My progress in MinDead Blood - report for Narg

Well it is rather neat, because while I’m certain that if there’s ever a MinDeaD BlooD 2, the title would use a whole new protagonist and winnable girls - the pair would make a great carryover villain, with sensei seeking more power and loyal Hitomi just supporting him all the way, and not cheapen the cool factor of the originals. In fact it would technically allow for the Vampire Hunter ending to be possible, given that Shizuru wasn’t at fault for that whole mess.

Although due to events in Gore Screaming Show we know at least one person from the cast is wandering about. :o

Well of course I’d claim Hitori de Futatsu no Koigokoro should be next, but if you’re still in the mood for dark themes, Kansen is really good. It has that “survivor horror” thing going for it ¬ñ and is pretty bad ass in its own right. 8)

Nukenin has great graphics, but slows down a bit during the “interrogation” mode. But I like interrogating sexy ninja sisters. :mrgreen:

@Unicorn: Yuketsubako went by really fast for me, ~1-2 days, that is regular days and not powergaming :P. It was all really straightforward, so game game game!

Ooh kinda makes me want to play Gore Screaming Show(GSS). I read ayyo’s spoilerish review on it a long time ago so I’m not sure how much of GSS I ruined for myself haha. I hear it’s darker than Mindead though? I hope they don’t mean darker by more electricity/tubes/knives.

However while I’m in the mentality of vampires (Mindead still lingers on my mind like a good book does) I was thinking of Sabae no Ou. I believe you, Narg, gave it words of praise on your old site, would you say it’s up there with Mindead/GSS?

GSS or Sabae… or maybe I should just saunter off to fairies and rainbows ie Pure Love games.

Darker theme and presentation. The real reason why everything is so morbid, is because the cast isn’t like the one from MinDeaD BlooD. They are WAAAAAY over their league and stand no chance against the threats they face if they challenge it one on one. Thus so far, Gore is the most powerful being in the MinDeaD/Gore setting… yes… even greater than a fully powered Shizuru. :shock:

Yea… ayyo tended to make spoilerific reviews. Not sure if he’s still gonna carry that tradition… I avoid giving away major plot elements, because I think it defeats the purpose of experiencing the game itself. Imagine if I went and told everyone and showed everyone, the canon ending to the MinDeaD expansion… that would major suckage. :cry:

But hey! He has his style and it works. So I’m not saying it’s wrong… just that I’d don’t see eye to eye… but we do have crazy difference, right ayyo? :wink:

If you’re still looking for QUALITY dark vampire eroge, then Draculius, Izayoi no Hanayome, and Sabae no Ou are the next best choices IMHO.

I LOVE the story and setting of Sabae no Ou. It has massive background fluff… more than MinDeaD… much more. Plus the plot twists are awesome. The secrets each character has are mind blowing. And the music is DIVINE. Latin choir for one of them. Downside? No voice acting. None whatsoever. There’s also the matter that it has a lot of reading. Tons and tons. I loved it… but some people get bored. Not too many event illustrations as well.

Draculius is less story intensive than Sabae no Ou, but it’s closer in spirit to MinDeaD. Lots of badass action and fighting. These guys can really fight. Sex is kinda on the short side though. Characters are quite cool, and like MinDeaD, kill more things for breakfast than a battalion of Marines do all day. I have to admit though… the hero isn’t quite as badass as the ones in MinDeaD and Sabae… too emo sometimes. When Shizuru or Es see something they don’t like, they kill it. In Draculius? He wants to talk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Izayoi no Hanayome is more of a gentleman’s game… although still dark mood. Not an action game, and more of a psychological thriller. Its all about knowing how far you can push the girl before she falls into the abyss. More character development though. Artwork is quite beautiful too.

Fine - how about I start in 10 hours?
I am now on withdrawal from online-mahjong, so I am looking forward to my reunion with Mayu and Mana! :wink:

Nah, don’t worry! GORE doesn’t use high-tech - much.
However, GORE doesn’t carry his name for no reason… :twisted:
But on the upside: I originally was scared off by the name of the game, because I usually dislike guro - which I equated with gore - and ignored the different writing of GORE. If Spec wouldn’t have insisted on me at least playing the demo, I probably never wold have bought/played the game.
But the demo (even though it was the version without voices!!) was convincing enough - I immediately fell in love with Yuka(ri)!

And when I reached the final end of the game, I started to wonder whether that was really a kichiku (=brutish) or more a ren’ai (=romantical) game… :shock:

snort
Fully powered Shizuru? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shizuru doesn’t even qualify for the contest if I had to pick the “most powerful being in MinDead Blood”.

My candidates are with ascending strength:
[list]
[] DUST in his final form - maybe, even though I detest him.[/]
[] Mayu - her cuteness can kill![/]
[] Mana being mad - definitely![/]
[] Yuka - shoot me with your pile bunker ??? ![/]
[] Anima - not a bad choice either![/]
[] Daigo - sure![/]
[] GHOST - :shock: ![/]
[] That mysterious guy who in the end vanished to be never seen again - he takes the cake.[/][/list]

While I have to admit that I am still missing the contents of the Yuketsubako, I don’t think - or don’t want to imagine - that they changed him enough for ever entering that league!

Spoken EXACTLY like someone who hasn’t completed the expansion. :lol:

You need to stop messing around, and finish it. Your training is incomplete young apprentice. Finish the journey on your path, and then take your rightful place at our sides!

Now on a full powered basis? Your list is totally off. It leaves off quite a few major players (and DUST should be higher). :stuck_out_tongue:

Shizuru is not a pureblood. That has a big factor in everything, when elements from the expansion are not used. Purebloods like Daigo are on a WHOLE new level of power, however “mutants” like DUST are wildcards, and humans have tremendous untapped potential - as the vampire hunters can prove (GHOST being top of that list). “Turned” vampires are typically above humans, but less than purebloods… but there are exceptions to that rule, as Shizuru shows - although he’s special for a lot of things… The “Tree of Blood” changes things though… as you are aware.

I’m not going any further with deeper explanation, to avoid spoilers, but trust me: a full powered Shizuru has the might, and merely lacks the years of experience… he has his own ways to compensates for it though. Also “normal” Shizuru typically tries to fight honorably to some extent (although he has no issue with fighting things who stand no chance against him), which is a major crutch against opponents who do not.

Finish the expansion, and then we can PM each other on a REAL list.

***EDIT
Nevermind… starting a real list via PM’ing with the others. Hurry up and get in on the fun! :wink:

Ah, ha, ha, ha!

Just got finished with a looooong chat with a Japanese friend, who is a bigger Black Cyc nut than I am (he even likes Mugen Kairou, which I think is pure shit). Anyways, he pointed out something so obvious, I feel stupid for overlooking it. :lol:

MinDeaD BlooD + Gore Screaming Show + Yami no Koe = first Black Cyc universe

The proof? They all have New Wave of Death Neko Metal products in them.

Yami no Koe 3

Gore Screaming Show

MinDeaD expansion

So of course the first objection is, that’s just Black Cyc plugging themselves into their own universe. True… but other settings do not use the “Neko” logo… they use the old “System NNN” logo… as Gun-Katana shows:

Gun-Katana

Musashi + EXTRAVAGANZA + Gun-Katana = second Black Cyc universe

He can’t tell where Mugen Kairou fits in the mix…

In any case, that makes everything REALLY interesting… the Yami-Gore crossover didn’t happen of course, but it always could happen. :wink:

Now I’m gonna have play all the Yami no Koe titles, simply because I need them to better understand the entire setting. :twisted:

However he also pointed this out - in that same Gun-Katana pic above, is that a “Neko” logo on the yellow T-shirt? Too small to tell… but if it is, then Gun-Katana is the “missing link” that would mean all Black Cyc titles take place in the same setting.

