New G-Collections page

The G-Collections site is up again, with the all new page design. Please check it out! Comments and feedback are welcome.

Looks nice. I’m happy to see that the new design didn’t stray too far from the original one.

Though, I still wonder why every page URL has to look messy like this:
http://www.g-collections.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=gc

Also, the page is far from standards-compliant. 159 errors!

Note to anyone who previously bookmarked the GC site. The old URL, http://www.g-collections.com/index2.htm, points to the old layout. Go to the new entry point instead.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 07-14-2005).]

But i wonder where the G-Coll BBS is

searching

quote:
Oh, we will have the new BBS up soon, too.

So says the G-Collections announcement.

I wonder what’s going to become of the old GC BBS?

Hi, I was planning on doing a new BBS system, which one I’m not sure yet. Would people prefer if we kept the same one? Another possibility – we could link to this one and have a joined BBS? Thoughts?

A joined BBS would be decent. Though G-Col announcing another game would be fantabulous.

yes a joined bss is good ^^

more people to talk with ^^

Keeping the fans joined instead of splitting them up would be good. Together, we are strong.

I think the same. A joined bbs is better.

Let’s fight togheter, brothers and sisters!!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Keeping the fans joined instead of splitting them up would be good. Together, we are strong. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Ditto!

I gave a better look at the G-Col’s new site. It’s very good and refreshing, but there are many mistakes in the games’ description. Most of them in the age of the characters:

KANA - LITTLE SISTER
Yumi’s age is wrong. She is not 18 (same age than Kana), she’s 20 (sama age than Taka). She was Taka’s classmate during early ages, after all.

CHAIN
I think Akira Kusakabe’s age is wrong, too. If i remember right, she is older than Takeshi, not younger.

TOTTEMO PHEROMONE
Kaori’s age is wrong. She was an OL originally and older than Takuya, so she’s at least 21.
Erika’s age is wrong. She is just a little older than Takuya, who is at least 19. So she is probably 20.

TSUKI
Mitsuki-sensei is older than Shizuka?! I didn’t know that…

DO YOU LIKE HORNY BUNNIES?
Sae, Hiromi and Ryo’s ages are wrong. Ryo is the youngest girl from the Platinum girls, so she must be 18 and the others 19.

KANGO SHICYAUZO 1
Sister Emi is a teacher in school, too. How could she be just 20 y.o.?
Kaede, the mother of Momiji and foster-mother of the protagonist, is just 28 y.o.?!! How? She was married and pregnant of Momiji at the age of 10?!!

COME SEE ME TONIGHT 1
I couldn’t to find the description of this game. Where is it?

VIRGIN ROSTER
The character’s descriptions are messed, showing the character’s description of TSUKI.

CRESCENDO
All the girls’ages are messed. Kyoko is one year younger than Ryo, Kaho and Yuka. If she’s 18, the others must be 19.
Ayame is 5 years older than Ryo, so she’s 24. Kaori was Ayame’s sempai, so she is probably 25-27.

Aside that, i think some of them needs the description of the protagonist (our character), too.

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 07-15-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Hi, I was planning on doing a new BBS system, which one I'm not sure yet. Would people prefer if we kept the same one? Another possibility -- we could link to this one and have a joined BBS? Thoughts?

A shared BBS sounds good in principle, but there may be some issues to consider.

GC's terms of service are quite different from PP's. Moderation was "hands off" there. Nothing was ever deleted, locked or modified. The board may have had minimum age, antipiracy and personal attack policies, but they were rarely enforced. People posted under multiple aliases and impersonated one another. Changing people's behavior to conform to PP's standards would require a lot of administration.

GC's members are a different population group. It may sound elitest, but the age, literacy and overall friendliness seemed much lower over there. PP's forum has a good community and positive traditions. Although there are common members, if the two groups merged things might change for the worse.

As disorganized as it was, there was actually some useful information buried in GC's BBS. It was occasionally useful to search old topics for game or release information. Archives might be lost in the event of a merger.

