Libido to release Houkago Ren'ai Club in English

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Good point there too. Unfortunatetly, as has been said before, most of the smaller b-game companies in Japan don't have the money to try and expand their market here, so modt of those who are like your #2 is "struck" so to say. and it'sd unlike that the big companies would have any interest inn the english market, since there's not much for them to gain by expanding their market here.

Yes, but that doesn't mean they don't keep tabs on the situation, and it doesn't mean they don't want their games to come over. Red Company (from what I've heard, this is hearsay) wants the Sakura Taisen series to come over. So far it hasn't, yet.

It'll just take time. We're where anime was like 15 years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Heh! That's true. I wonder what the b-game industry here in the west will look like after 15 years... And how many of us will still be here by then, I wonder?

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
There is only one version of Casual Romance Club. I imagine Himeya classified it as Windows JP because it is, like Gin'iro, only officially published locally in Japan.

However, Libido's CRC specification page says that it will run on English Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, but says the Japanese text option is only available in XP or Japanese 98/ME/2000.

(In actuality, the Japanese text option should work fine on non-Japanese Windows 2000 also. 2000 & XP don't have the language compatibility problems to begin with, only 95/98/ME do.)

um, in the system requirements page, it specifically gives TWO separate system requirements, and separates them into the English Edition and the Japanese Edition....i think this indicates two separate versions

ya know which brings up the next set of questions… do you really think they went through the testing that peachprincess does to make sure it will work on each platform? (properly anyway)

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
It's just that some people won't wait for these 15 years... Some people lived through these 15 years of anime evolution and know how much effort it needed and costed, and don't want to go through all this again...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
It's just that some people (Read: I) won't wait for these 15 years... Some people (Read: I) lived through these 15 years of anime evolution and know how much effort it needed and costed, and don't want to go through all this again...

Originally posted by olf_le_fol, interpreted with commentaries added in bold.

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
It means English and Japanese editions of Windows, not editions of the game.
My interpretation of the CRC system requirements page was the same as ladyphoenix's. There's an English version and a Japanese version listed. One requires English Windows and the other requires JP Windows, and if you order the wrong version for your platform you're out of luck.

However, when I emailed Himeya about this ambiguity, this was their reply

quote:
The game support both Japanese and English. So we put it in both category
Now does this mean the game supports both Japanese and English Windows or both Japanese and English language? Still not clear. Another puzzle: the domain of the email address used in their reply is csware.co.jp. Is Himeya based in Japan or was the inquiry redirected to the Japanese manufacturer by Himeya?

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-18-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Another puzzle: the domain of the email address used in their reply is csware.co.jp. Is Himeya based in Japan or was the inquiry redirected to the Japanese manufacturer by Himeya?

No, that's Himeya's Japan headquarters. (take a look at the 'about Himeya' page on their website.) It's sort of like how J-List and Jast USA are related.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol, interpreted with commentaries added in bold.
Well, your interpretations are wrong. When I'm part of these people, I wasn't talking about me in particular. I know a lot of such people, believe me...

quote:
[quote] Originally posted by bokmeow:
[b] Originally posted by olf_le_fol, interpreted with commentaries added in bold.

Well, your interpretations are wrong. When I'm part of these people, I wasn't talking about me in particular. I know a lot of such people, believe me...

[/b] [/quote]

My god, what's gotten into you, olf_le_fol? I thought you were the last person who gets so perturbed by little jokes like this, but you take all these things I'm throwing at you so seriously, it's just too easy to get you riled up now. You need to present me somewhat more of a challenge!

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-18-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
However, when I emailed Himeya about this ambiguity, this was their reply [quote] The game support both Japanese and English. So we put it in both category
Now does this mean the game supports both Japanese and English Windows or both Japanese and English language? Still not clear.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 04-18-2003).][/B] [/quote] [/b]

are you going to re-email Himeya and ask them specifically if they mean Windows or language?

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 04-18-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
are you going to re-email Himeya and ask them specifically if they mean Windows or language?

Nah, I think I'll just order it and take a chance. I just had a look at Kagami's Setting a Windows XP System to Run Japanese Software page, and it looks like there's at least a workaround. I've already set the system locale to Japanese, and if necessary I can create a user account with the user locale set to Japanese. If you're not running XP, you may want to pursue it further though.

quote:

My god, what's gotten into you, olf_le_fol? I thought you were the last person who gets so perturbed by little jokes like this, but you take all these things I'm throwing at you so seriously, it's just too easy to get you riled up now. You need to present me somewhat more of a challenge!

Sorry, lad, but I was deprived of Toraha for almost two weeks now, so I'm grumpy and jumpy... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
[quote] Originally posted by Nandemonai:
[b]It'll just take time. We're where anime was like 15 years ago.

It's just that some people won't wait for these 15 years... Some people lived through these 15 years of anime evolution and know how much effort it needed and costed, and don't want to go through all this again...[/b] [/quote]

Isn't that a reason of why some people here learn Japanese and such? They ( or rather, we [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]) have gotten tired of waiting for the big, yummy releases of the games they've been drooling for the last few years and have decided to try and do things the hard way, instead. The question is if it's really that hard? Which is hardest - to just sit and wait for years, or to learn a new language to gain access to a far more expanded market than the english market is now?

be sure to let me know exactly what you get when you receive your order, perigee…then i will know exactly what i’ll get if i order too

quote:
Sorry, lad, but I was deprived of Toraha for almost two weeks now, so I'm grumpy and jumpy... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

*blink* What's "Toraha"?

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
*blink* What's "Toraha"?

Ever watch Dragonball? There's that 'kamehameha' (Turtle wave motion punch). 'Tora' is tiger. so 'Toraha' is Tiger Punch, without the wave motion. When you get drunk, you have the sensation of someone punching you in the head, so Tiger Punch is alcohol laced fruit punch.

P.S. I'm making stuff up.

Heh, I never got into Dragonball myself. The few times I’d run across it on tv, it was almost always one of four episdoes and I quickly lost interest. I wouldn’t even really know about the ‘kamehameha’ thing except we got into a discussion about it at work. (Kamehameha was the king who united the Hawaiian Islands, our discussion was actually about him but it somehow found it’s way to anime because of that.)

quote:
Ever watch Dragonball? There's that 'kamehameha' (Turtle wave motion punch). 'Tora' is tiger. so 'Toraha' is Tiger Punch, without the wave motion. When you get drunk, you have the sensation of someone punching you in the head, so Tiger Punch is alcohol laced fruit punch.

P.S. I'm making stuff up.

*major bigsweats*
Aside the fact that "ha" = "wave" (in most attack names ending with a "ha") and not "punch", thus "Toraha" may be "Tiger wave" and not "Tiger Punch"...
...errrr, let's say me talking about Toraha would take whole pages of description and reviews (I once said I won't ever make in this BBS [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]), so here's the short version: "Toraha" is short for "Triangle Hearts", a game series made by JANIS/Ivory, whose female characters I love very much (so much I've been acquiring Toraha stuff regularly [bedsheets, CDs, DVD, plushies, phonecards, this kind of stuff] since the end of the year 2000... AND I suffer deprival syndrom if I don't!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img])
  • JANIS game pages: #1, #2, #2TB, #3, #3TB and #1-2-3.
  • JANIS dedicaced Toraha page: here.
  • Ivory dedicaced Toraha BBS: here.
  • Face dedicaced Toraha goodies: here.

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 04-23-2003).]

• Now that i pre-ordered this game did we ever get around to figuring out if this game was in english (as in if i cant read japanese) i could read the screen because it is in english?