I seem to remember Yumemi from Extravanganza talking to that guy she went on a date with about what kind of music she liked. I’m pretty sure she mentioned Eri and 69.

Just thought I’d throw that out.

Too bad - I just started messing around on friday - and have yet to finish my first playthrough. So far, I am headed for Arisa…

I am supposed to be your apprentice? :shock:

??? :cry:

One more proof:
I am a fervent fan of one - and can’t stand the other! :wink:

So, WHO is the apprentice NOW ??? :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue:

===================================
EDT: Got Arisa’s ending!

Thanks! I must have seriously missed that. I’ll have to replay the game and pay closer attention for it… that or I might have not even gotten it, but still somehow unlocked the CG’s in an alternate route… EXTRAVAGANAZA is all about alternate routes. :o

However that would be the direct connection then… meaning all Black Cyc titles take place in the same universe. Heavy. It really is a dark world of evil. :twisted:

Neat how they’re using Eri as a lynch pin. Not only is it realistic in the sense that she’s an up and coming mega star (she should get her own game :stuck_out_tongue: ), but helps make her a rival to the Neko band… and makes it impossible to tell which canon ending happened in MinDeaD, given that she would have survived all four.

I should stop talking in a public place before I unintentionally spoil something. :expressionless:

If anyone has completed Gun-Katana and Gore Screaming Show, let me know. I wanna trade thoughts about something. As DarkFusion pointed out in another thread (technically not a spoiler, since the images are on each game’s respective Getchu page).

Okay… I admit that I haven’t unlocked all the secret teachings of the Darkside. :wink:

Maid for the win! After the twincest, she was always my favorite, and she deserves being happy. :smiley:

Am now apparently headed for Mayu’s ending - with a short detour towards Natsumi’s.

Or rather - the opportunity for going for Mayu only came up after that. :slight_smile:
Poor Mana, but she really ruined her image when…
… see later in this post! :expressionless:

It’s not only that!

First and foremost, I really really REALLY like maids!
Thus, I also know from my gaming experience in other maid-focussed games, that there are rules to that rolegame “Maid and Master”. One of them is: if a maid is disobedient, the master doesn’t just have the right, but even the obligation to punish her. Thus, disobedience of a maid can be even regarded as a formal request for a punishment! :wink:

So far, Mana complied with this rule in the original game, but she ignored that there are also limits to the degree of punishment that should be applied. After all, the punishment is supposed to assure that the maid will serve from then on in a more pleasing manner…

I have to give Mana credit that she apparently was too immature to understand that, or even which game she was playing, but even then she went way overboard! And imagining what happened produced some … ??funny?? … images in my mind, that rivaled the more GOREy ones of GSS! :shock:

=====================

EDT: I got Mayu’s ending now.
Even though I now have quite a couple of savegames that should open me other directions (for example I could go back to Natsumi’s path right now) I think that should do for now. Those loose ends can be taken care of in the evenings of the upcoming workdays.
Thus, maybe I will have opened the path to the vampire route next weekend - without having used a kouryaku!
So far, I think that the expansion is at a quite more easy level - perhaps even easier than GSS was!

=====================

EDT2: I witnessed Mayu’s “Dead End”, and am now headed for Natsumi’s path…

Maids are win! Arisa is love! :smiley:

I especially liked the Mayu&Mana path in the original game, where it focused on Arisa much more. I was like, awwww. Well at the beginning at least.

Random thoughts about expansion:
I don’t know why but I really like Kyoko, I was estatic for her route, am I alone? :frowning:

The twins should let their hair down more often. :shock: And braids are just drool, I think I have a braid fetish. :?

Marika’s voice is as annoying as ever.

And I’m not too fond of purple lipstick.

As for GSS, a dark ren’ai-ish game… I might have to start it very soon!

Errrmmm… I have no clue what problems other people have with Kyoko. Maybe because I haven’t yet found her route in the expansion? :?

