Lots of English dating sims coming

Just posted by Chrono Luminaire in the dating-sims ML:

quote:
Hey all. Big news.
This page on insertcredit.com reports that a company called Hirameki International are translating about 15 dating games to English, and releasing them on DVD - to be playable by PC, Xbox, Playstation 2, or any old DVD player.

Click on the two images by the side to see details and the box cover for each game.
Note that they’re non-adult versions - the age range for all of them is either 13+ or 15+.

Exciting?

Chrono Luminaire

…reactions?

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 05-16-2003).]

DVD-player games, huh?

I am not too keen of that…
But at least the DVD-player-Software of my DVD-ROM-Drive should make them more playable.

All I know is Hooligan is hot. Was Phantom of Inferno bad? I thought I heard a lot of people said it was good. I find it difficult to move these other games if they couldn’t even move Phantom of Inferno.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
All I know is Hooligan is hot. Was Phantom of Inferno bad? I thought I heard a lot of people said it was good. I find it difficult to move these other games if they couldn't even move Phantom of Inferno.
Yeah, but you're forgetting how the average american player is: if it doesn't move everywhere with the player click-click-click-click everywhere, it's bad. One reason DVD-PGs wouldn't have much success, I think...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
[quote] Originally posted by bokmeow:
[b]All I know is Hooligan is hot. Was Phantom of Inferno bad? I thought I heard a lot of people said it was good. I find it difficult to move these other games if they couldn't even move Phantom of Inferno.

Yeah, but you're forgetting how the average american player is: if it doesn't move everywhere with the player click-click-click-click everywhere, it's bad. One reason DVD-PGs wouldn't have much success, I think...

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 05-16-2003).][/b] [/quote]

Elaborate. What's the 'if it doesn't move everywhere with the player click click click, it's bad' mean? You mean like complete interactivity similar to Adam the Double Factor? Like you can touch everything?

Personally I can't bear to play Hooligan without the H-animation or the H-graphics. I am not aware that Hooligan has any other animation in the game other than the H stuff. They really splurged on the frame rates for their H-animation as well, it has to be seen to believe, like Anime production quality high frame rates.

shrug I thought Phantom of okay. Not a spectacular game but not terrible either. Hmm, but it has been awhile since I played. I wonder if I still remember any of the passwords…

Don’t know enough about the titles listed to make comments on them myself. I’ll just have to wait and see.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
*shrug* I thought Phantom of okay. Not a spectacular game but not terrible either. Hmm, but it has been awhile since I played. I wonder if I still remember any of the passwords...

Don't know enough about the titles listed to make comments on them myself. I'll just have to wait and see.

Do you think it'd be possible for you to whip up a review for me? I've always wanted a review for this game, but I passed on the opportunity to find this game because I was away in Japan last summer, and now I can't get ahold of one... Even the stuff on eBay seemed to have dried up.

Update: I tried to find some more info on Hooligan. I have the mpeg on my hard drive but it's huge so hosting it on my measley school HD space will be impossible. Here's the game cover: [img]http://www.frontwing.jp/hooligan/sinki/top.jpg[/img]

It also has a very hot soundtrack, J-popish from King Records KICA-1255: [img]http://www.frontwing.jp/hooligan/sinki/sound_title.jpg[/img]

There's an OVA from Vanilla: OVA information

H-scenes from Hooligan: Do you like boobies?

and here's the Hooligan demo movie, it's a 10.5 MB download.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-16-2003).]

