My thoughts and opinions of the bishoujo game industry (

I’m gamer so I’ll throw my nickle into this disscussion too. I’ve played games with ESRB rating from E to A. The E and T rated games are becoming popluar to the U.S. market. Look at that PcGamer magazine and tell me, how many M-rated games are released each year? Maybe a half dozen out of hundreds. The release of A-rated games to the U.S. is doing just as well as the M-rated games. Since the U.S. gaming market is degrading to E and T-rated games, I had to play bishoujo games to fill the void between M-rated games like Deus Ex.

The stories in the games like Deus Ex and Diablo II could be compared to the amount of sex found in Bishoujo games. Diablo II has plenty of action just like bishoujo games with alot of sex. When comparing the Deus Ex story to TCI or any multi-ending game, the stories are balanced with gameplay. The U.S. hasn’t released any game with a story that can reach the heights of Snow Drop and Kana-little sister.

The whole point of this reply was to express that the developers in their country are developing their games for the people in their country. If we want more Bishoujo games then we need to learn Japanese. Its that simple. I’m not saying PP,Jast, or G-collections aren’t needed, but they can only release so many games a year.

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
The whole point of this reply was to express that the developers in their country are developing their games for the people in their country. If we want more Bishoujo games then we need to learn Japanese. Its that simple. I'm not saying PP,Jast, or G-collections aren't needed, but they can only release so many games a year.

*sigh* I fear that you are right there. No matter how successful PP and the other companies is, there will still be a limit on the amount of games they can release...

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
That's not always a bad thing [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Yeah, I guess so. Perhaps. If we had access to every game on the Japanese Market, I _know_ that I'd be broke before you could say "bishoujo", and have to live on bread and water for some months [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. *sigh* Talk about Heaven-Hell.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Umm who would have time to eat?

Hmm, good point [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

Besides, Absurdist, you might be interested in reading this if you’re interested in how the adult bishoujo game industry works here: http://www.gamerspress.com/article.php?sid=659

quote:
Originally posted by tabris17:
A game I liked, X-Change *ducks as various things are thrown at him*

Careful. I have a piano and I know how to use it. Badly, but I do technically have training.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Careful. I have a piano and I know how to use it. Badly, but I do technically have training.

"A fine shoot!"

"Of course."

"But it won't hit."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because of the piano."

"Piano...?"

Seriously, through, X-change was good enough.

Well Nandemonai-san has made his feelings towards X-Change more than very clear. Personally, since I’ve been tinkering with a detailed guide for it (I know everyone says it’s not needed but I still have run into people asking how to get all the images…), I’ve changed my own opinion of it. I’m more disappointed in it than anything else. There are a couple of things I thought could have been worked better to make it more enjoyable to myself. I’ll just have to see how XC2 strikes me…

Okay, I said how XC2 strikes me! Stop throwing things!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
I'll just have to see how XC2 strikes me...

*shrugs*

If you insist.

*takes aim*

quote:
** Don't you dare throw that copy of X/2!! **
I'll play it instead!

Subsitutes a AOL disk when nobody is looking.

No can do. He wanted to see how XChange 2 struck him, an AOL disc won't do.

*ducks*

Hey! It wasn't a bad pun--okay, so it wasn't THAT ba---aaaoaoaoow...

quote:
Subsitutes a AOL disk when nobody is looking.

I may be mistaken, but I think, Nobody isn't looking anymore...