LMM

sorry, no updates on little my maid at this point (HA! MADE YOU LOOK :P), but just something that came across my head while reading the vmate thread.

most of us here have been referring to little my maid as lmm for abbreviation. now comes gc’s lets meow meow which i see people referring to lmm for abbreviation also.

how are we going to distinguish the 2 then? :stuck_out_tongue:

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 10-17-2004).]

You bas…

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think I’ll differentiate based on context. When I see people bitching and whining about V-mate…it must be Let’s Meow Meow. When I see people bitching and whining about a release date…it must be Little My Maid.

Maybe that’s why G-Collections renamed it that. To subliminally let the people think they’re talking about Let’s Meow Meow, since they know they’ll shorten it to LMM because we’re lazy, and since there are spies here, as we’ve discovered, they know that we abbreviate Little My Maid as LMM, as well. Subliminal advertising… It’s a conspiracy, I tell you! A conspiracy!

:clears throat: Sorry… Maybe we can call Let’s Meow Meow, as GC’s LMM, just a suggestion.

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
:clears throat: Sorry... Maybe we can call Let's Meow Meow, as GC's LMM, just a suggestion.

Or just call it what I've been calling it at work, and go by the Japanese name, "Mina de Nyan Nyan" And shorten that to MDNN, or MdNN, or MNN.

Huh, is that the title? Why did I think it was Nyan Nyan Suru?

Nevermind. Damn perigee, and his topic about “Is kawaii out?” I think I had sex on the brain.

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 10-17-2004).]

@Vaga42Bond: I just had a creepy premonition…please tell me I’m wrong.

Does each “girl” in MNN end every sentence in “nya”?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-17-2004).]

quote:
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! A conspiracy!

ya....and if i see the characters in lets meow meow to have exactly the same names as little my maid (mari, hina, mayu, etc) i think we can see a lawsuit coming :P

calling it by the japanese name will not help because people prolly go by the name written on the game package.

how about we just call it vmate#1 (and #2 #3 etc for future vmate games) :P

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
ya....and if i see the characters in lets meow meow to have exactly the same names as little my maid (mari, hina, mayu, etc) i think we can see a lawsuit coming :P

What...are you going to sue the Japanese developer? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

How about LMaid/lmaid for Little My Maid and LMeow/lmeow for Let’s Meow-Meow?

@OleGoatweed: You registered with the forum just to post in this inane topic? I like your style. Welcome to the forum.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-17-2004).]

based on logic, if i were to really file a lawsuit i will go after gc not the game developer because they are the ones who name it “lets meow meow” in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:

but since i have better things to do in life (such as sleeping) i wont sue them…but think about it for a minute, it will be really funny if both games indeed have the same character names, even if it’s just one character

i can see this coming on the help bbs:

a: i need help, i cant get mari’s ending
b: which game are you talking about
a: lmm
b: duh! i know that, u nitwit

ADD:
but in all seriousness, we need to distinguish the 2 somehow because i dont want to see people posting on the wrong threads just because they see “lmm” on the topic and it will be very annoying if you are talking about little my maid and then someone pops in and make a post about catgirls in the middle of that thread (and vice versa)

quote:
You registered with the forum just to post in this inane topic? I like your style. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks- much obliged. Erm, as for posting just for this topic... Well, technically, I'm more of a lurker, but I figured I'd pipe in on a few things- and what better way to test out a post than to find an out-of-the-way topic to reply? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by OleGoatweed (edited 10-17-2004).]

Maybe I’m mistaken, but aren’t the names kind of…pre-set? I mean, the games have voice. I don’t generally LOOK for it in a game, but don’t the characters’ names pop up in the voiced dialogue occasionally?

yes, and that’s why i will put the fault not on the original japanese game developers but gc because, again, they are the ones who made the english title lets meow meow, the title “little my maid” itself is pretty much rock solid from the beginning when the japanese version first came out years ago. “let’s meow meow” isn’t, although i must say that this is probably the most appropriate translation for the title, unlike some of those dvd-pg games coughteasocietyofawitchcough

again, this is just a what-if situation, if not simply a joke to chuckle on, so to the gc spies who are reading this: don’t get offended :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm…you’re either overthinking or underthinking this. I’m not sure which. Anyway, I don’t think this issue is important enough that it requires its own topic. I think the regulars here are smart enough to distinguish the titles when necessary, and newcomers will simply follow their lead, I’m sure.

quote:
I think I had sex on the brain. :p

Far be it from me to disagree...

Oh, and one other thing - WE'RE ALL LAME.

;)

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 10-17-2004).]

LMMD. Just my two eurocents.

How about LMMaid, and LMMeow?

…i still like vmate#1 :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
So where does Little Meow Maid fit in. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

crap, there goes my next year's april fool prank.... :P