New Game of the Month: Little My Maid

Just a head’s up, the new Bishoujo Game of the Month at J-List is Little My Maid (http://www.jlist.com/product/p004), one of my favorite games. We’ve got a special price on the game this month only. Hope you’ll pick it up!

this is a shame - cant pick it up - got it already ,-)

I agree with Shinigami. I have it too.

I have it too. Still have to finish half of the game, though.

Reported >=)

http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2931

$19.95 is better than the deals they’ll have at TRSI. Other deals this week are the Angel Smile titles, Tokimeki, and Amusement Park.

Ooh, tempting. I never bought LMM since the reviews didn’t seem to be story-focused enough for my tastes… I really shouldn’t spend money right now, I’m trying to save for a trip… but I’m thinking about it!

I believe the game is worth 20 anyway. If you wanted to make LMM a good deal, make it 10.

That’s rather harsh to say when you consider how much work they have put into localising it. :frowning:

they actually put work into it? LMM is repetitive, glitchy, and a below average story, so that information comes as a shock to me.

[ 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: DetectiveConan ]

Personally I am somewhat inclined to agree with your assessment of the game, but there’s some serious history you don’t know. Little My Maid was originally announced something between 5 and 6 years ago (!). I forget exactly when, but it was one of the first titles ever announced by PeaPri. Then they had to completely change the game engine (they ported it to the Snow Drop engine). Then they had to retranslate the game over again. Then they had to edit and crossreference thousands of script files.

Yeah, the game’s fairly short, but despite the fact that a lot of text is repeated, they apparently didn’t have those sequences in common in the game files.

[ 07-10-2006, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

The decision tree is also quite complex, which made it hell to test.

And thats respectable Nandemonai. I just don’t feel that game was worthy of it.

Hye DetectiveConan What is your avatar from?

Suzumiya Haruhi.

Thanks Benoit

Little My Maid was a great game, definitly worth the wait. I believe I got my money’s worth when I had it pre-ordered :smiley:

I bought it … thanks for the deal Peter. :slight_smile:

I agree LMM is a great game. Hope you like it ms.

Post box camping Post box camping… I hope it came today!!! the thing I won’t know is until around 5:00 P.M. EST… ugh…

DetectiveConan, thousands of hours went into LMM, in part because some work had to be redone when the graphics engine changed (the original wasn’t really compatible with XP). I personally drank about 100 cups of coffee while editing/testing the game. While tastes are of course going to be different, I am surprised to hear someone say it’s not a good game. I actually recommend it quite a lot and have heard good feedback from it. I agree that any game that reuses images for scenes is kind of lame, but I really liked the premise and characters.