KIRAKIRA released!!!

It’s almost unbelievable and it sure is a very nice surprise in these harsh times for us erogamers but KIRAKIRA has indeed been just released by Mangagamer. The price is ¬Ä36.95 and it’s uncensored. Check their new page at www.mangagamer.com

WOOT?O_o

Apart from Kira Kira (which I will surely order ASAP), the new site is pretty good, with some nice downloadable wallpapers, movies and songs. Moreover, the page for Kira Kira is actually well written, and hopefully the in-game translation will be good, as well.

Nice work. They’re definitely learning from their mistakes.

My faith has been restored.
Although Kirakira really doesn’t interest me it’s good to see the site changed and listing genre’s and if the game is censored.

this is cool and unexpected

An email with my product ID just came… now all that is left for me is to return home from work and start downloading those 1,2 GB… I hope it will go smoothly… :slight_smile:

Cool. I’m really buried in stuff at the moment, so I’m unlikely to go for this unless someone comes up with a great review, but it’s good to see new stuff coming out! :slight_smile:

i have lots of time till i get CFA
it is 51.4194 usd and without a job i won’t have that kinda money till my birthday with is over a month away

Well, they may not be much information in English about this title but it’s supposed to be very good.
Asceai rates Kira Kira as the 12th best visual novel in his “Top 100 visual novels”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1sTFddUcec

Also, there’s this short review on mirrormoon: http://mirrormoon.org/blogs/takajun/200 … rtain_call

Curtain Call (featured in the “review”) appears to be a short sequel to the original Kira Kira.

Mangagamer’s new site design looks great. Loli mascot > ninja. Even more importantly, I didn’t see any Engrish at first glance. They did a nice job.

Kira Kira is really, really, really good. Seriously, really good.

The game isn’t all \m/ either - it’s an incredibly well written (I think Setoguchi Renya is actually one of the best ,if not the best, eroge writers just for his writing style. Too bad he retired), deeply emotional story. I just hope Mangagamer have done a good job with it.

So far so good. The download was without any problems, the game doesn’t need to be installed. I’m enjoying the story so far, the j-rock music at the beginning was awesome. Also, the translation seems to be good.

\m/ TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE \m/

This. :smiley: The first eroge he worked on, S.M.L’s CARNIVAL had a very unusual structure and some oddities in the original plan, but was turned into a minor masterpiece through his writing (unlike his other two eroges, SWAN SONG and Kira?Kira, he was only in charge of the scenario, not the planning as well.) [For Curtain Call, the Kira?Kira fandisk/spinoff, he was in charge of the planning, but not the scenario].

Because of the writer I’m still undecided whether or not to get Mangagamer’s translation or the original version - I’ll definitely be waiting for more feedback on the translation quality and accuracy first.

Nice surprise. I was planning to get the Japanese version someday, but I might just give this version a try instead.

Jeez, I go to sleep instead of checking out the mangagamer “site renewal” and now I’m a late comer to the KiraKira news. I was so freaking happy they released this before anything bad happened.

Currently downloading it, I’ve been waiting to play this since I first heard of it. It reminds me of Beck just on first looks, we’ll see how that perception holds up.

yes I have been dying to play this game

Hedonism is right. This game strongly reminds me of such anime (& manga) as BECK or Nana that I dearly love. I’m also a big fan of j-rock and j-pop generally so I’m probably a little biased here but so far I find Kira Kira to be a very very good story-driven visual novel. I’ve played about 3 hours today (till the opening movie) and the translation has been good (I’d say on the level of Suika) and the only typos I noticed were dots at the end of several sentences (but I must say there were quite many). The music in KiraKira so far exceeded my expectations, there’s a big variety in themes, some are quiet, some are loud and there was a good rock songs during a live performace and I felt just like being there. As for the difference between japanese and english versions, the english version is supposed to be uncensored so that might also be a factor for some people. I probably couldn’t recommend Kira Kira to people who can’t stand rock music but otherwise I don’t see any reason not to buy this little gem. So the only inconveniences so far are those typos and I also haven’t noticed any CG gallery.

does anyone have a walkthrough yet

I would recommend it to people who can’t stand rock music - you’ll still be able to appreciate those parts of the story, given that they’re pretty tongue-in-cheek anyway, and there’s a LOT more to Kira Kira than that. Honestly, the game is for anyone EXCEPT people who get depressed easily and don’t like it. If you don’t like depressing games stay the hell away from Kira Kira.

The CG gallery + scene recollection shouldn’t be unlocked until you’ve finished at least one route.

you mean that in this game there are no good endings? the stories all end badly ?!?! please tell me no :cry:, otherwise can you tell me more in “spoiler”?