Interesting, though I’m not too keen on dvd player games. We’ll have to see when the first product comes out. I’ll probably get it just to support the genre though.

quote:
Do you think it'd be possible for you to whip up a review for me? I've always wanted a review for this game, but I passed on the opportunity to find this game because I was away in Japan last summer, and now I can't get ahold of one... Even the stuff on eBay seemed to have dried up.

http://shop.suncoast.com/site/catalog/catalog.jsp?prodid=002077875&catid=cat004498
24-48 hours should mean that it's in stock.

isp hantom of inferno a game or a movie? the listing on suncoast seems to indicate it’s a movie

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
isp hantom of inferno a game or a movie? the listing on suncoast seems to indicate it's a movie

It's a 'game that plays like a movie' or something like that. You know, like visual novel. I know for a fact it's one of them games we love so much like Tokimeki Check-In! or Snow Drop. ok, maybe we don't all love Snow Drop, but it's a multi-path adventure.

quote:

I could try, but not immediately. Like I said, it's been awhile since I played it. I'd need to do a go through to refresh my memory. Hmm, and I vaguely remember seeing it locally somewhere recently. Must have been either the local Suncoast or Sam Goody. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Hirameki seems to be putting some serious effort into this…I’ve just returned from AnimeCentral in Chicago, where they actually had a booth of their own! They had surveys for potential players to fill out (I didn’t do it myself, had too many places to go) and were handing out the brochure pictured on the link posted above. Note that it’s claiming a release date of 4Q 2003 for over a dozen titles! I just wish they’d had them for sale right there, instead of a tempting display of all the cases.

Incidentally, Sync-Point was also at the con to provide information on their anime DVD releases (including a couple of the DI GI CHARAT series) and trumpeting their close relationship with the Japanese game company Broccoli. For all that, however, they’ve got no plans to get into the gaming side of things at this time.

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Just posted by Chrono Luminaire in the dating-sims ML:

...reactions?

I wonder if this confirms my speculation? (That the title was very hard to get for awhile, but then was everywhere, because the property changed hands, I mean?)

And does it say anywhere if the titles are going to be censored in any way? I haven't played Phantom yet but I understand the scenes were (messily) removed.

quote:
Originally posted by Mozart:
Hirameki seems to be putting some serious effort into this...I've just returned from AnimeCentral in Chicago, where they actually had a booth of their own! They had surveys for potential players to fill out (I didn't do it myself, had too many places to go) and were handing out the brochure pictured on the link posted above. Note that it's claiming a release date of 4Q 2003 for over a dozen titles! I just wish they'd had them for sale right there, instead of a tempting display of all the cases.

What? I just saw their site, apparently they WERE there and I just missed them. I was staffing the con and everything so I didn't get to hang out in the dealer room as much as I would've liked. I'll have to contact them directly...

Their website has no email address! How can they have a website and have no email address?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I wonder if this confirms my speculation? (That the title was very hard to get for awhile, but then was everywhere, because the property changed hands, I mean?)

And does it say anywhere if the titles are going to be censored in any way? I haven't played Phantom yet but I understand the scenes were (messily) removed.

*rereads original press release*

Damn. Oh, well...hopefully they won't be as badly censored as Phantom of Inferno was supposed to be...

quote:
*rereads original press release*

Damn. Oh, well...hopefully they won't be as badly censored as Phantom of Inferno was supposed to be...

Nandemonai, do you have a comparison review between the two versions of Phantom of Inferno?

I'm assuming there were plans already for all ages version for the Japanese version of Hooligan and the other Front Wing titles, otherwise there wouldn't be the localization effort now. Especially since the little witch's tea party feature really young looking, Digi-Charat like characters that would just be DOA without taking a serious surgical knife to it. Hooligan only has animation for the H stuff (if I recall correctly_, so it will be kind of a shame that the H stuff will have to be cleaned up for Hirameki's release.

quote:

Badly censored? I've played the game and while there were times in which you would think "oh something is supposed to happen here" nothing was "badly" done. The story flowed well throughout. But then I've never played the uncensored version so maybe I'm missing something that I don't know about. Of course if your talking about them removing every bit of T&A then yes it's all gone.

I agree with Hiro-san, I didn’t think it was badly “censored”. For the most part, you just knew where they removed something and it became sort of a Star Trek “boot scene” to me. (Please tell me I’m not the only one who understands that reference…)

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that, ekylo. Care to elaborate?