Koihime Musou

You may want to look at something like this artbook:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shin-Koihime-Musou- … 0615304898

1. 3 heroine ends and a harem end.

who are the heroines that get endings

Kan’u, Chouhi and Shokatsuryou of course

I’ll probably buy this at the end of the Spring Semester and only play it if I could get an unofficial, or official voice patch within a year. Afterwards, I’ll just treat it as though its sengoku rance.

A pity that re-licensing of 20+ seiyuu could be so cost prohibitive.

voices make the h-scenes better

quoted for truth, but its disappointing for individuals who only will buy / play the game when there’s only voices. What’s more important…story or voice? is the driving force for eroge voice or story? sometimes i don’t know why people cannot look at the bigger picture for eroge that its story is what driving it. :? i saw alot of comments in other forums, its sad to see how fellow players are missing a great game because its without voice :cry:

Switching to another dicussion…if you are playing this, what endings would you (and others) achieve first? would you save the best for the last? or dive straight to get the good ending for your favourite heroine? :?:

Chouhi(rinrin) and Shokatsuryou(shuri) are my favs of the heroines with ending

For me it’s a combination of story art and voice, if either is lacking it doesn’t appeal to me… In some cases I might compromise a little on the story aspect, but that’s mainly in sex romps, probably because it’s not really that necessary in such a game, though it’s more then welcomed.
I would love to be able to ignore such matters, but I’ve come to realise that if either category isn’t there or lacking, it just won’t be an enjoyable game for me.

I especially find voice to be the most important thing among the three, cause it’s one of the contributing aspects that make me “feel” for the character, if she’s sad/joyful/naughty or whatever really… It’s way easier to relate to a character if you can actually listen to it’s different expressions, and I feel without it a lot of the actual game feel is lost.

It is most definitely a loss for me not to check it out however, same as with games I just can’t get myself to buy due to not liking the artwork… Because I’m sure I’ll be missing out on a ton of great stuff due to that. But then again I know myself well enough by now, that I wouldn’t be gaining anything from compromising either.

with no voice, does this mean Nexton is gambling with this game? if it did have voices, would it sell better than the its 2000 unit mark?

Reading that statement of yours, I somewhat feel that Nexton has made a mistake and did not take a risk in fully releasing this game in completion. Isn’t is better to release the voiced version to attract sales or non-voiced …(where non-voiced pisses alot of fans off :? )

I do wonder…if there is a voice patch made by fans, would people be faithful enough to get this game.

oh btw, is there a chinese version of Koihime? I can read cantonese, just wondering if there is a physical koihime from the asia that i can get my hands on…or there is none?

side note: apparently there is a h-manga, of the romance of the 3 kingdoms lol. if anyone is interested, let me know. It has humour to it :lol:

Nexton saw Mangagamer’s sales and realized that the sales they could reasonably expect wouldn’t cover the cost of relicensing the voices. Seems like a sound business decision to me, though perhaps a bit shortsighted. Honestly, I don’t think the decision will harm their profits (even if they end up negative). It might harm sales significantly, but half the cost of localizing the game was licensing the voices anyway.

The ones really getting harmed are Mangagamer. This doesn’t exactly help their reputation, which is already scarred. I think the next few months will mark a critical period that will show whether Mangagamer is capable of generating a return on the investment that’s been made (including their recent efforts to improve their translations and marketing). If they fail to turn a decent profit on games like Da Capo 2 and Koihime Musou, then I don’t really see a future for them business-wise.

If Mangagamer (business-wise) is not coming out well in the future, what will happen to these games they translate, like Kira Kira, shuffle, koihime etc. Will this be the same scenario as i read before in page 6, post #14, which what happens to GC?

I’m sort of confuse on this business model, of who owns what and what happens to who if something goes wrong :?

Eroge is produced pretty cheaply because everyone still owns their work (except for e.g. seiyuu where normally the recording studio owns the work iirc), they just grant permission for it to be used. So, a lot of people all own little bits of the eroge making getting rights to do ANYTHING a complete nightmare.

so if anyone say Company A decides to take in Mangagamer, and decides to release its games, it has to go through the procedures that Mangagamer went as well? :?:

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘take in’ Mangagamer. Another company working as a distributor for a different market? In that case, they’d probably negotiate rights through Mangagamer who are best placed to handle this. CIRCUS, Overdrive etc. likely have ready access to these recording studios and the staff they use or used in the past. Like, I’m pretty sure Kure’s permission would have been needed to distribute Suika and Da Capo, but even though he’s no longer working at CIRCUS that shouldn’t have been a problem.

I think Astraea127 is asking about what happens if someone buys out MangaGamer in the way that G-C was “bought out” by Jast USA. G-C used to be the Japanese arm of CD-Bros, then it imploded when CD-Bros imploded. Then Jast USA bought the pieces of the company up and acquired the rights to their library.

There’s no way that would happen. If that many companies went down at once the eroge industry would be in far bigger trouble.

The companies composing Mangagamer seem healthy enough. If Mangagamer dies, it’ll be with a whimper and not a bang. The companies will simply go their own ways, and new English releases will stop coming out. For a time, the games will still be up for download, because there’s still a profit to be made. After that, there’s no telling–they might just sell the licenses to the existing games to JAST, or simply take the website down and call it quits. I do doubt however that they’ll be eager to work with a new localizer after their Japanese-based venture failed–it doesn’t make much sense to pull out to cut your losses and then jump right back into the fray.

Also, wasn’t CD-Bros pretty big? I mean, Mangagamer has connections, but do they really have that many more than the entire CD-Bros group?

The parent companies, yes, but MangaGamer itself seems to have a lot less funding. At least, that’s why there’s no hard copies. (And yes, I know, there ARE hard copies of a few of their games now. But they haven’t rolled that out to all of their products yet.)

If MangaGamer itself runs out of money, and the sponsor companies decide not to bail it out, I can see MG itself going under and Peter having an opportunity similar to the one he had in the past. J-List has a much bigger source of funds with which to underwrite MangaGamer’s operations than the current guys in the Netherlands seem to. How likely that is, I don’t know. I’m not privy to the details of how MG is financed. But I suspect that’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

The structure of Mangagamer is different from G-Collections / CD-Bros. Mangagamer is more a “joint project” than a corporate entity–it’s basically just a front to sell their games in English. From what I understand, most of the staff works for one of the companies involved, while working “part-time” for Mangagamer. While CD-Bros was a group of labels under the same umbrella company, Mangagamer is composed of several distinct companies that are financially independent.