Koihime Musou

the status of the game is being posted on twitter
http://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/11846926090

Randomly off topic, is this game going to be a sequel/prequel to the anime? Or is it the same story?

Koihime Musou the anime was based off of Koihime Musou the game. Just as I would assume that the Shin Koihime Musou anime is based off the Shin Koihime Musou game which was a remake of the original. On top of that I believe the anime (never actually watched it so I’m going by word of mouth) didn’t really get into the game’s story.

http://mangagamer.site11.com/viewtopic. … t=30#p5463

It appears that while they share the same characters, the plot of the anime is only tangentially related to the game. BTW, Kouryuu is part of the MG team working on the localization.

The ones you don’t get… the other girls get. :smiley:

The battle system is Army vs. Army. You pick your General, which determines what Ougi you can use in battle and when, your strategist, which determines what army formations gain additional bonuses, then you assign your troops to one of three roles: archers, infantry, or heavy infantry. The formations work like a complex paper rock scissors, which each formation having strengths and weaknesses against others, plus the bonuses of your strategist and the bonuses of the enemy’s strategist combined in the mix. Your Ougi and their Ougi can also have a large impact on the battle too. Also, some combinations are better suited towards meeting different mission goals.

I’ve only seen the first anime myself, and yes, a tangential relation is the closest relation the two have at best. The plot is vastly different from the anime–though so far it’s proven to be fairly in line with the actual Romance of the Three Kingdoms tale.

the latest twitter posts make it seem that is and demonbane will come out around the same time

Which means I may have to choose which one to put on my pending matter list. Tough choice…

get demonbane first and you won’t have to worry about shipping and you get a better story for you loli fix

But since Koihime Musou’s a digital copy, you won’t be paying for shipping for that either. Then again since the price for the game is in euros KM will likely be the more expensive of the two

does anyone know if there is a site with the 3 sizes for each girl

You could always check the Japanese wikipedia.

the twitter makes it seem like it should be done pretty soon

here is the latest word on koihime muso for Kouryuu
"Well, considering the final scripts have now finished trans, editing, and were sent off just a few hours ago. It’s all a matter of scripting this point. So, the answer is basically however long it takes them to input that massive horde of text into their engine.

Perhaps now’s the time to start that pool on which title’s going to hit release first, lol"

Bah, so it sounds like both Koihime Musou and Demonbane are in script insertion limbo. If I had to put money down, I’d put my money on Koihime Musou coming out first. Don’t really care about Guilty the Sin–that’d have to get some pretty good reviews to grab my attention.

koihime still needs to get the demo out so my bets are on demonbane

Which one has more text? I saw on mangagamer’s blog a discussion about Koihime being bigger than any other game that’s ever been translated. So I’d actually expect Koihime to take time after this. Depending on where exactly Demonbane is at, it might wind up coming out first.

(Then again, after Demonbane is done it has to be pressed and then shipped. Koihime does not. Hmm hmm hmmmmm … )

Koihime Musou has quite a bit more text than Demonbane. I suspect Fate/stay Night is still longer than Koihime Musou though, but that’s not officially/legally translated so maybe it doesn’t count.

sounds like the demo should be out very soon

there is good news and bad news the good news is the demo will be out soon
the bad news is the game won’t be voiced unless the sales of the first batch are good
http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/09 … /#more-670
it is 2000 to get full voice
http://novelnews.net/2010/09/08/mangaga … ime-musou/

Correction* not voiced until the sales reach 2000+, with no time limit; then the download is freely upgraded for all existing users.
Price also has been lowered a small bit to reflect it. So…

In a way I could see this as a good thing, lower price; same product… assuming you are comfortable with waiting the extra time it takes to reach 2000+ sales…
If you wait for a MangaGamer sale (if they will do one for Koihime), maybe you can really get a good bargain then…