Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

Why? I mean, I think that’s awesome, but what does she have to do with bamboo / OVERDRIVE / MangaGamer?

I think I might end up missing this sadly, since I’ll be driving home at that time, but pretty cool.

Well, I can’t say exactly, but according to wikipedia she did the voice acting in Deardrops as Yayoi Ooba. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoe_Tamiyasu
Quite honestly, I have no idea how she came to be a guest speaker unless someone with more knowledge can provide something.

No, that’s enough of a reason. The thing is, DEARDROPS is ??? (that is, the voice actor identities are not officially available) On the other hand, if you’ve played DEARDROPS (I haven’t) and you know her voice well, you’d probably know, so it’s not necessarily wrong. Her voice is certainly distinctive enough.

mangagamer just posted trhis on twitter Dont forget, our #animeexpo panel is Sunday night in LP3 from 11PM-12AM! We’ve got several new titles to announce as well!

This is exciting. MangaGamer releases violent sex eroge on a regular basis. My Dark Side is hoping for something truly sinister. :twisted:

Didn’t Banya Izumi of classic Black Cyc write a Liquid game? Anyone know if it was any good?

Yea.

[url=http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=675572]Kuroinu[/url] is probably the most popular one with Western erogers, given there’s an OVA for it now, and fairly over-the-top. Not much in story, but a truly outrageous sexfest. He also did [url=http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=718730]Mugen Renkan[/url], which is much more story driven, and one I rather liked. But my understanding is that MangaGamer has connections with CLOCKUP. That being the case, I want euphoria, which Izumi-sama also worked on. Violent sex, decent plot, but more importantly, an introspection into what drives evil in a human mind.

Don’t get me wrong, I like all Dark Side titles, but the ones that make you think about it… not just randomly having sex for the sake of having sex… that’s the good stuff. :twisted:

Well, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Mugen Renkan and euphoria then…and classic Black Cyc games, Atelier Kaguya games, elf games and Akatsuki Works games.

It be nice if someone would try to pick up Draculius. I think there’s a lot of good things in favor of it being worth a port:

#1: meromero cute (and it’s parent company XERO) is a small studio and might not ask for much money to license it. They really haven’t done anything lately.

#2: meromero cute is still active, as they recently released a renewal of Draculius for Vista and Win7. It also shows they have a programmer on hand or on call. Moreover they’re trying to cash cow it some more. See #1 above.

#3: Draculius has an outstanding plot and characters. It’s also vampire themed, which is still a hot medium in the West.

#4: Someone in J-List knows about it. They’ve been selling copies of the game: http://www.jlist.com/product/PCG5246

#5: The title isn’t all that well known, despite being so good. Would be a nice “left field” annoucenment.

Draculius would certainly be nice from what you’ve said about it. We need a really good vampire eroge to be officially available in english. Think anyone from MG or JAST would try to take on Sabae no Ou?

Speaking of which, anyone here played Bloody Rhondo and know if it’s any good?

I REALLY doubt anyone would tackle Sabae no Ou. There’s no voice acting for one thing. The other is that it would be a serious bitch to translate. I don’t know how big the script was - I don’t do the text dumping thing - but it was tedious… maybe because there was no VA’ing. The game itself was presented from a pen-and-paper RPG prospective (Japanese styled), and there was a lot of advanced kanji. I rarely use a kanji dictionary, but Sabae no Ou made me have it constantly onhand. It also has very few CG illustrations for so much text.

It also ends on a cliff hanger, but the sequel absolutely sucked. :expressionless:

EDIT
Oh yea… the game used trademarked words from World of Darkness and stole a few lines from Steven King novels… so there’s infringement issues to consider or would at least need to be censored/reworded.

i would like to see some 18+ otome game s

Evidently this is the new list from MangaGamer? Just saw it on 2chan…

From Softhouse-Seal

Oppai Sensou - Kyonyuu VS Hinnyuu -
??? -??VS??-

Kozukuri Youkai H Henka ~Otome o Okasu Hyoui Gattai~
???H???

Nakadashi Spy no Sounyuu Sousa -Shikyuu no Heiwa wa Ore ga Mamoru!-
??? -!!!-

From Portion (Liquid)

Orion Heart ~Injoku no Suku Mizu Sailor Senshi~
???

From Aconite

Reizoku no Majo April ~Injoku no Mahou Choukyou~
???

From Clock Up

Eroge! ~H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai~
???H???

None of those are really my fav Seal games, but I’m glad they’re going with Seal anyway. That said, I dunno really about the translated titles. ‘Oppai Sensou’ sounds awesome, but who is going to buy ‘Boob Wars’? Even though it’s a pretty literal translation =P

EDIT: Also, I think they announced Eroge! earlier, not during this AX.

lol… yea…

They got Clock Up and Liquid, which are two studio they carry that I like, but nothing from them I want. :expressionless:

I mean seriously… of all the titles in the Clock Up library, they start with Eroge!? Ugh…

Still… I’ll buy some stuff to support the brand and keep 'em in business, so they eventually get around to something I do want.

The best thing about these announcements is that I’ll have more money for other things.

That is something I’m unwilling to do out of principle. I will buy ef (even though I’ve read it already) and Otoboku (it looks half-decent), but I’ll be damned if I spend money on something I openly dislike.

double post :frowning:

I actually like NOTHING from MangaGamer. They’ve constantly disappointed me with their line up time and time again, despite the studio’s they work with. However if MangaGamer were to go out of business, then NOTHING I like will EVER have a chance of making it over. At least with them around, there’s hope they’ll get to a studio or title I want.

I’m willing to buy 12 shitty games, to get that 1 gem I want. MangaGamer is our best shot at getting, for example, euphoria or Mugen Renkan – which I DO want. At least there’s hope, so long as the company stands. If they go under, I’ve got no chance at all. Basically risk management as an eroge fan.

Yeah, I understand that argument (it’s nothing new), but still, I can’t agree with that. I happen to like some of the stuff MG released (and I probably wouldn’t be interested in the stuff you want, by the looks of it :stuck_out_tongue: ), but I’m not giving anyone any money for a product I don’t want. Buying Koihime Musou twice was as far as I could go.

I know. It’s not economically sound and requires having a large disposable income, which I totally understand not all people can do. Especially with an expensive hobby like eroge.

But things are getting better… I’d have never guessed MangaGamer would eventually make a deal with Clock Up. The primary reason why I decided to restart my eroge review site, was simply because I heard the rumor they got it. The odds of a Banya Izumi game in English has, though ever so small, gone up a bit. Need to spread the word so others know about it, and get MangaGamer’s attention.

Conquering the Queen?
Guilty TheSiN?
My sex slave is a classmate?
Suck my dick or die!?

Third rate dark side garbage. Come on… give us the good stuff. :twisted: