Koihime Musou

So the game didn’t originally have voice acting in it like F/SN?

no the voice cast costs too much
they need the 2000 sales to pay for the voice cast

Well Rance was enjoyable without voice acting; I hope the gameplay’s just as addicting.
I plan to buy the game, then read Romance of the Three Kingdoms so I’ll get whatever in jokes they make so as to wait things out.
Just curious, but have any of PP’s eroge sold over 2000 copies?

this game is more like princess waltz than rance
where the game is mostly vn and less rpg
the next real h-rpg will will get will be late next year
oh and they said it might not be out by fall either
i will wait a few weeks and see if they game gets voiced

Not that I mean to offend any fellow galge fans ¬ñ I’m one too after all ¬ñ but the business side of me is simply stunned. I had no idea the western eroge market was this horribly pathetic. Please tell me this is some sort of publicity stunt.

To get voice acting they first have to sell 2000 copies? And because the game doesn’t come with voice acting right out the gates, they seriously do not have the confidence that it would sell at least 2000 copies, without getting on their hands and knees to [i]beg[/i] western galge customers to buy it? And this is considered one of the upper tier franchises for eroge!

That’s absolutely fucking terrible.

The shittiest PC games that sell at Walmart in the bargain bins sell more than 2000 copies before they land in the shitty bargain bin, even when 99.99% of the population knew they were shitty. :roll:

seeing how popular this is my bet is there are people that will get at least 2-4 copies just to the full voice version out as fast as possible

I’m saddened by the fact that they need to relicense the voices. That just seems wrong to me-- it’s not a whole new product, it’s just another release of an existing product! Royalties are one thing, but needing to license the voices again? How can ANYONE sell English eroge? I doubt there’s any translated eroge that has sold enough to buy the voiceacting for it.

If 2000 copies is the best eroge can do in the West, then Sakura Wars 5 and Brooktown High selling 50,000 copies was a miracle on the consoles.

EDIT
I also love some of the responses: “I this doesn’t come with voice acting, I’m not getting it” kind of attitude. Way to go. I’m sure that kind of self righteous nature, will ensure the future prosperity and chances of more Nexton games in America and Europe. Glad I’m fluent in Japanese: at least these games will continue to survive there. :expressionless:

On the other hand, Demonbane is voice acted out the gates, so I guess that narrows down what people will be getting if forced to choose between the two. :roll:

EDIT 2
Just saw a post on an IM, saying that when the English game comes out, some pirate groups have promised they will make their own voice patch using the files from the pirated Japanese game (i.e. just take the text outta one and shove it in the other): so don’t bother getting the official game - they’ve got it covered. :roll:

my main reason i am hesitant to buy it is lack of job
my new guess for the full game is around christmas

Ah, excellent. You know, I’ve noticed that we tend to pirate a game instead of buying it (you know, in protest) because the game is overpriced, it’s been modified/censored, it hasn’t been de-mosiac’d, the translation isn’t great, the game is old, the game isn’t good enough to pay for etc. etc. yet even when none of those conditions match the game still ends up being pirated. One could possibly even say that maybe people who obtain something for free they really should have been paying for aren’t QUITE the paragons of morality they’ve been cracked up to be. …nah, couldn’t be~

EDIT: to clarify, I don’t have much of a problem with piracy, being something that doesn’t really affect me (I don’t agree with the idea that people who pirated something would have necessarily bought it if that option wasn’t available) and something that I don’t think can be controlled or is worth worrying about from a business perspective. Just the ‘moral pirates’ who try to justify their actions–THAT sickens me.

I’m a little shocked right now and I said in another thread I wasn’t going to play this one. I really hope it does well. I don’t know how much sales a western release gets, but I would imagine it would be hard to get people to commit to it under these circumstances. Perhaps they should have said after the first 2000 the first buyers will get voices and those after wouldn’t. Then people would rush to reserve their spot even if it meant sales would be dismal later.

they did it with x-change 3 so there is no reason they won’t make one for koihime muso
yeah there is a fan patch replacing the dialouge from the teaching 2 , lipp , and the replacing the blood and tears for the rape scene

I’d say it would be pretty sad if a game like say Superman 64 sold better than Koihime Musou

Edit: It would also be very funny

Indeed. This means that either it’s taken a very long time for big titles like Da Capo to successfully reach that mark, or worse, none of their games have.

No wonder they can’t press physical discs. Hell, they’re lucky they’re still in business at THAT rate. They’re not like Jast USA, they don’t have JList propping them up.

I hope the game does much better than they’re expecting, given how awesome it’s supposed to be. But I have to say, I’m doubtful. Shuffle! and Da Capo both have animes domestically released, and if they’re worried about this game moving 2000 copies, then it’s doubtful even those titles hit 2K.

Honestly though, the MG forums have like what ~600 members…? Now I know this is a tough economy and all, but really, if every forum member dropped a total of around $150 starting from release to the end of time (ie, slow eroge month? throw $50 MG’s way), they can hit 2000 sales without much of an issue.

It’s just mind boggling that 2000 sales is supposed to be some catastrophically high number… when it comes to ANYTHING retail wise.

You really think people are going to buy multiple copies of any MangaGamer game? Sure, a handful of people might buy one or two extra copies of the game. But your idea would require everybody to buy somewhere between three and four copies of the game. I’m sorry, but that’s just not realistic. People complained that their games were too expensive before they started reducing the price on their newer titles. Suggesting that people drop even more money than that on multiple copies of the game - when there is no guarantee it will accomplish anything at all - I just can’t see it being credible. People just won’t do it.

Heck, I can count myself among those. That $150 could go a long way towards a lot of things, and money’s really tight right now. Am I going to buy a copy of the game? Yeah. It looks like a lot of fun. Am I going to play it until the updated version with voice is released? Probably not.

Bah, it’s so pathetic yet expectable. 2000 is nothing and even less than nothing. A below-average erogame would be able to do that without much problem in Japan, and NEXTON doesn’t even expect a top-tier game to reach that in the US? It’s just ridiculous, but expectable and shows what kind of people the Western erogamers are. They rage at the Japanese companies for IP-blocking them (and justify them pirating)… even while not being visitors of the pages, they rage at the Japanese companies for making it hard to buy their Japanese games (and justify them pirating)… even while not being customers, they rage at the Japanese and English companies for not bringing them the game they want (and justify them pirating)… even while not being customers anyway, etc.
Bah, totally expectable. The vast majority of western erogamers are but whiny, spoilt brats anyway, and I’ve yet to be proven the contrary, in all these 15 years I’ve been around them. All the serious ones have learnt Japanese (or in the process of doing so) and are playing the Japanese ones since then, without whining or raging.

I don’t think piracy is the cause at all; the fandom really is that small. Anyway, I think Koihime Musou will reach 2000, but I wouldn’t want to place any bets on how long that will take. Could be years.

I think people need to wear glasses ^^

They said that 2000 copy is needed to cover the cost for the voicing patch (licence and stuff).
They said that if everybody who follow MG on Twitter and their forum ask one or 2 friend to buy Koihime Mousou, getting 2000 is a “walk in the park baby!”, but they didn’t count people who buy their game and don’t follow them on Twitter or on the forum and which are the majority.

Soooooooo, 2000 it’s not a big amount.Well anyway, i’ll wait until ehy’re near the 2000 before buying it anyway… And i’m sure that i’ll wait less than 3 month.

I can see people buying multiple physical copies, but do people really buy multiple copies of download only games? I don’t see it happening. Not in a significant number. If this were a game of another genre gamers would find it unacceptable to have one region with voices and another completely without.