Let's try without the drama, Katawa Shoujo

Since the other one got infested with drama, let’s keep this thread clean.

Anyone else think that this one is shaping up to be one of the top english vn’s? The demo was really quite good.

Yeah, had a bit of trouble getting myself to actually post in the other one, didn’t quite seem like it was what that thread was about in the end… with that said lets talk about the game.

I must admit I was a bit surprised at first, as I aproched this game as I do with everything els… which is, I went directly to the screenshot section and instantly thought “Boy, this looks worth spending a few bucks on” then I began seeing missing arms/legs, scars and whatnot and sorta got turned down by it. I probably would go for the finished game though, when it actually hits the marked, and hope my first… uhmm, second impression will be shot to ground. As for the demo, well I will let others have that expirience since I would hate to ruin it for myself, and I’ll probably get a “feel” for it from you guys.

I do have to say they handle the handicaps pretty well. The only pair at first that seemed forced was combining the no leg and no arm girl together, but the explanation of the teachers putting them together to help each other cope actually made a lot of sense.

Hanako is too lovable, i really wish she wasn’t burned i bet she’d be hands down my favorite VN chick, i don’t know why she’s so adorable, she just is =(.

Misha is annoying, I hope theres a path where you choke her and shizune to death. Perhaps in Kenjis route? please? In all seriousness, I just dislike these 2 and their type.

Rin is surprisingly fresh, she has to be the most unique out of the entire bunch, i can’t really place her into any category of stereotypes. Bui i hope they explain why she wears a male uniform, since emi helps her get dressed, i don’t see why not wear a female one.

Lilly is pretty sweet, her archetype usually doesn’t appeal to me that much, but they really pulled it off with her.

Emi is too generic loli to even mention.

It’s a good cast, i was hoping the librarian would be a path since she seemed like a interesting character what with her line of “it’s not like i want to work here”(if i remember that correctly)

Yeah I know that after I went into the story a bit more,it was more of an initiate thought that crossed my mind, I apologize if I might have caused confusion for some. :oops:

Because she has to sit and contort herself a lot to get things done with her feet, if she were in a skirt she’d be constantly flashing her panties at everyone, or even more if they shifted position with the twisting.

Regarding the burn talk in the last thread, I woudn’t think there’d be any swelling per say, as in inflammation, once the burn has healed. It’d all be scar tissue, with no blood supply.

I thought of that when rereading my post. But come on it’s a hgame who doesn’t want some panty flashing?

Well, I assume in the later installments you’re going to see her at some point without the pants…

I just played through the ACT 1 yesterday and cleared the Eri(by mistake)/Hanako/Lilly routes. To be honest, I’d easily pay JList prices if not MG prices for this when it’s completed. I know I won’t have to since it’s going to be free when it releases, but it was a LOT better than I was expecting a free game to be. Pretty well written, Kenji is absolutely hilarious and manages to sneak in a Highlander reference at one point, Hanako may very well be the best shy girl ever, and Lilly has the whole elite girl thing down. Rin is pretty brilliantly done as well, her dialogue/attitude is great.

Even though I was kinda “meh” at the hospital setting and the various amputations/ disorders, they’re actually handled really well… although I’m not sure why Misha is there except to be Shizune’s interpreter. I guess she might have an internal condition, but there wasn’t anything wrong with her externally that I could see. I probably just missed something though.

This is something I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on release wise though, even if it takes another 3 years to come out.

True true… but that doesn’t really help us upskirt fans.

This… looks interesting. I’ll give it a shot.

I hope this will be released soon. :expressionless: Beautiful game.

Hanako is one of the greatest characters I’ve ever seen.

Why don’t we create our own game?

If you’re interested in creating a VN, it might be better to go to the Lemma Soft Forums, which is a forum dedicated to VN creation. That said, I know that at least a couple of people here are involved with projects at the moment, so there might possibly be some interest?

I think this game is going to be a masterpiece

This is a pretty high quality game for something that’s going to be free (it’s still going to be free, right?).

Noting that the latest thread on the subject linked to this topic, and there hardly seems to be any discussion about it around here, I felt like bumping it up.

I mean: it’s a step in the right direction. Heck, if PP ever releases an in-house ren’ai game, I’d definitely would buy it.

I don’t think I want to know what type of game Peter Payne would write <_<;

Actually, I think that could be interesting!

We should make a game where we reimagine the forum as a Japanese high school (erm, academy). Each poster would be a student. The moderators could be teachers. We could even have upper and underclassmen based on post count / join date. Although, female members like papillon might end up getting the round end of the stick…

duck