making for a while as I think a post was made on either mirror moon or encubed about it last year with little mention of the story or any in game images. Now that I’ve had a look I have to say I’m impressed, the artwork for the heroines is very well done though I think a little more work needs to be done on the male characters, at least the main character and the teacher (the nurse looks drawn well enough and the guy with the glasses is passable). The background art looks well done and reminds me of some of the doujin type games.
I’ll download the demo now and give my thoughts later.

The game is legit: it’s been in production for a long time. Some others have mentioned it in older threads. I’m fairly impressed with their work to be honest. They’re doing it for the love of bgaming, and pushing through despite all the setbacks and varying experience. It’s all out of pocket for them. No profit.

Personally, I won’t be playing it until I finish my own project. I’d rather avoid the mistakes or accusations of idea cross pollination. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, I’ve played the demo for about an hour now, and I have to say that I’m impressed. The graphics are actually above what I’ve seen in a lot of doujin games, the characters so far all have interesting and unique personalities, and the music’s nice. This definitely has me looking forward to seeing the finished product of this group’s effort, and I highly reccomend everyone give this game demo a try.

I like what I’ve seen so far. There’s definitely a strong foundation for a good story - now, I just have to hope it moves in the direction I want it to :P.

It’s done nicely. I like the art and music. But I must say I’m not crazy about intentionally sad stories that are trying to get to my soft side with some incurable disease (like Narcissu).

Couldn’t agree more. I only play unintentionally sad stories, like The Sagara Family.

In all seriousness, though… may I point out that you are playing Suika, an utsuge, and it’s very clearly intentional!

I would go first for the one without legs…

Hum… a new fetish ? :lol:

Naw. Being limbless has been a major mainstay of guro for some time now. :o

It’s only the Dark Side calling to you. :twisted:

They didn’t make it, Most people on the current project have nothing to do with 4ch.

It mostly started from an image on 4ch, however, the project wasn’t done by them.

Project was born from a picture posted on 4chan. Original image was from a Japanese doujin. The 4chan origin is sorta reflected in the “company” name: Four Leaf Studio

There’s no offical tie to 4chan, however several of the people involved visit 4chan. However none of them are admins or mods there… well… at least that we know of. There’s also the “Anonymous” mention in Special Thanks of the Staff page.

4chan supports the game, in as so far, as they’re spreading news of it on 4chan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically 4chan isn’t making the game… but the idea originated from 4chan and people working on it are 4chan posters.

4chan calls it theirs though… they’re /b/tards… so they think the whole universe is theirs. :wink:

4chan is pretty interesting place… comes up with a lot of neat ideas, despite the stupidty. I’ve got nothing to hate on them about.

4chan != /b/

/b/ doesn’t even know about Katawa Shoujo.

/b/ is basically the board to keep all the underaged users off the rest of the forum - essentially, to drain away the crap and improve the quality of the rest of 4chan.

lol… well ya… if you wanna be specific, I think its /a/ and /jp/ that are really pushing for it.

But it’s more fun to call all of 4chan /b/ :lol:

Okay… at first I thought you were just being cute…

If you came here to flame, you’re not going to find a very receptive audience. You’ve only made two posts, and they’re both filled with insults.

For someone who claims he’s better than /b/, you sure act like someone from /b/ :roll:

Ugh, as much as I enjoy when we get new people on the board, I have no tolerance for someone who seems to only be interested in being an asshole to everyone. Constructive criticism and mature debate is acceptable here, but name calling and flames are not. Take a chill pill, get laid (by a real or 2D girl), whatever, just take your unbridled hostility somewhere else.

How do you get laid by a 2D girl?

I’m serious; if you have this information, share it with us! I’m sure a lot of people need to know this as much as I do.

Hmmm, how shall I approach this? I suppose the first way I could approach this is to say that I was referring to being laid in both a virtual and literal way. Then I suppose I could approach this in numerous philosophical ways. For example, I could talk about how if you have a dream about getting laid by a 2D girl, who can truly prove that a dream is simply your soul temporarily migrating to another realm, or who is to prove that reality isn’t actually the dream and dreams actually the reality, and so on. As much as I enjoy and find fascinating the thoughts I have when I ponder the nature of existence and such, I’m not really in the mood to think about it in depth at the moment, and I’m certainly not in the mood to try and formulate these thoughts in to a post in relation to being laid by a 2D girl. :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit: Does it surprise anyone after reading this that I’m really in to Ghost in the Shell? :lol:

OR You can get yourself a full body pillowcase with your favorite character on it.

If you buy two of the same, they’re twins! :o

And you might not even need two — most pillows I’ve seen have the same pic on the front and the back, they dont have both sides of the same girl imprinted on them. So theres twins right there!