Most pathetic protagonist in an H-Game

Ito Makoto is the most obvious choice, really. Otherwise, protagonist’s generally don’t end up infuriating me practically all the time.

Hmmm, you pose an interesting question. Out of my collection of games so far, I can’t really think of any that I’d really call pathetic. However, if you were to extend this thread to cover protagonists that annoy/irritate/piss you off, then I would have to say Maejima Takahiro from Hitomi. Playing the “canon” route (Hitomi’s route) was an exercise in frustration, as I really wanted to choke and beat the crap out of the protagonist.

Raidy’s resolve! :lol: all I need to say about that is: “No! This is wrong!’ -20 seconds later- 'Mmmm, this isn’t so bad” -Raidy cracks a smile- :? 8) :lol: :twisted:

i couldn’t even make it through the first part of the game that guy was so bad

Most hated protagonist in an erogame, probably, indeed.

I dunno about ‘hated’, I was mostly going for ‘pathetic’. I mostly hate the horrible protagonists, like KimiNozo’s.

IMO if you end up hating/despising the lead guy, then he isn’t a protagonist , rather an anti-hero kind of thing.
I have heard pretty “nice” :wink: things about Kengo Inui (Virgin Roster).

Heh. Mayhap we should go for “most hetare” instead of “pathetic”? :wink:

Feminist instinct makes me glare at you for that. :slight_smile: I haven’t played Discipline, having NO INTEREST in that sort of thing - degrading is degrading no matter who it’s happening to!

lol am I the only one who finds Raidy’s resolve in the face of defeat somewhat pathetic? :? (Don’t get me wrong I love Raidy :smiley: )

I, as always, agree with Kimuzukashii MEIJI.

Makoto is a good choice too. He is more pathetic than Takahiro who is just piss me of so much I’d want to make him suffer before killing him.

Yeah playing Hitomi is the best way to be sure you’re a lightsider. :lol:

Yeah I think I prolly misjudged what you wanted to ask. I really don’t think anyone irritates me that much, and I haven’t really played that much too :slight_smile:

Don’t be too sure about that:

I played Hitomi a long time ago and found in theer some things that I really liked (the two-girl-ending), others that I didn’t like (the stepmother-ending) and I definitely wasn’t as repelled as others were from the Hitomi main route.

Despite all that, I still consider myself as neither darksider nor lightsider but actually a no-sider (which actually should suit a no-where-man pretty well), because by choosing a side I would deny myself access to the good aspects of the other side.

So while I still refuse to list my entire collection (while I know there are others whose collection is easily ten times bigger than mine, it still would look like boasting), a few more well-known and particulary cherished pieces of my collection should give you an idea what I am talking about:

• AIR
  • Eiyuu x Maou
  • Triangle Heart Series
  • Dokusen
  • MinDead Blood (main game plus extension)
  • SNOW
  • Gore Screaming Show
  • Sudzukuri Dragon
  • Galaxy Angel Series
  • Dai Akuji
  • Sakura Taisen 1-4
  • Yami no Koe Series
  • Saigo ni Kanaderu Rhapsody

Pathetic protagonists, huh? Well, let’s see:

As a light-sider, to me protagonists are hateful when they act as evil dark-sider rapists. Pathetic protagonists are those who are not particularly evil or bad, but are unable to help someone because it lacks the strength to do something or just don’t want to. Useless wimps, in other words. Even worse are those cases where the stupid jerk could do something to help someone but chose not to do anything.

Some pathetics or hateful protagonists i remember:

