Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

I wonder if it’s any good…

It’s probably pretty bad - writer’s aren’t particularly good, the art’s rather odd in places and the average review for it on EGS and elsewhere is around 60% (really detailed review of it here). Since they’re only charging 28% or so of the original price though, that should balance things out, but it’s still probably only worth playing for the ero.

how are the battles in the 1st koihime muso

It was already discussed here before, if I’m not mistaken. They’re supposed to be quite easy.

mangagamer is releasing an all ages version of kirakira

It was already released on the ipod/iphone so it’s not surprising.

… Maybe they could even release Gift (if they re-translate it).

cosplay alien seems to have a descent amount of cg’s compared to other sex romps released in english recently

From the review I linked earlier, 80 base CGs (around 330 with increments) and 43 scenes, so probably averageish or so for a 2005 nukige.

I am looking forward to Edelweiss: Eiden Fantasia 8)

I’m looking forward Kirakira curtain call.

Sid → According to your sig, you like “lolicon”…
Am I wrong or the lolicon is the person who likes loli (or just the fact of liking loli) ?
As for me I prefer loli to lolicon, but if it’s your fetish… :smiley:

The only beef I have with the original Edelweiss (besides the horrible translation) is the vast difference in endings: from pretty much very happy to quite tragic. I’m all for good plot twists, but when one heroine dies, the other becomes paralyzed, and the third merely learns that money isn’t everything in life, that makes me a bit upset.

Haven’t played Kira Kira yet, so I can’t say, but I have heard good things about it.

A lolicon would be a person who is attracted to young girls, or someone with a lolita complex :twisted: I think loli is a more general and subjective term. So, I like those young girls .

Well, to each his own. I actually liked the fact. Besides, Mei is reincarnated, so we can say that the game always ends in a happy note. Maybe my beef would be the vast difference in Sex Scenes per girl.

I’m all for loli, but I don’t like loli drawn by Sendori-kun (or anything drawn by Sendori-kun) =P

I think he’s one of a handful of eroge artists whose skills have regressed over time. (and unlike say Chuuou Higashiguchi [one of Nitro+'s first artists, who later moved to propeller, and has worked on most of their eroges from Ayakashibito onwards], the quality of the eroges Sendori-kun’s been working on have also regressed from his time with ZyX… !!! ??? (is his latest work, released on January 29, 2010 - hopefully no-one forked out 9240 yen for this).

Loli is the character, but I consider lolicon to cover the genre name as well, in addition to its default meaning of “Lolita Complex”. In other words, lolicon (materials) would include anything a lolicon (person) would tend to collect. Loli could also be used as a genre label–in which case the meaning would be slightly different (materials containing loli), but equivalent in the end. In addition, I use it to refer to fictional materials (usually 2D) only; there’s a perfectly good English word for the real-world variant already–pedophile.

Defining loli itself can also be rather hairy. I’ve heard some anime fans use it to refer to any character that looks young and cute, regardless of the context–in other words, any character that would appeal to a lolicon, regardless of whether the show itself contains any fanservice or ero situations.

sound like koihime muso might be delayed

this is from the manga gamer boards
[spoiler]EvoSpace wrote:“Kohime Musou”
Possible delay due to quality assurance

That must be one Hell of a QA problem that you're predicting a potential delay 2 months ahead of time (current estimate being April). That is, unless you've decided to implement extra QA where none was planned before. That would be a good thing.

Basically, it’s the later. The script has been translated and edited already, but I’ll be giving it another pass to double check for errors, and make sure everything checks out. Everyone has been looking forward to this game, so we want to make sure a lot of people buy this game and enjoy it.

^_^;; That being said, the predicted delay is due to the fact that I need to finish my work on Kira Kira before I can get to it. Even if a different employee was doing the check, the same problem would come up: this extra pass is getting bottle-necked behind current, nearly complete projects.[/spoiler]

more new http://novelnews.net/2010/02/19/assorte … amer-news/

It would appear Mangagamer has accquired the license to the eroge Zaishuu The Sin from Tactics as they’ve put up two teaser pictures and two BGMs from some future licenses in a recent interview (it’s on page 3):

http://www.uk-anime.net/articles/MangaGamer_interview/

I can’t identify the eroge the second pic comes from and am just as clueless about the BGMs. If anyone recognizes any of them please say so.

Also here’s a review of Zaishuu from our good friend Narg:

http://www.erogereview.com/2007/12/25/zaishuu-the-sin/

1. remind’s me of that mini story for higurashi, Cat Killing Chapter or something? I don’t know if theirs a game for it though.
  2. Sounds like an RPG battle theme. http://novelnews.net/2010/04/21/kouryuu-hints-at-circus-game/
  3. Sounds darker but possibly futuristic too.

In my opinion we should be checking those RPG titles they hinted at the other day, along with Circus and Navel. i’ll go check ‘Shinkon-san Sweet Sweet Honeymoon’ that they hinted at back in feb.

Edit:
Supposedly picture 2 is from ‘D.C.II’, something called ‘the Minatsu cave’

Edit 2:
The website lists a few search options with no games currently, another possible hint?
Western Mansion
Family - ( Zaishuu The SiN )
Historical - ( Koihime Musou )
Bizarre Mystery
Action - ( Koihime Musou )

mangagamer just officially Announced da capo 2
http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/05 … -steadily/
now i hope they release da capo pc first