New amaterasu poll up

To quote Asceai from the Amaterasu forums:

Yes, I see you can write japanese but most people here probably don’t understand you. KiniNozo anime is very good, while the VN’s ratings are not that good, are they? But well, I take it back, since game is always better than anime… :slight_smile:

That’s why you should vote for KimiNozo so you can see how much better the game is. Tell your friends in other countries to do the same. :wink:

The VN’s ratings are not that good? What? With an EGS median of 90? It was certainly better received than the anime was.

Anyway, the quote wasn’t something I could really write in English, but it’s Daikuuji’s token phrase. Romanised roughly to “andesuto?!”

my current choices include:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Gun Katana
Extravaganza
Mugen Kairou

KGNE and MK being the main 2 of interest to me

While I have no interest in voting on a fan-translation (after all I need to start playing them in Japanese and improve my reading ability), I must say that this link LexarV gave to that opening movie certainly seems interesting. Anyone know much about it?

Actually, I’d say a fairly good percentage of the regulars here can understand. As for what he said, I think I heard something similar spoken in one of the games in my collection (perhaps in Snow Sakura by Saki), except that the plain form was used making it “???”.

To be honest, I wasn’t thrilled with I/O. I thought it was a bit disappointing from the kind of godly combination - Saihate no Ima is a lot closer to my vision of what I thought I/O would be.

In absolute terms though, it’s not too bad. About as good as Remember11 and 12RIVEN and the like.

Actually, this forum is the only place I have really seen KGNE stuff. Most other places seem to favor Swan Song, Muv Luv Alternative, or Baldr Sky.

There seems to be steady following for Comyu too, I imagine it will do about as well as RuiTomo did in the last poll. In other words, it will not win.

Personally I’m voting for Swan Song, with the translation of Force EXE it’s more likely that Sky will also get a project eventually, and… Well, Swan Song seems like more interesting of the two.

Since it hasn’t been posted yet, here is how the titles do on erogamescape

96 - MuvLuv Alternative
90 - Baldr Sky Dive1 “LostMemory”
90 - Parfait ~Second Brew~
90 - Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
87 - Ikusa Megami Zero
86 - FOREST
86 - Omega no Shikai -Shiki no Hajimari / Mikaifuu no Hakoniha-
86 - Ayakashibito
86 - Swan Song
85 - Tsuyokiss
85 - Katahane
85 - Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
85 - Extravaganza
85 - Mugen Kairou
85 - Shoujo Mahou Gaku Little Witch Romanesque
85 - Narcissu Side 2nd & Narcissu 3rd Die Dritte Welt (side 3 is 83)
85 - Saihate no Ima
84 - Gunjou no Sora wo Koete
83 - Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~
83 - Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba
82 - Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu
81 - Kizuato
81 - Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
80 - Atlach-Nacha
80 - Bullet Butlers
80 - Cannon Ball ~Neko Neko Machine Rage Race!~
80 - CARNIVAL
80 - 11eyes
80 - Fortune Arterial
80 - Mai-HiME: Unmei no Keitouju - Shura
80 - Shikkoku no Sharnoth ~what a beautiful tomorrow~
79 - ABYSS -Satsujin Club-
78 - Gun Katana
78 - Killer Queen
78 - Sayonara wo oshiete ~Comment te Dire Adieu~
76 - Coµ - Kuroi Ryuu To Yasashii Oukoku (comyu)
75 - Flyable Heart
75 - H2O: Footprints in the Sand
75 - I/O
75 - Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora ni
75 - Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
75 - 12Riven
75 - Reika Mesuinu Choukyou
75 - Sorairo
74 - Kara no Shoujo
72 - Blue Blaster
70 - Mushitsukai
70 - France Shoujo ~Une Fille Blanche~
68 - My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT
N/A - Not released yet - Hikari no Valcia ~What a beautiful hopes~

gtharby: Thanks!

It should be noted that the KimiNozo score is missing ten points for some reason. How odd.

Seriously though, I wouldn’t trust everything on erogamescape. They gave Kazoku Keikaku a REALLY high score and I’ve heard it isn’t that great.

A score of 96 is…insane, in lack of better terms. Now I just have to try it and find out what’s so great about this game :stuck_out_tongue:

That list doesn’t have the prerequisite -30 points for anything without twincest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t it basically just mean “What?!”

How many of those titles even do contain twincest?

Seriously though, I wouldn’t trust everything on VNDB. They gave Umineko a REALLY high score and I’ve heard it isn’t that great.

Seriously though, I wouldn’t trust everything on IMDB. They gave Ikiru a REALLY high score and I’ve heard it isn’t that great.

Would you listen to what you’re saying about an ONLINE RATINGS SITE? That’s all egs is - they collect data, and if you want, they can present you with various ways of summarising the data! Nobody’s ‘trusting’ it as much as providing an indication of the popularity of certain titles, which can be helpful.

(Oh, and I’ve played Kazoku Keikaku and it was actually quite good, so does this mean I shouldn’t trust anything you say?)

Baldr Sky contains clonecest. Kizuato contains twincest. Hoshizora no Memoria contains twins, but they have separate endings and don’t do more than kiss - so no ‘cest’ involved.

Geez, calm the fuck down. I was just commenting that erogamescape (like any rating site) shouldn’t be the main reason to decide what eroge to play. A lot of VNs I like get rated fairly low there. I’m not the only one that thinks that. I’ve seen comments similar to that regarding to erogamescape’s oftentimes random scores.

Kazoku Keikaku’s high score is perfectly understandable if you think why it got it. It’s old, and was one of the first visual novels to do the things it did. It was amazing for its time. There’s lots of other old titles in the top-list, some more justified than others.
Too bad time isn’t as kind on some titles as it’s on others. After KK’s release there’s been many visual novels that have done the same thing it did, but better. And those new games have to compete against other more modern games with their scores, which is why don’t rank past KK. There’s also the nostalgia for older titles.

We all do, okay. Look, I’m backing France Shoujo, the second-lowest ranked title on the list. I consider Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori Mo to be one of the best eroges this year and it has a pretty abysmal rating too. But the scores are not ‘random’ at all and they still provide a fairly useful indication because the scores are real - they are chosen by real people, which is both good and bad. The point is that you won’t get anything from arbitrarily raging at online rating sites - nobody is using EGS as the be-all-end-all here. It’s simply one source of information out of many that we can use to evaluate how much we feel we will like a certain title.

Can you recommend one? In all my life playing eroge I’ve never played anything remotely like Kazoku Keikaku other than Kazoku Keikaku itself. I’d love to play something else like it