Libido to release Houkago Ren'ai Club in English

… And what’s this game about?

Sounds interesting :3. I really hope it’s not an april fools joke. Well, if they do release it, it adds yet another japanese comapny that tries their hand att he english market. Maybe, more companies will follow after that… ^___^.

I think it’s nice,too and it will be nicer
if they are serious in English market but I’m a bit pessimistic about it because the english bishoujo market is quite small which may cause trouble if there are too many companies(just like what happened to JAST USA)

Wow, that looks nice. Hmm, looks like they also have Animenation as a retailer link as well. Very interesting. (Though you’re right, the Anglo-Saxon names are already bugging me for some reason.)

I agree in both points.

This game looks pretty good and a release in late april out of the blue would be a terrific surprise.

… but the namechange is quite a turn-off. To add insult to injury, they even listed all character’s original names on the profiles page.

I just hope it doesn’t mean painfully accented dubbing to go along with the new names… (I had to turn the sound off to play Graduation. Gah.)

KID released this game on the Saturn back in 1998 but I passed on it cause it didn’t look that good to me, I guess I would try it in English though, I just pray to God that they didn’t dub it and the name changes are a BIG no no for me.

its due out in april?

ok now i hope that part is an april fools because the next g-collections game will(should) be due out then… and its taxes… and i owe the state… AHH!! NOO!!! AHHH!!!

I do hope that this is the real deal. Another deveoper/translator for the english market is just what we need.
The game concepts could be better defined, though. Is this a web based game, or what?
By the way, Kagami, it sounds like you have been burned by a similar joke before. Any stories to tell?

[This message has been edited by kmusky (edited 03-26-2003).]

After taking a much closer look this has to be some kinda joke, to much doesnt fall into place… like why they dont announce it anywhere(u need publicity when trying to sell something)
or why the page doesnt have to much into on the game in general on it… small crap like that makes this look like another april fools joke (remember blizzards last year?)
They announced starcraft 2… made some fake screen shots… and then later announced it was all a hoax… this sounds alot like that.

uCasual Romance Clubv
2003"N4ŒŽ25"úi‹àj"­"„-\'èI
EWindows 98/Me/2000/XPiDirectX5ˆÈãjDVD-ROM
LIBIDO 10¬é√º"N¬ãL"O¬ç√¨¬ïi ¬ë√¶2’e¬ÅI

That like makes it look somewhat real… but still dont sound right to me.

Wait this board dont support japanese text? thats a shame right there…
anyway found that looking under the labido homepage… at the VERY bottom, well ur call im just trying to say “dont get ur hopes to high”

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 03-26-2003).]

I would be very surprised if it was a April fools joke. Why would a Japanese company pretend to remake a game in English? Makes no sense unless the Japanese have a really odd sense of humor. I would think they would instead pretend to make a sequel or a new game that had a comic aspect to it as a april fools joke. I may be wrong but I would bet against a april fools joke and feel confident in doing so.

When I was in high school I played an earlier verion of Libido. God was that game bad. The graphic was horrible and there was no story whatsoever. I found the sexual acts in the game to be extremely unpalatable.

Why anyone would want to blow money on titles like that is beyond me. My word of advice - stay away from anything that is related to the original Libido series

Phi

quote:
Originally posted by Phibrizzo:
When I was in high school I played an earlier verion of Libido. [... snip ...] My word of advice - stay away from anything that is related to the original Libido series
Phi

Hmmmm. I dunno. Of cause, there are these series that never show any signs of improvements (VIPER, for example), but other companies develop their style and improve the qualities of their games quite a bit (CROWD as an example for this, comparing XC1 and XC2).
So, is it just your grudge against that old game, or are you sure they continue producing only crap? At least the product pages looked quite nice...

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
... but the namechange is quite a turn-off. To add insult to injury, they even listed all character's original names on the profiles page.

I agree. Really, I see no need to change the names like that.. *sigh*. But everything else about this game looks, good, exactly the kind of game the english market have been waiting for, or so it seems.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Makes no sense unless the Japanese have a really odd sense of humor.

Sometimes it seems that way though. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] But I tend to just say it's different at times...

*shrug* It may be a joke, it may not be. If it is a joke, someone put a lot of effort into it. (Not that someone who was really bored wouldn't.) And especially if it's off of Libido's offical and work company sites. But technically, I don't see it being an "April Fool's Joke" for the reason's Kagami-san pointed out. If it was closer to April 1st, I'd be a little more suspicious.

Guess we'll find out next month won't we? *Shrug* I won't be overly devestated if it is a joke, but I can still hope that it isn't and that another company's taking a chance at putting a game out that allows more exposure in the English-speaking community.

Boredom and knowledge of any web designing skills can be a TERRIBLE tool in the wrong hands, like mine for instance… the evil i could set upon the world… MUAHAHAHA

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I think the evil laugh is copywrite however.

Agreed. And I have plenty of attorneys.

quote:

1) It's kinda random and out of nowhere

I dunno about that, G-Collections releases are also kinda random.

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
I dunno about that, G-Collections releases are also kinda random.

Their time of month is random... however they said 6 titles... 1 every month... and they still have 2 to go.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
2) Very stereotypical text about "JAPANIMATION, OTAKU, HENTAI" which is typical of Japanese sites making fun of foreign otaku culture.

On the other hand, they couls also have added these words with another purpose: In order to direct the regukar search-engines to this webpage.
Just remember which keywords Bigdog-san usually puts into his ebay-offers. They are not that different from these words, after all...

EDT: At least, they haven't used the ultimative combination: "KAWAII HENTAI". That would have convinced me of an april fools joke as well as a direct pun.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-27-2003).]