New amaterasu poll up

The poll for Amaterasu Translation’s (Cross+Channel, Sekien no Iganock) next game will be open tomorrow.

Here are the nominations:

Everyone vote for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien! No matter how good some of the other games might be, KimiNozo deserves your (and everyone’s) vote!!

Muv Luv Alternative is a much better game, and to my understanding the translator actually is willing to translate the prequel as well if it wins, and is more deserving of votes.

Two of the games that have been getting attention lately are 11eyes and France Shoujo. Could anyone tell me about either of them as they look like they’re worth voting for? I basically want to know how good they are.

KimiNozo is more my type of game. I’m into drama and depressing stuff, not giant robots. (not that it’s all MuvLuv is about) MuvLuv is my fourth choice, but for now, pick the CORRECT choice. :wink:

France Shoujo, some people love, more people don’t. It is average or just above average at best

11eyes has a lot of attention from the anime, basically I have seen it described as feeling very shounenish.

But Muv Luv Alt is better, thus it is the correct choice :slight_smile:

Also, review of Alternative

http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=620

Meh, opinions. :stuck_out_tongue: May the best [Kimi ga] game [Nozomu] win [Eien]. :wink:
(DON’T LISTEN TO HIM PEOPLE!! KIMINOZO IS THE REAL WINNER!!!)

If you want more information on the games, check out this thread. Many people have posted information on the games. You can find my epic summary of KimiNozo there.

I’ve been curious as to what would happen if Muv-Luv Alternative or Baldr Sky would win.
With Demonbane coming, would more mech games affect sales positively? or negatively?
Wouldn’t affect them it all?

reminds me I need to pre-order :stuck_out_tongue:
…Always felt that fan-translations were in the grey area when it comes to affecting the official companies.
In my case, I can say that fan-translations are a big reason as to why I have come to be a regular customer with PP/Jast/G-Collections.
So I’ll say it’s a good thing as long as the two worlds don’t collide and instead orbit each other…

That said, lots of interesting games up there…
France no Shoujo definitely looks nice!!
Opening
That character looks familiar too… someone on this forum’s avatar…

lol @ CARNIVAL’s description…
“The touching tale of a young boy who goes insane and kills people…”
Opening

I/O … "Made by the same directors as Ever17 and Yume Miru Kusuri… "
Interesting…
Opening

KimiNozo… hmmm, will check that out too :wink:
This must be the opening?
Opening
Anyways, I’ll probably end up buying whatever gets chosen :open_mouth:

Kiminozo is a really good title, I will say that.

Muv Luv Alternative however is considered even better though, generally regarded as one of the greatest visual novels of all time (and is usually the highest ranked game over on EroGameScape). In addition it has 3 songs from JAM Project (one is the opening) and one of the greatest VN OSTs of all time, which is fully orchestrated to boot. The in game effects are the absolute best.

Some excerpts from the above review (which was written by the translator of Fate/Stay Night and Sengoku Rance)

Vote though for which ever you please though everyone.

Hmm, I wonder who that could be…

Correct, that’s the opening for Latest Edition. The original game’s opening (which is IMO the best one in both visual design and song) is ALSO there, at the same point it plays in the original game, and I was very happy they kept it.

Would you care to explain how it’s ‘average’? I’d claim it to be one of the least ‘average’ eroges ever made. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good, of course, but it’s nothing like ‘average’ =P You either love it or hate it (or probably both), there is no in between for France Shoujo. It is not average.

No, it’s not =P It’s a really good eroge, but it’s NOT good if you want romance. If you want romance just about anything on the list, including Muv-Luv Alternative and France Shoujo would be better =P

Good to see someone sees the truth!
It’s one of the Openings. That one is from the newest version. (hence, “LatestEdition”)

Original OP (my favorite Opening and song :wink:)
DVD Specification OP (instrumental ver.
~SpecialFandisk~ OP (also included in the ~LatestEdition~)
~LatestEdition~ OP
DC OP
PS2 “Rumbling Hearts” OP

(Mai collection :lol:)

Muv Luv does look really good, I would just prefer KimiNozo. I’ll be happy with almost everything on the list. I just wish someone would translate KimiNozo since it’s starting to get old…

Edit: I would say the first chapter of KimiNozo is fairly romantic. For the most part, the rest of the game isn’t, but the first chapter is really fluffy until the ending. I’m assuming the Fandisk is the same, but I haven’t played it yet.

Just curious, but since you seem familiar with the game, what about it makes it so “unaverage”. Also what’s in the game that would make someone love it and others hate it?

Ikusa Megami Zero is pure awesomeness. But since I’ve already played it, I’ll be voting for something else. I’m sure KGNE will win though. People have been dying to have that translated for AGEs. In terms of popularity, it’s hard to trump a game with a highly regarded anime adaptation. People will want it no matter how good or bad the game is, simply because the anime is awesome.

Just curious, but which version of KimiNozo is being proposed the original or the extended version (the one with the new route based on that Haruka OVA (which I haven’t seen yet)?

I know I’ve been waiting for Kiminozo, yet recently I have also read (in this very forum) about My Girlfriend Is a President which caught my attention. And there are H2O Footprints in the Sand and Gun Katana as well.
I have too many wishes, hope they don’t kill me.

I will vote for MGIaP for now. But I will still happy if Kiminozo wins.

There’s three main PC versions of KimiNozo, so you’re going to have to be more specific too =P

I’m assuming LE is the one proposed, as it would be silly to pick anything else as those are out of print.

If you want KimiNozo to be translated, vote for it. MGiaP already has a translation project. The common route has already been translated. (they are working at Amaterasu speeds :wink:) The same goes for a few of the other eroge as well.
To tell you the truth, KimiNozo does have a translation project - it just sucks and is basically dead. No one has updated it in months and it’s basically a ghost staff. What is translated is terrible and in need of major editing. A new project would make the most sense. The KgNE “project” has been going on for years, but a public patch for the first chapter still hasn’t been released.
Unfortunately, a lot of people are forgetting which game is the best, so they are saying they will vote for 11eyes or France Shoujo. But we hear at otakuism know what is right, so…
SUPPORT WHAT IS RIGHT!!! VOTE FOR KIMI GA NOZOMU EIEN!!! (do it for me! :cry:)

LancerX: Assuming you have played versions of KimiNozo other than the CD version, do you know if the original Manami ending is in the newer versions? I’ve always wondered this. (I only have the CD version)

It is, at the very least, still in Latest Edition. I can’t recall with DVD Specification.

Oh, and you can vote for both KimiNozo and France Shoujo in the first round of voting, so why not nominate both? You should allocate at least one of your votes to FS because it’s a bit of a niche title and can do with all the help it can get.

Ikusa Megami Zero looks like a good fantasy RPG. I think it will get my vote. http://vndb.org/v768
C’mon, people, KimiNozo game CAN’T be better than anime.

I plan to do so. France Shoujo is actually my second choice, with Narcissu and MuvLuv trailing behind. No matter which game wins this time, I just hope all four eventually get translated by them. Amaterasu did an astounding job on Cross+Channel. (not to mention that they are extremely fast)

Pirkaf: I’ve played some of the game, and it is. Not to mention that it’s the original source, you can choose to be with characters like Hamakawa and Ayu that didn’t really get fleshed out in the anime. Plus, there is the game-only yandere girl. :smiley:

[size=200]???[/size]