New amaterasu poll up

I wasn’t “raging” about anything. I was just making a comment because a lot of people tend to take erogamescape too seriously. (example: NNL is refusing to translate anything for their next project that doesn’t have a high score on erogamescape)

I think you’ll find NNL isn’t saying that at all, because that’s now how they think. Two possibilities:

1. They’re trolling you, which is the most likely conclusion, given how NNL operate.
  2. They’re pointing out that just because titles rank well on EGS doesn’t mean they’re necessarily great, which is, um… what you were trying to say anyway?

I don’t think that’s the case since the amount of time they spent discussing whether to translate something based on EGS ratings was far longer than most people would spend making a stupid joke.

Either way, I don’t really care whether they are trolling or not. I was just using that as an example.

75(if that’s what they used) as the cut-off point for possible translation candidates is actually pretty reasonable. Good titles tend to rank well on EGS, and they need some kind of way to limit candidates. After all, they translate stuff that’s “pretty”. Should they play through all of the games that people recommend to them?
This way they can tell somewhat easily if the game is what they’re looking for just by seeing EGS score and looking at pretty pictures. There’s always possibility for their method to fail, but if something is pretty and well ranked, chances are they’ll hit right.

…But NNL is filled with trolls, so yeah!

…You’re all doing it wrong…
Vote for [size=200]SORAIRO[/size]
http://vndb.org/v1914

If only I could register on their forum… It doesn’t work with me (can’t get the validation mail).

I had the same problem. I never got the email, but I tried logging in and it worked. Try logging in again and see if that works.

We get 3 votes in the preliminary round, so it’s possible to vote for both KimiNozo and Sorairo. Which I’ll be doing, along with Hoshimemo. :smiley:

Just cast my vote. 11eyes, France Shoujo, and KimiNozo for the win!! (basically whichever wins, I’ll be happy)

I voted for KimiNozo and two other eroge that I won’t mention. (it would be better to keep the suspense for now. :wink:)

Just did a Google search on the following terms: amaterasu translations game poll
Link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour … aqi=g-p3g7
Out of the first 10 hits, 2 mention KGNE in the title, including the top hit.

That’s enough to suggest to me where this poll is heading anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: Either that, or Insanity’s multiple identities have been quite busy lately.

My vote (horribly ill-informed, as I’m far too lazy to look up 50 games individually):
Muv Luv Alternative
France Shoujo ~Une Fille Blanche~
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Of course not. That couldn’t be me. :lol:
(coughvoteforonlykiminozocough)

Voted for:
Muv-luv alternative
Ruitomo
Ikusa Megami Zero

KGNE looked interesting, but not enough to make me change my vote (besides, I’d still vote Gun Katana and Bullet Butlers over it first).

Voted for:
H2O
Muv-Luv Alternative
Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien

The preliminary poll is closed. I wonder which games are making it to the final poll?

Edit:
The winners are:

What are you going to vote for? I think it’s quite obvious which game I’ll pick. :slight_smile: Vote for KimiNozo and make fans around the world happy!

I guess France Shoujo, since Ima isn’t in the poll and neither is Mugen Kairou.

KGNE all the way! :slight_smile:

1. France Shoujo
  2. France Shoujo
  3. France Shoujo (if I was allowed to do that).

Haven’t bought the game yet (need to very soon) but the trial was amazing stuff. With the exception of one or two doujin games, I’ve never come across anything like it. It’s difficult to describe, but it’s like the world view is completely ‘soaked’ in the text. Other eroges like Atlach=Nacha do it to an extent, but France Shoujo is on a completely different level.

It’s difficult but I’ll probably vote for KGNE after all (I don’t want those mecha games to win).

Why not? They’re still good games, and they obviously aren’t all about mecha.

KimiNozo is Kiminozo. There need be no other reason.