*Makoto Ito (School Days) - I never played the eroge or watched the anime show, but in every place i go there’s many people who hate him. Surely a 5th-dan blackbelt master-dickass.
*Takayuki (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) - In the eroge he was not very stupid, but in the anime show… God, i wanted to kill him myself!
*Emiya Shirou (Fate/Stay Night) - Still need to play the eroge, but in the anime show he was a master in not doing anything and not let Saber do anything! I wanted to see him dead, so she would be free from that pathetic master of her! Saber was 10 times more ‘man’ than him!! :x It was funny he would turn into a true man just after dead :lol: .
*Protagonist in Kawaharazakike no Ichizoku 2 (Elf) - God, the protagonist changed from useful to useless to jerk to rapist so many times i got headaches. I never knew what to expect from him. :roll:
*Protagonist in Aishimai (Silky) - The protagonist was a young jerk, son of a big jerk. Probably even his mother was a jerk.
*Ernesto (Himeshiki Angelica - Silky) - Ernesto was a jerk with a reveange. But instead going after that king who turned his life in a living hell, he went after the king’s family. Very stupid.
*Protagonist in Hitomi my Stepsister - He changed from light-side to dark-side too much, too.
*Protagonist in Virgin Roster - This animal deserves to die! Enough said.
*Protagonist in Tsuki - It’s the ghost/devil/hormonal disfunction/bad coffee/whatever who possessed him who deserves to be throw in the trash. The protagonist just needs a hobby.
*Protagonist in Gibo - Another who needs a new hobby.
*Alberto/Makoto in Desire - The most stupid pair of protagonists i ever saw.
*Protagonist in Shintaisou - Old lolikon jerk.
*The teacher in Immoral Study - big jerk.

So far, that’s what i remember about bad protagonists. Probably there’s more, specially in eroges about rape and Sex-training SLGs.

Of course, not allways a pathetic protagonist is a bad thing. In many eroges the main plot is the protagonist is a useless, weak wimp (a shouta, most of the time) so the girls around him decide to teach him how to become a true, fine man.

In the same way, some dark-sider protagonists have a good reason to act the way they act. Generally because of revenge for something they suffered. That’s almost understandable…

Admit it, you have NOT finished the game yet, apparently Yuuma is more Resolute Good Guy than you :stuck_out_tongue: .

In my case, the male protagonist that I HATE :evil: most is Subaru from Yandere, insensitively idiotic guys like him deserve homicidal girlfriends :twisted: .

tsk tsk tsk

With a yandere, it doesn’t matter if you’re an insensitive jerk or suave fix-it-all… you’re going to be the center of death and destruction.

No matter the scenario… you’re going to lose when she wins. Don’t think for an instant that something like incest, childhood promises, or legal laws will save you. :twisted:

That’s why they’re sooooo adorable. :o

But i finished the game… well, most of it. :lol:

You can bet i was happy when Yuuma helped everyone to pass the gates of the mansion broken by the car crash and thrust that knife he stole from the gay buttler in that old zombie geezer. I just wanted to know w.t.f. was happening! It was a dream, an allucination, another life or what?! :shock: Because at the ending Yuuma met Anna again with a different hairstyle and went with her to that mansion, apparently abandoned for many years, with the bodies of everybody buried at the back of the mansion… including Anna herself!

I just thought Yuuma could do better than that. Oh well, he was just a normal student, not a soldier, a cop or a Nitro+ character. :lol:

That’s so true…
Still, i think a super-nice-guy would live a little more than a jerk… It’s just a matter about how to keep the yandere happy all the time… every day of his life. :wink:

Does this mean that my “big spoiler” is still unread :wink: ?

As I’ve said in that thread, all the characters are dead (even if Yuuma and Mika successfully fled from the mansion before their eventual demise) AND their cursed spirits are imprisoned inside a sort of time loop.
At the end, Yuuma gains salvation for his companions but he also remains the only good guy still “imprisoned” by the “Kawarazaki Curse”(?), at least until Anna helps him to freedom (but it isn’t 100% clear if they’re going to Heaven or to a second life, pick your favored destination).

There is more, but I think this is enough for now. Satisfied?

The most pathetic for me is Kojiro from Adam the double factor, he was cool in Eve Burst Error but then the developer made him into a idiot who can’t keep his pants on for more than 5 minute. Of course they corrected that in Eve the Fatal attraction and the new Eve game (Generations?) but in Adam he was horrendous character.

Takayuki in the anime was pretty bad but in the game he (depends on your choice) is passiable

Makoto in the Anime is bad but again in the game you have some choices to make him at least semi-decent

Play the game, endure the Fate route since Shirou’s about the same as in the anime in that one, but once you reach Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven’s Feel :smiley: …well, I won’t spoil things but those routes more than make up for having to deal with Fate Shirou It’s kind of ironic that Shirou’s relationship with Saber is actually better in the routes where she isn’t the main heroine