There’s a light at the end of the tunnel - but the tunnel is loooong! :twisted:

In the Gun Katana demo, I saw this picture (cropped version)…

Heh… wait till you see her relative in Gore Screaming Show. Seems the annoying trait is genetics. :lol:

Watch out! I think Anima heard that. :wink:

Well I wouldn’t call it a ren’ai myself… but that’s just my opinion. Either way… it’s a VERY good game. Honestly I think MinDeaD is a better “concept” in terms of setting and background, but Gore is the superior in story presentation and character development. Also Gore makes a MUCH more cooler and threatening villain than Daigo ever could.

Personally I’m not a Kyoko fan, but I don’t hate her or anything. It’s just that I feel Hitomi was the real cuttie of the girl’s academy.

Well its not totally light. Even with the GSS canon ending, the events that happened in the story could happen again with another person somewhere else. After all, Gun-Katana has now established that Gore isn’t unique, and there are others of his kind wandering about, seeking “happiness” for their “owners.” In fact, I kinda like the idea that there could be another “Screaming Show” one day.

Sharp eyes! My friend nor I ever caught that… and its so obviously shown there. Here we were looking at tiny details on other pictures. :oops:

Myu? :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean - that color wasn’t natural? :shock:
(Yes, I know, I am a flatterer. But if there is any rival for Mayu in MinDead Blood, it has to be Anima! I still pray for an ending with her in the expansion… :wink: )

Indeed, because you know what is going to happen if you face Daigo withhis sword drawn, but nothing is predictable if you face GORE! He might even let you go untouched! :o

I mind either of them as long as they don’t “myu” me! :wink:
But on the other hand, Hitomi really prove a BAD taste when she chose the target of her affection!

You didn’t need Gun Katana for realizing that possibility. There already was Masshiro before Yuka(ri), so why shouldn’t that ever happen again - when the next time someone is trapped down there “just for fun”?

BACK! Back foul beast!

True. But she was utterly loyal to the bitter end, which earns my sympathy. If she and Koji weren’t turned to vampires, I think they could have found happiness with each other.

Oh… hold on… Bob wants to tell me something. You found that toy where? Wait… where again!? No stop! Don’t give it to Hitomi! STOP! Don’t let her… oh shit… :wink:

Mindead Blood + Mayu to Mana no Yuketso Hako done with a crap translator, but still…
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

So GORE is not unique and theres more of his kind? (shiver)
Still are they as near as strong as GORE?

Back on topic:

I got Natsumi’s ending - and don’t know where I am now headed. :oops:
I restarted the game from a saved position - and Iknow I didn’t open the Mayu-path back then when I saved that position. Further, I avoided going into the Arisa-route and now, the second map-section is going on - just like it did in the Mayu-path. However, because I changed the seqience of the visited locations, I now get other events… 8)

While the characters in Gun-Katana are on par with those from from MinDeaD (in terms of combat strength), considering what we’ve seen Gore is capable of - and that’s him being incredibly playful - Bloodeleven never demonstrates the level of power that Gore does. It could be that Bloodeleven is not on the same level Gore (which seems to be the case), or he just never felt the need to go full strength.

Yeah… the order of where you go on the initial map, influences what options are made available. Eri’s ending is insightful… but I’m still waiting for your progress on the Vampire Road route. :mrgreen:

As soon as I have finished my current path (I gather from your post that I am now headed for Eri - even though her location on the map currently carries that neat glowing cross after Yuka stroke… :? ), I think I first will have to open the Mana-path - that is if Mana works in this regard like her sister.

Though I have to admit that Mana starts to creep me out more and more, so I actually doubt that I want to have an ending with her alone… :shock:

Anyway, I won’t dare to make a prediction ow long I will need for really open the vampire-road.

I just wonder how Rooked managed to play through all of the “Another Side” in just 1-2 days - and that even without power-gaming. Either, he is more proficient in Japanese than I am - or he just skipped the text… :stuck_out_tongue: