My Girlfriend is the President Official English Version

jast’s big announcement was quite big indeed it was thas game and since the patch is more or less done they can put the game out as fast the it takes them to edit and quality check http://www.jastusa.com/in-2011-your-gir … -president
i played the patch through most of the yuki route
i finished the el route(mostly) and completed the putin route
pre-order is up and i will at least pre-order it and pay in a few weeks
http://www.jastusa.com/shop/my-girlfrie … ident.html

Dear MangaGamer: You’ve just been served. :stuck_out_tongue:

YES! JAST! CAN!

Puchin wins. That is all.

Really?

Well, it depends on what you’re looking for, I guess. To me, in the last two years, MG constantly and convincingly beats JAST when the titles they pick up are concerned.

Well, the concept doesn’t sound all too interesting. I will probably buy this though, since the fact that there was a fan translation project for it would mean it probably was worth their effort. I’m guessing/hoping it has some nice comedy and production values. I’m just not too excited about it. Anyone who played this want to share their experience?

I’m really looking forward to this! When it first came out, I said to myself “I would so buy this if it was licensed,” but I never actually expected it to be.

To me, the JAST vs MangaGamer question really hinges on one thing:

• I don’t buy or play games with DRM
  • MangaGamer only releases games with DRM (limited installs)
  • Therefore, I don’t buy or play games from MangaGamer

So I’m kind of forced to prefer JAST.

it does have some good comedy and parodies several more modern anime and eroge ideas and lines

Even though I haven’t played a MangaGamer game besides the iOS releases, I would have to agree. I just prefer the more serious games. It seems good as Peter mentions it a lot on Twitter. I do like the character designs for all characters shown except for the silver haired girl. I’m sure Yukino would be my favorite if I played it.

Well this isn’t what I was expecting Jast’s big announcement to be. But I’m happy. The game seems funny and it opens up the possibility for more games from Alcot. (Triptych, Fair Child, Vestige, etc)

Cool!!! I will get it later.

Well, there goes my hopes of a patch being released within the next couple weeks… It also would have been nice to have some hints that this game might be licensed, for the people who went and bought Japanese copies from J-List in anticipation of the patch.

Anyway, I’m very happy to see an Alcot game licensed and will definitely be buying it. Real Imouto next, okay? :wink:

the full translation patch was completely done just there are some errors with the ran route
you just have to do some digging

With this JAST has officially restored my confidence in it, and I see that Alcot has some interesting looking games in its lineup, take a look:

http://vndb.org/p129

If Osadai proves successful enough that Alcot is willing to license more of their stuff in English, I’m hoping for Vestige, Kurenai no Tsuki, and Engage Links since those look and sound good.

I also hope that this means we see some competition between JAST and MG, as someone who buys from both I do have to admit MG has a more impressive lineup, however JAST has the potential to compete with that if they can get more games from Pulltop, Nitro+, and now Alcot (and of course I wouldn’t mind if they counter any further Liquid games with some games from Guilty :twisted: ).

Not really. More like, “Oh, well isn’t that nice.” Checks watch “Wait until it’s our turn.” =3

Umm, you do realize our hard-copy releases of Kira Kira and Higurashi don’t, right? So at least with those two…

And you do realize it’s not really “limited installs” so much as “just e-mail us when you run out and we’ll send you a new code”?

But just limiting to those two really restricts us in trying to get ahold of your games in actual copies. The customer already doesn’t buy / play with DRM. This sentence alone is already hurt enough of losing 1 customer. :frowning:

I too want to see MangaGamer release hard copies of their games, but i know it would not be happening anytime soon.

To stay on topic, I think I might pick this game up. I know someone out there made a patch, but seeing i like to collect eroge on the shelves, might add this one up on the list as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s been a while since they licensed a game that hasn’t already been released in Japan for more than 3~4 years. I hope this means they’ll be able to license more recently released titles in the future. I just hope the release isn’t delayed here.

I look forward to the censored version. And the ad campaign clamming its the best eroge ever made.

Seriously don’t you guys pity the guys who bought a hard copy from Jlist after being told “A FREE PATCH IS IN COMPLETION GET A COPY NOW!!!”

They deserve a damn refund.

Higurashi is actually the MangaGamer title I most want to play, so I’m very glad to hear this. I was completely unaware of this…Thank you! Is it something like the licensors demand the DRM for download versions, but not for the hard-copy versions?

It says on the Hendane website that Higurashi is out of stock now. Do you know if it will be back in stock, or if there’s anywhere else to buy it?

Also, will the Answer arcs also be released in the same fashion?

My criteria for whether a game is excessively DRMed is “whether I could hypothetically play it eternally in a sealed room (without any data flow in or out of the room),” so that’s still basically the same thing to me.

I don’t have any ill-will towards companies that release games breaking that standard. I just can’t enjoy such games. If all the computer games in the world started coming with DRM, I’d just play tabletop games more.

While this isn’t really my kind of game… I haven’t played it yet, so I can’t say for sure xD
Guess I will get it… more big titles like this is always a great thing to officially bring over! It means more good stuff in the future~
[strike]EROGGE WORLD DOMINATION PLAN IN PROGRESS! …[/strike] (although I was hoping for 3 methods to conquer the world…)

As for MG vs Jast…
Looks like the matching title is :
Koihime Musou vs My Girlfriend is President
I get the same vibe from both of those games… [although Koihime has gameplay battles/is longer etc?]

I was hoping for Pulltop’s Christmas eroge, myself. But this is pretty cool anyway. It’ll be alright. Because I’m the President of the United States of America

I guess this explains why Jast had the patch + Japanese version up for sale on J-List …

Waitaminute, doesn’t “???” mean “childhood friend”? Or can it also mean girlfriend?