New amaterasu poll up

Wow, I didn’t expect 11eyes or RuiTomo to make it into finals. Doesn’t matter though, I’ll still vote for Swan Song.

Why do you want Kiminozo to win so hard anyway? MuvLuv is more succesful(and some might even say more popular) despite being spin-off from it.

1. KimiNozo has been out for years and no one has translated it. It’s one of the oldest games on the list. (unless you count the remakes)
  2. Out of all the games, it has the most appeal because it has an anime that is famous to English-speaking fans. If it doesn’t win, it’s just due to lack of knowledge that such a poll even existed.
  3. For reasons I won’t go into, I’m only currently able to play the first chapter until someone translates it. I want to play the rest.
  4. I’m a fan of the anime. Not a huge fan, but a fan. When I was watching it and found out it was based on a game, I thought the entire time about how much better the game probably was. Just by playing the first chapter, I can see how much deeper the game is.
  5. The CG and music are some of the best I’ve ever seen in an eroge. (especially the ~LatestEdtion~ version) That’s not to mention that the story is great.
  6. I’m really curious to see how some of the paths turn out. Compared to most eroge, KimiNozo has a lot of paths and endings. I’ve always been dying to see the infamous Manami yandere ending ever since I heard about it.
  7. The plot appeals to me. I love sentimental stories with comedy, darkness, and other genres thrown in.
  8. KimiNozo is extremely long. If a visual novel is long and can stay good the entire time (which I’m fairly certain it can), then that’s a huge plus to me. There are eight girls with paths (maybe more in ~LatestEdition~), many with various endings ranging from bittersweet to downright dark. Plus, the ~LatestEdition~ adds an afterstory for three of the girls and the fandisk. It’s an extremely long game.
  9. The characters have something for everyone: Lolis, tsundere, yandere, shy girl, etc. There is something for everyone.
  10. Even if I would like one of the other games more, I would still want KimiNozo to be translated. I have been waiting SO LONG for it, more than probably any other visual novel. Unfortunately, all of the groups that try to translate it get lazy and stop. I don’t see that happening with Amateratsu.

I could keep going on, but I don’t want to be here all day. I want MuvLuv Alternative, but I would want to play the other MuvLuv games first. Amaterasu is saying that they wouldn’t want to translate the other MuvLuv games because they are supposedly mediocre. They said they might consider translating parts of them, but who wants to play half a visual novel? I would want to play the older games first, regardless of if they aren’t as good as Alternative.

Taken from elsewhere again, EroGameScape rankings

By Median
96 - MuvLuv Alternative
90 - Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
90 - Baldr Sky Dive1 “LostMemory”
86 - Swan Song
85 - Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
82 - Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu
80 - 11eyes
76 - Kara no Shoujo
75 - I/O
70 - France Shoujo ?Une Fille Blanche?

By Mean
91.96 - MuvLuv Alternative
86.89 - Baldr Sky Dive1 “LostMemory”
84.99 - Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
84.66 - Swan Song
81.40 - Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet
79.19 - Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu
77.61 - 11eyes
75.68 - Kara no Shoujo
70.00 - I/O
63.58 - France Shoujo ?Une Fille Blanche?

Well, I’m not that much into visual novels with gameplay. If I want gameplay, I can play any non-japanese game. I want more visual novels, that’s all.

Obviously, I don’t care for English translations but my vote is for sale, so to speak~
Tell me the game(s) for which you want me to vote and I shall~

[size=200]Kimi ga Nozomu Eien[/size] :stuck_out_tongue:

My reason why.

(Plus, the reasons I stated in my last post.)

Out of anyone hear, I’m probably the most desperate. :lol: I NEED KimiNozo translated!!

Link to thread with screenshots and synopses: http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/forum … 68#msg2168

Check out the VNDB links for further screenshots.

To be honest most of those games look pretty good.

Uh, what gameplay in Muv-luv Alternative are you talking about? I know it exists in Baldr Sky, but…

But before weren’t you interested in Ikusa Megami Zero? :?:

To add to this, the gameplay in BALDR SKY takes up only 10% or so of the overall playtime. Dive 1 alone has more text than 95% of other eroges, and even if you expunged the gameplay completely, it’d easily easily easily be worth it for the story and characters.

Stop trying to change his vote. He’s already picking the only LOGICAL choice. :?

KimiNozo is too long. The logical choice is anything that can be finished quickly enough in order to start CTHULHU in March next year.

Hang on, that means France Shoujo is definitely out. Okay, scratch that thought =p

KimiNozo might actually be longer than France Shoujo if you count the ~LatestEdition~ due to the added chapter and fandisk. Then again, I don’t have the text’s MB count, so I can’t say for sure.

From their past translations, I would say Amaterasu would be able to translate just about anything quickly. Their work on Sekien no Inganock was finished extremely fast.

Hahahahaha, there’s no way KimiNozo is longer than France Shoujo even counting the extra content. It’s damn long, though.

Also, keep in mind that Kiminozo and FS are several times the length of Inganock.

First in is the winner, so I shall vote for Kiminozo.

That’s really is long then. I would guess ~LatestEdition~ has at least 5 MB of text since the original has 3.5 MB and the fandisk is probably around 1-2 MB. (Thought, I’m not 100% certain on the original’s size since it’s been awhile since I looked it up, but it was around there.) That’s one reason I’m hesitant on playing France Shoujo at the moment. If I like it, my life would be gone for weeks…
I was just using Inganock as an example. If it takes 45 days for them to translate a little over an MB of text, KimiNozo would take about a year. Maybe a year and a half for France Shoujo,

Olf has leveled up. It’s over 9000!

I guess it means the new poll with the ten finalists isn’t up yet? Inform me when it is and I shall vote for Kiminozo.

Dear (twincest) god… anything but Kiminozo…
How can you want it so much when you already know what happens in the anime…
If it’s just to read the same story twice, I don’t get it.

Vote for something new.

Vote for [size=200]EDEN [/size]:slight_smile:

I guess it’s the same as people who would want to play Tsukihime after seeing the anime (or Fate/Stay Night, or Demonbane, or almost everything VN-based)

To be fair, saying “why play the KGNE game when you’ve already seen the anime?” is like asking “why play Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night when you’ve already seen the anime?”. For the latter two, the game is a very different experience–chiefly, the anime covers one route or a random hodgepodge of routes, while the games have multiple, distinct routes. Then of course there’s the trolls that claim is absolute trash compared to . In any case, there’s plenty of good reasons to want to view the source material of a particular series you really liked.