Koihime Musou

Figured that since the game’s set to come out within a couple of months there should be a thread for it. Also Mangagamer’s made a blog post about how to translate stuff, basically terms and techniques:

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/03 … omment-859

I hope this game will sell well since they’re still struggling…

I mention the game whereever I go. Decent games with gameplay need support.

For me the battles in Shin Koihime Musou , whilst not bad to the point of being annoying (mostly because they only made up a rather small portion of the overall game), weren’t particularly well done. As far as I can tell, there’s no difficulty setting, and the AI is rather poor and very easy to trick within the game’s simple rock/paper/scissors framework. Although the gameplay system looks a little different in the original, I imagine the same comments apply. It’s a pity they didn’t put more effort into it, as as it stands, it’s essentially a good, high production values moege with a truckload of heroines/ero-scenes/CGs.

I’m in the same boat as you, played Shin Koihime Musou and enjoyed it overall but found the battles more of a nuisance than anything else. Fortunately once you beat them once you can just skip them anytime you encounter them again. Even though they added a number of characters in Shin, the original still had a large cast so I’m fairly confident that it’ll be just as good, but only if there is more Shunran.

can’t wait for the game hope it doesn’t take too long to get out
is the koihime muso as much about battles as rance or is the game have make choices in dialog to win different girls or a mix of both

It’s basically a normal visual novel with battle minigames rather than a full strategic game like Sengoku Rance. So, yeah, making choices to win different girls.

do you have to win all the battles

So how many routes and endings does this game have?

According to Foolmaker, 4 endings, 1 route.

do you get all the girls in the main route

How do we fight the battle, alone or as a team? If it is a team battle, do we control only the hero or the whole team?

Are there any sidequest elements in this game like optional characters to recruit or special equipment to obtain?

i think there are 6 single girl routes and 4 faction routes
but i am not sure

If they lowered their overall prices by half and produced a small volume of hardcopy discs they would likely see a lot more interest in their products.

… which would drive them to bankruptcy at this rate…

"MangaGamer.com will conduct a Spring Sale celebrating the Japanese school entry season!!
The following school related titles would be marked off accordingly from April 1st to April 7th.

“Da Capo”
49.95 Euros → 24.95 Euros

“SHUFFLE!”
36.95 Euros → 24.95 Euros

“KIRAKIRA”
36.95 Euros → 24.95 Euros

“KIRAKIRA All-Ages Version”
29.95 Euros → 14.95 Euros"

That would be extremely tempting without the DRM problem if it were true (dubious of april 1st sales!), as I’m spending the month of April at a different computer in a different country from usual, which makes installation limits even more of a problem than otherwise… although at 14.95 for the non-H build I can probably just get it and deal with any troubles later.

I still wish they’d MAKE AN AFFILIATE PROGRAM ALREADY so I could sell their games…

This topic is being discussed on their boards right now (and has had an encouraging response from the MG representative kouryuu): http://mangagamer.site11.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=769

Some bugging from a retailer like you at this point might be enough to get the ball rolling.

they could burn the games to dvd r’s and send them