Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

I was not remotely surprised upon visiting MangaGamer this morning to find that Soul Link wasn’t up for sale. There must be a happy medium between Jast announcing games months or even years before release, and MG’s almost total lack of communication with, well, anyone. Although I’m sure this is a very, very dead horse I’m beating here.

(Not that it really matters to me in this case, though, since I wasn’t planning to buy the game just yet.)

Apparently about 5 hours, although two people on EGS listed it as taking 15.

it’s nice to see that they have Soul Link, it’s like Crtical Point

it would be nicer if manga gamer would releASE IT SOON

Quote for truth.

On a completely different note, Suck my dick or die! is now number one in Mangagamer’s weekly ranking according to sales.

I’m utterly ashamed of all of you.

To emphasize the depth of my ashamedness, let me reiterate the game’s synopsis on their page:

I’ll always believ their ranking is randomly made.

If their volume is low enough, it may as well be “randomly made”, since the results would be statistically insignificant. A bunch of people had joked in the past that the current number one game is where Haeleth has been spending all his time since it contained a character named “haresu” in the game. XD

Hey, I didn’t buy it… I steered clear of that, Shera, My sex slave and Tasty Shafts. Oh, and Which Girl Should I Choose, for that matter, which despite lacking the copious amounts of semen found on the other covers (except Shera) has an utterly uninteresting synopsis.

I’m looking forward to Soul Link though, if only because it’s like a newer version of Critical Point.

I never got that game. It’s synopsis is the reason why I never got that game in the first place.

New postby EvoSpace » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:59 am
Actually Soul Link seems to be getting pushed back to the end of December… due to issues more crucial than just translation. But at least it gives us more time to polish the translation.

Higurashi might come out first afterall~
from evospace of the mangagamer forums
http://mangagamer.site11.com/viewtopic. … 2&start=20

I dunno, that doesn’t sound too bad; as far as nukige go there have been worse stories.

I’m sure the game sounds better in Japanese. I’m sure the game IS better in Japanese.

I’m guessing the crucial issues mentioned by EvoSpace in his post may have something to do with the note that was added to the description for Soul Link on the website:

“Note:
Due to uncontrollable issues, a part of the CGs in the original work could not be included.”

Hopefully what is missing and why will be expanded upon at some point in the future.

Huh, how about that. A couple of days after I lament their lack of communication, I receive my first ever MangaGamer newsletter. I’m slightly concerned about the missing CG notice. A poster on the MG forum speculates that it might be related to a young looking character, but that seems unlikely considering some of the other titles in their catalogue (Which Girl Should I Choose, for example). Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I haven’t checked the recent posts here or in Mangagamer’s bbs, is Shin Koihime Musou still in the works?
It got lots of nominations, you know :smiley: :wink:

http://moe-gameaward.com/campaign/nomination2009.html

Last time I heard it was the original Koihime Musou that MangaGamer was going to release, but yes, they’re still working on it.

The “original” game? Oh well, at least we’ll get the real heroine of the story (Aisha - in the “Shin” version, she loses the limelight to the competition).

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: .

yeah that worries me to

i wonder what parts got cut