For these reasons, I'd prefer things be left as they are. Most GC members know about PP's board already. If they haven't joined before, there's probably a reason. Don't do anything that might adversely affect this board.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
I think the same. A joined bbs is better.

Let's fight togheter, brothers and sisters!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nah,I still think it's better not to merge the bbs except if they also merge the companies.Two companies with one bbs is too confusing

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 07-15-2005).]

But we can’t leave the BBS as it is. As you said, it makes impersonating easier, and I think we all agreed a long time ago that the board software sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
I gave a better look at the G-Col's new site. It's very good and refreshing, but there are many mistakes in the games' description. Most of them in the age of the characters:

KANA - LITTLE SISTER
Yumi's age is wrong. She is not 18 (same age than Kana), she's 20 (sama age than Taka). She was Taka's classmate during early ages, after all.

CHAIN
I think Akira Kusakabe's age is wrong, too. If i remember right, she is older than Takeshi, not younger.

TOTTEMO PHEROMONE
Kaori's age is wrong. She was an OL originally and older than Takuya, so she's at least 21.
Erika's age is wrong. She is just a little older than Takuya, who is at least 19. So she is probably 20.

TSUKI
Mitsuki-sensei is older than Shizuka?! I didn't know that...

DO YOU LIKE HORNY BUNNIES?
Sae, Hiromi and Ryo's ages are wrong. Ryo is the youngest girl from the Platinum girls, so she must be 18 and the others 19.

KANGO SHICYAUZO 1
Sister Emi is a teacher in school, too. How could she be just 20 y.o.?
Kaede, the mother of Momiji and foster-mother of the protagonist, is just 28 y.o.?!! How? She was married and pregnant of Momiji at the age of 10?!!

COME SEE ME TONIGHT 1
I couldn't to find the description of this game. Where is it?

VIRGIN ROSTER
The character's descriptions are messed, showing the character's description of TSUKI.

CRESCENDO
All the girls'ages are messed. Kyoko is one year younger than Ryo, Kaho and Yuka. If she's 18, the others must be 19.
Ayame is 5 years older than Ryo, so she's 24. Kaori was Ayame's sempai, so she is probably 25-27.

Aside that, i think some of them needs the description of the protagonist (our character), too.

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 07-15-2005).]

More nitpicking. (THre's probably more, but I haven't had time getting around to them yet.

TOTTEMO PHEROMONE:
Kaori: Peter Gilis's got it right.
Erika: She's more than just a little older. She was one of the possible girls from Majokko Silk, which means she's about as old as Takuya's uncle (Tho she was one of the younger girls, I think, so just a little younger than him.).
Silk Sakuragi: should have a ? next to her age. She had the same problem as Silk, wandering from another world, but only after an unknown long time in and between other worlds.

KANGO SHICYAUZO 1:
Emi: She doesn't teach. She's just the nun at the chapel there.
Kaede: You know... that's a pretty good question. Need to bump her age up a little.

COME SEE ME TONIGHT 1:
Here's the page ( http://www.g-collections.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GC010&Category_Code=games ) But there's no button for it. (I found it simply by going to DYLHB, and then manually rolling the game number up.)

VIRGIN ROSTER:
It looks fixed.

CRESCENDO:
All the points have been hit already. Tho, please, get a better picture for Kaho. One with both eyes open, please.

Nice new layout
Is it just me or is’t there 1 game missing??
Come see me tonight, it’s on the product page but not on the top page??

quote:
Originally posted by Smoo:
G-Col announcing another game would be fantabulous.

Yeah that would be great
When will we see that Peter??

A joined BBS…hmmmm well that would be nice more people to talk with.

[This message has been edited by Thomas (edited 08-05-2005).]

Yeah, but the errors and mistakes for the other games are still there, like the wrong characters’ ages and VIRGIN ROSTER showing the descriptions for the characters of TSUKI.

So… are we ever going to see another G-C release?