New amaterasu poll up

How many routes and endings are there in KimiNozo (the LE version)? Also how long is it?

France Shoujo is ~6mb (second longest individual VN), although I’d wonder about the FD being 1-2mb - I don’t think there’s 1-2mb of content there. Maybe 1mb.

The reason France Shoujo would take so long is the language, though - it is honestly insane.

eden* will likely get an anime adaptation of some sort eventually, so why not wait for that? :>

Here are all 10 finalist openings on single playlist… for fun lol
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p … D6E35FA392
And images of all games…

[spoiler=]]

[/spoiler]

Not to mention that the game is much, much more deeper than the anime, even if you follow the same path. I hated Mitsuki in the anime, but sympathized with her a little after playing the first chapter. It really fleshes the characters out more.

There are eight girls with routes. (Unless extra girls were added in ~LatestEdition~, but I don’t think that’s true.) Most of the girls have multiple endings. There are also various endings that don’t revolve around one character. (There is a harem ending with Haruka, Mitsuki, and Akane. :P) Wikipedia has most of the endings. (but not all) link (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS)
That’s not to mention that the ~LatestEdition~ remake includes an afterstory for Haruka, Mitsuki, and Akane along with the fandisk. (the fandisk is a “what if?” story where the accident never happened) I don’t have an exact MB count, but I would say it is at least 5 MB of text if you count the ~LatestEdition~. It’s a really long game, but doesn’t get tedious like many insanely long slice of life games I’ve played.

Oh my. Looks like Kara no Shoujo got a project, so it was disqualified. New list of finalists is as follows:

And before you ask, no. My girlfriend is the PRESIDENT will not be disqualified despite having project. Amaterasu staff has repeatedly asked game’s current translator about it, and he wants for it to stay in poll.
But if it was disqualified, Katahane would enter finalist list as new candidate.

My girlfriend is the president is already 23% translated so I don’t get why they still keep it.

My thoughts exactly. They have better things to translate anyway. (KimiNozo) Maybe they want Amaterasu to join them so they can release it in like two days? Both groups are insanely fast.

France Shoujo is going to need all the help she can get!
That is where this image comes in…

[spoiler=]Image borrowed from another source :wink:

If I can get you to check this preview movie, it’s a bit different than the opening…
(sorry about the click sounds; it’s the ONLY copy of it I can find)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7lZnl9W7Y
The opening music seems a little scary! But, the world looks very interesting…

I would think France Shoujo would be a good fit to JAST fans… Although regardless of the high amount of H scenes in this one, I wouldn’t call it a sex romp; there are many different endings (in the 40s, is that right?) and some routes might have hardly any at all. …sorry no twincest. ;_;

But, far from mindless or random; probably the most difficult novel to translate into english according to what I’ve read. Although Rui no Tomo Yobu would provide it’s own challenge as well…
Meaning probably only Amaterasu Translations would probably attempt to translate it … and succeed! :smiley:

My impression of it currently is :
A bright radiant bonechilling novel. I mean I think this is the only novel that has a chance to creep me out. Looks like there will be wonderously innocent scenes, plenty of intrigue, many choices, horrible scenes, and everything in between, in their attempt to survive this novel.
[/spoiler]

A long mystery story full of dangerous secrets, written in language fitting of the era, full of bright beautiful images by Tony Taka :

The story :

The characters :

What will become of the Une Fille Blanche …

[spoiler=]Innocence

Love

Despair

It’s up to you now…[/spoiler]
Here’s the official site with all pictures [H too, under graphics]
http://www.franceshojo.com/top.html

Genre: Psychological horror, historical

Pros: Fantastic, almost unparallelled art. Historical setting. Excellent, era-appropriate writing. Extremely well-written multidimensional characters. Strong imagery and symbolism.

Cons: Difficult writing, terrible Chinese, extremely difficult to finish, 114 H scenes. Low (70 med) EGS score, and I honestly have no idea why it has that. That said, it’s still not as good as Ayakashibito or Saihate no IMA. Definitely not for everyone; in fact, whatever your tastes, there will be something to enrage you, disgust you or simply put you off your dinner in France Shoujo.

Pros or cons, depending on your taste: Extremely long (6mb, and that’s just the text) script, most endings are depressing, game has a pretty constant negative vibe about it and radiates futility.

Bottomline, it’s a work of art. Some would love it… some will not…
This choice would probably make Ixrec/amaterasu translations work their butt off!
But, in the end you should have a novel worth it’s value and time… One cannot grow without their share of difficulties!

KimiNozo is the best choice.

terrible Chinese

:shock: MInd elaborating on this? What dialect were they trying to speak?

Mandarin. The text is wrong and the seiyuu’s pronunciation is also wrong. However, you can pick an option in the config thing to show the text and play the voices in Japanese instead.

I’m pretty sure almost all Chinese voice acting in Japanese media sound awkward. The way you pronounce things in Japanese simply aren’t the same as in Chinese. Chunhua’s “Shii-eee, shii-eee!” for “xiexie” (thank you) was hilarious in Kazoku Keikaku. I’m not Chinese, but I can pronounce stuff better than her.

Considering how some Japanese pronounce English, the Chinese in KK wasn’t too bad. I think Koyasu put in some good effort on that :slight_smile: The problem I had with France Shoujo was that the original text they were trying to pronounce was just wrong. Garbage in, garbage out.

Random Trivia: Apparently, one of the girls handing out flyers for MangaGamer last year at Anime Expo mentioned that she was taking Chinese lessons; this was brought up in a conversation that started with the topic of “learning Japanese from anime and games.” XD

I guess I’m just more used to hearing bad English since it is oftentimes used in Japanese, while Chinese is not. The English in Phantom Inferno was terrible. Still, the way Chunhua says things was wrong. She didn’t use any “tone” and pronounced everything too long.

Final vote starts today! (yes it’s almost over…)
http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/poll/

Can’t decide if I should go France Shoujo, Rui wa Tomo wo Yobu or I/O… (don’t say it Insanity! :P)

It’s been a fun ride with this poll. I didn’t know ANYTHING about nearly all the 50 nominations before it began. Now I know most of the games if I see them, and which ones I’d love to read. Not to mention the 1… 2… 3… 4… maybe almost 5 translation projects that have cropped up during the course of this poll, even if not related it’s pretty cool. AND the fact that there was an over 1000 voter turnout for the nominations…! fun times for english speaking VN fans!

What? MGfIaP made it? I’ll save the next vote for that. I know the odd is not too good, but then I still have to fight till the end of war.

MGitP already has a translation project. Ammy was asked not to take it down by them for some reason. Don’t vote for MGitP, vote for KimiNozo!

Swan Song just went out of the list, cause apparently a translation project for it came out. Katahane is now in.

Anyway, I think I’m going to go for Ruitomo. I’d rather play MuvLuv Alternative, but not without having played the first game.

You are making a mistake. You should pick KimiNozo. It’s what’s morally right… :frowning: