My Girlfriend is the President Official English Version

Whay are all the jack-asses pissed at JAST. You beloved translation team did not HAVE to sell their work. If you feel miffed, it’s them that sold you out. Personally, I’m grateful they did. Since I don;t steal games by torrenting them, then apply fanmade patches so I can read the script. At least with JAST localization, money can get back into the industry that creates our hobby, instead of the dead end of leeches and thieves. Because I know damn well that anyone bitching about this aquisition can’t prefer importing the game and applying the patch, to paying ~$50 and USPS shipping for the product JAST will offer.

After all, if you expect the industry to stay alfoat, you had better invest in it and not suck the blood out of it. If you are not willing to do that, then I truly hope you are suffering due to aquisition. But don’t be too upset, I’m sure one of your charished torrents of the english version will eventually find it’s way onto your computer.

and if you preorder you don’t even have to do the shipping

Hey all, going to step in and get this back on track. We welcome a variety of opinions on President and how it’s being handled by us, but I’d like to keep that as the topic of this thread and not stray into a flamefest.

I’d like to remind everyone that condoning piracy is strictly against the rules of the forum and we have a zero tolerance policy toward it. We can’t keep it from happening entirely, but we can keep it off these boards. Those who’ve advocated it in this thread have been dealt with according to forum rules.

Thanks!

Yup. I just PM’ed my reply to him. There’s no reason to derail the thread.

i was about to say something as well

If there were any twins in this game, now would be a good time for Narg to post pics :slight_smile:

el the living spaceship has a order sister and in the fandisk they get a 3-some with the protagonist

I wonder if I’ll like my girlfriend after she becomes president…

Pics or it didn’t happen? :wink:

can’t show you pics with out showing a cg set

We may get more Alcot games, but we’re never getting Clover Hearts. The heroines are just too loli for JAST. I suppose Alcot could go to MangaGamer for that one and fairchild, but I doubt it. It’s such a shame that art style prevents us from getting great games. :frowning:

:cry:

yes it is

My thoughts on the matter are as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnlS5boazPM

Less loli than Al Azif, though!

Al Azif has the “actually hundreds of years old” card up her sleeve.

no thousands

all i want to say is thanks for bringing this over i had a huge interest in playing this game in english and uncensored and i thought this game didn’t even stand a chance at coming over. so all i want to say is great job or even if its luck good going.

there are a lot of jack asses out there in the world but don’t worry about them. good job keep it going. i was really excited to see this so thanks you guys are awesome.

on a side note will you guys have later deallings with the company for more of there titles?

Shingo said games, plural – not just My Girlfriend is the President. For now, it seems like it is at least ALcot’s intention to release more than just this game in English. However, if this game bombs, I would expect ALcot to not be interested in continuing the relationship.

Hopefully, it doesn’t bomb, and we get a lot more good games in English as a result of this game, and Yumina, and Demonbane all selling gangbusters. (And whatever the next two mystery announcements are.) And KoiHime and ef as well - Mangagamer’s really made huge improvements since the early days. I hope they buck the historical trend and keep it up.

If JAST are really as anti-loli as Ojamajo implies, I don’t think there’s a great deal for JAST to license in terms of ALcot’s range. If you look at the EGS pages for every game out of ALcot’s (and ALcot’s sub-companies’) collection, you’ll see that there’s exactly two without the ‘loli’ tag (Vestige and Kicking Horse Rhapsody). Every main ALcot title, including Osananajimi wa Daitouryou, has it in spades, as does Shinigami no Seppun (which is probably ALcot’s best game, although I’ve yet to play Kicking Horse, which has the highest EGS score). On the other hand, given that they’ve licensed Osananajimi wa Daitouryou, I suspect most of ALcot’s titles would be fine.