Libido to release Houkago Ren'ai Club in English

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ekylo:
I still pull it out and play with it every so often.

Lalalala… resisting…

I’ll say something then. You’ll break it, if you keep playing with it like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I'll say something then. You'll break it, if you keep playing with it like that.

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img]
The CD isn't that weak...

blink I’ve definitely been working too much. Again, I didn’t catch the implications of my statement before I posted. I’m usually so good at that.

And Unicorn-san, they’re kidding me since I used the vague term “it” in my statement, which taken with the way I phrased it, could be interpreted in various ways, some involving kittens and lightning.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
And Unicorn-san, they're kidding me since I used the vague term "it" in my statement, which taken with the way I phrased it, could be interpreted in various ways, some involving kittens and lightning.

I knew that already, but since they made fun of your, errr, ambiguous statement, I had to remind them that their statements also left room for misinterpretations. (That's why I had to mention the CD in my statement: In order to break the vicious circle of ambiguity)

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
I knew that already, but since they made fun of your, errr, ambiguous statement, I had to remind them that their statements also left room for misinterpretations. (That's why I had to mention the CD in my statement: In order to break the vicious circle of ambiguity)

What are you trying to say? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry, couldn't resist. But remember, if I can't immediately identify a statement as being sarcastic or humerous, I'll take it seriously and treat it as such. And frankly, I have been putting a lot of long hours in at work and although I didn't think it was possible, my brain is even slower than normal so I'm getting really faulty in my identifications...

so i went to himeya soft to pre-order the casual romance club game (thanks Ksarchet!) and i ran into some confusion…hoping someone can enlighten me before i have to write the company

when i hit the pre-order button in the adult windows english section for this game, in the shopping cart the operating system came up as Windows JP…i want to make sure i purchase the ENGLISH version, not the japanese one…is there anywhere to clearly order the english version?

I wonder about the Himeya Soft listing, too. I also noticed that if you search for Libido products, they list the older Houkago Renai Club game which is a Japanese Windows version and retails for $80. I assume that CRC - which appears in the ‘Windows English’ category - is the new release and is misidentified. They don’t have a product description page up for CRC yet, so I’m following up on previous correspondence for clarification before I place an order.

Since $80 is a big investment you might wait till someone else buys it and tests it before you purchase the game. I know I will be buying it as soon as its available. I run Windows JP 98SE on my computer with Xp so if it doesn’t run on XP I will still be safe. But I can let you guys know if it works, also I am sure Kagami will post something.

Libido added a pointer to this PP thread on their links page. They may be following our discussion, but I guess a direct reply is too much to hope for.

They’re following our dicussion!? Now, that’d be a rare event, since the japanese companies normally doesn’t seem to care about our opinions, throughts and such, you know

Still, if they do it, this might be a good opportuny for us to prove a few things

I will wait till the end of the month to get my copy. I want to make sure I don’t have to have windows JP. Which all of you wonderful people should be able to tell me by then. yeah.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
They're following our dicussion!? Now, that'd be a rare event, since the japanese companies normally doesn't seem to care about our opinions, throughts and such, you know [img]http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/sweat2.gif[/img]

Still, if they do it, this might be a good opportuny for us to prove a few things [img]http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/sdsmiley.gif[/img]

No no no, Spectator Beholder, that's where you're wrong. The companies definitely listens and takes note of these things they hear from fans, otherwise why would they even send out surveys? Just to be hip and cool? Hell no. But they can't just release these games and lose money like money grows on tree, right? Little interesting point, which isn't exactly relevant to Bishoujo games but is relevant to the Japanese companies: On Neo-Geo.com, another BBS I frequent, there was a petition to put a thing called 'Meg Count' back on the games, I think the best way to put it in simple word is, they wanted the artwork on the games to look the way they used to, because they changed it recently after SNK went under and Playmore handled the new management. So everyone on our site filled out a petition, it got sent to SNK, the distributor for NeoGeo Products in the US also talked things over with the company, and they agreed to change the artwork to the way the fans preferred. How about that?

All I got to say is, throwing tantrums saying 'Companies don't care what fans think' is a wanky comment. All too often rom users and pirates that rip these Bishoujo games to play, sometimes even sell them use this kind of argument.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-17-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
No no no, Ekylo, that's where you're wrong.

Um, that wasn't me, that was Spec-san. Please don't get us confused. I'm the one with the demented look, he's the one with the lemons...

quote:
Um, that wasn't me, that was Spec-san. Please don't get us confused. I'm the one with the demented look, he's the one with the lemons...

My bad, the scriptwriters responsible for writing what I just said have been sacked, and the dialogue was hastily rewritten at great expense in time and money.

quote:
No no no, Spectator Beholder, that's where you're wrong. The companies definitely listens and takes note of these things they hear from fans, otherwise why would they even send out surveys? Just to be hip and cool? Hell no. But they can't just release these games and lose money like money grows on tree, right? Little interesting point, which isn't exactly relevant to Bishoujo games but is relevant to the Japanese companies: On Neo-Geo.com, another BBS I frequent, there was a petition to put a thing called 'Meg Count' back on the games, I think the best way to put it in simple word is, they wanted the artwork on the games to look the way they used to, because they changed it recently after SNK went under and Playmore handled the new management. So everyone on our site filled out a petition, it got sent to SNK, the distributor for NeoGeo Products in the US also talked things over with the company, and they agreed to change the artwork to the way the fans preferred. How about that?

All I got to say is, throwing tantrums saying 'Companies don't care what fans think' is a wanky comment. All too often rom users and pirates that rip these Bishoujo games to play, sometimes even sell them use this kind of argument.

Ok, I'll give you a point there [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. Still, I don't think I've felt that the companies are really "watching us" or so... Ah,w ait, no... Just once I feltt hat way, and that was when g-collections sent out their survey, But otherwise, I feel more like the conmpanies see the "bad" side of the bishoujo industry her ein the west (the pirating, stealing of CG's, etc, etc), rather than seeing the good side (which is us, if there is anything good about us, that's it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]).

And, it's indeed true that the pirates use that argument for their own selfish reasons. but still, sometimes I really wonder how right/wrong they are... Not that it justifies their pirating even if they're correct, but if they're rigght (even partly) then i feel a heavy stone in my chest right now [img]http://www.criticalanime.com/smilies/images/depressed.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 04-17-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I'll say something then. You'll break it, if you keep playing with it like that.

Keep the dirty thoughts to yourself. It's my job.

quote:
And Unicorn-san, they're kidding me since I used the vague term "it" in my statement, which taken with the way I phrased it, could be interpreted in various ways, some involving kittens and lightning.

*glares menacingly*
o_O O_o o_O O_o

quote:

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-17-2003).]

People create things for two general reasons. One, because they can make money doing it. These kinds tend not to be terribly great--you have to have some kind of emotional investment in what you're creating to create something with any kind of power.

Two, because their creative urges compel them to. These kinds of people tend to want people to experience their work, because they truly hope other people will enjoy it.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
People create things for two general reasons. One, because they can make money doing it. These kinds tend not to be terribly great--you have to have some kind of emotional investment in what you're creating to create something with any kind of power.

Two, because their creative urges compel them to. These kinds of people tend to want people to experience their work, because they truly hope other people will enjoy it.

Good point there too. Unfortunatetly, as has been said before, most of the smaller b-game companies in Japan don't have the money to try and expand their market here, so modt of those who are like your #2 is "struck" so to say. and it'sd unlike that the big companies would have any interest inn the english market, since there's not much for them to gain by expanding their market here.