Libido to release Houkago Ren'ai Club in English

go to http://shop.himeya.com

[This message has been edited by light (edited 04-09-2003).]

$82.00 is that right? wow thats more that i expected…
starts saving

That seems to be the going rate for Japanese CD games, but I have noticed DVD games are sometimes cheaper. Since himeya has no product information up that might just be a standard cost they put up for now until they recieve more info…

Could be. Although, I do hope that Himeya did contact Libido as well and didn’t just put up the game.

I checked Himeya before I posted can’t seem to find Gin’iro listed. So any other place?

They update web page.
Now, we can hear voices.
It’s …

Try!
http://www.qt-resource.co.jp/ldhp0008.htm

Back when we thought it might be an April Fools joke, I emailed Libido and asked about the game. I just received this reply

quote:
Hi!
The “Casual Romance Club” is not a joke. (^_^);
It’s a bishoujo game for English-speaking fans [ in Japan ].
We have no market in a North America area.
But there is also a method of buying products from an import trader.
For details, see the following.
http://www.libido.ne.jp/crc/link.html

We expect that the bishoujo fan in the world get to know this product.
Please tell me your opinion.

DOMO ARIGATO.

Best Regards,

Yoshiaki Otomo [ producer of the LIBIDO ]

eek, so does this mean you need japanese windows to play it???

Ugh, probably. Hmm interesting. For their English-speaking fans in Japan? Maybe if it does well in Japan, they might consider trying the North America market at a later time.

Interesting, I’ll probably get this game with my next order. Of course I have to figure out which MJ game to get first. Hopefully the translation will be halfway decent.

it’s an issue for me…i still have Windows ME…but good, it will run on that

I don’t get it. If this release is not meant for the North American market, then why give the characters ango-saxon names?

[This message has been edited by kmusky (edited 04-12-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by kmusky:
I don't get it. If this release is not meant for the North American market, then why give the characters ango-saxon names?

[This message has been edited by kmusky (edited 04-12-2003).]

Why, they do that just to be cool of course.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Why, they do that just to be cool of course.

Oh is that it?
I thought this whole thing was just a test to see how a dual release of an english and re-release of a japanese game would work... with out admitting that they actually wanna see what the current market is like with out having an official press release to say it.

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Oh is that it?
I thought this whole thing was just a test to see how a dual release of an english and re-release of a japanese game would work... with out admitting that they actually wanna see what the current market is like with out having an official press release to say it.

If they WERE going to do such a thing, they wouldn't be admitting it now, would they? So we still don't know that they aren't simply being veeeery devious. But probably you're right, and it's just a gag kind of thing.

It might not be if they see tons of English-speaking people importing the games left and right...

I doubt there will be throngs of us Westerners getting it. I think the members of this forum might be the only people that even know of the english option.

Well the reason i said what i did is, they are making SOME attempt to send to to the western market… other wise they wouldnt bother with sending it to, two companies in the western world… (unless its still true that animenation has no clue about it)

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I doubt there will be throngs of us Westerners getting it. I think the members of this forum might be the only people that even know of the english option.

And the people I tell about it. Granted they might not be able to afford to pick it up, especially since Acen's around the corner. But hey...

I know it isn’t an H-game, but I recently picked up a copy of Graduation II and had a question. I’ve looked around, but can’t find anything in the way of a strategy guide. I’m having a hard time determining the cause and effect relationship between actions and stats.

This is a pretty good bishoujo life sim - apart from an irritating voice dub. It seems to have more going for it than The Maid’s Story, for example. It’s also available at a bargain price. Perhaps this is a title to try while you’re waiting to see whether Casual Romance Club actually materializes. Despite warnings that it’s strictly for the Windows 95 platform, it seems to run fine on XP.

Heh, several off us are familiar with the game. It’s pretty much all we have to work with to show that not all bishoujo games are adult games. (And yes, we usually play with the voices off! ) I still pull it out and play with it every so often.

Hmm, don’t know about a strategy guide per se. I remember finding a site long ago that had some pretty good information on the cause and effect between everything. But that ended up taking a lot of the fun out of the game for me. I’ll see if I can find it again though.