Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

Totally forgot about that!
But Mg seems to mainly do moege titles so…NOPE

That is, when they aren’t doing games like “Suck My Dick or Die!”. shudder
For the most part I agree with you though.

I don’t, and here’s why:

Kotori Love Ex P - Moege, probably
Guilty the SiN - Decidedly not a moege
Koihime Musou - This is close enough that I’m willing to let it slip as a moege
Da Capo 2 - Moege
Kira Kira Curtain Call - Not a moege
Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia - Haven’t played it, but I’ll say moege
Cosplay Alien - Probably moege
Sandwiched by my wife and her sister - Nukige
Soul Link - Not a moege
SHUFFLE! - Moege
Suck my dick or die! - Certainly not a moege
Kira Kira - Not a moege
Suika A.S+ - Not a moege
Da Capo - Moege
Shera, My Witch - Nukige
Tasty Shafts - Nukige
Edelweiss - Moege, I guess
My sex slave is a classmate - Nukige
Which girl should I choose? - Moege
Higurashi no naku koro ni - No, not a moege
9 titles, and considering most non-nukige eroge could be considered moege, this is hardly ‘mainly does moege’ and probably closer to a random cross-section of eroge in general.

Lets change that to highly regarded eroge.

I find it odd they never mention KeroQ since /jp/ talks about Subahibi all the time…?

Bestiality is apparently a no-no, though. Well, for JAST at least. MangaGamer might not be quite as prudish/worried about obeying the laws of countries that have a problem with visual depictions of such.

Well at least we might get Oretsuba…

What do you think of Nishimata art? A lot of the problems in her art (color department) aren’t her fault since she doesn’t color the pictures.(See girl holding drink bottle with no thumb)

I think they are her fault when the errors are in the lineart. There’s nothing wrong with the colouring, it’s the lineart that lacks proper proportioning nowadays. I think the problem is that she hasn’t really improved at all- look at 21, Sorechiru, Shuffle! and Soul Link; they’re basically her best work. If you look at later titles, she uses the exact same techniques and poses a lot of the times, with things like dutch angles looking more gimmicky nowadays etc. The proportioning and the like wasn’t fantastic back then, but artistic standards have changed over time and her work impresses less now. I also suspect she doesn’t spend as much time any more. At least her ability hasn’t worsened as much as one particular great artist’s has… drew this which is not perfect but still extremely nice, then went on to draw this and now this… it’s very sad.

She didn’t work on soul link :P.

The Oretsuba prelude has some really nice art too.

That’s interesting; I didn’t know that! See, Soul Link is a game I still really appreciate the art of. Sure, a couple of the poses look a little funny but the colouring is first-rate for 2004 and most of the lineart was very good.

Do you appreciate the story?
I thought it got pretty bad after Chapter1…

Now this is one thing I don’t understand

Mayumi’s sketch sprite somehow got turned into this… http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/671 … r_chart-fl >_>

I liked it more than Shuffle!'s story, but yeah, pretty much-- it was one of my first eroges though.

Suzuhira Hiro worked on Soul Link, but he worked together with Nishimata Aoi on Shuffle! and a few others as well.

Speaking of Navel and art… there’s a gorgeous illustration done by KEI in the Oretsuba LE artbook… I also prefer Nishimata’s original sketches over the final CGs. They feel softer and less “puffy”?

Cosplay Alien is a nukige that wishes it were a moege. It isn’t really a moege because the interactions falls squarely into “Did somebody order a pizza?” territory almost immediately, and more or less is content to stay there.

@I also prefer Nishimata’s original sketches over the final CGs. They feel softer and less “puffy”?

Yeah ;_;

One of my favorite Nishimata pics by nishimata…

Was anyone at the MangaGamer panel @ AX? Any new news come out of it?

I’m not there but it’s just about to start. You can follow it here http://inside.anime-expo.org/games/2011 … angagamer/

Edit: Here’s another feed if you want another view point http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=0&refresh=1

Ah, thanks. Didn’t realize AX still had panels going on. I guess it IS a national holiday tomorrow …

<3

any confirmation of of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
that is what i heard mangagamer will be releasing
i hope age doesn’t have the voices held hostage like they have been doing