New game purchase input

I’m trying to decide which new games I’m going to buy and thought I’d solicate some opinions.

My favorite game type is sim/interactive. Games I’ve enjoyed are: Brave Soul, Crescendo, Ultima Ascension, Pia Carrot 2.

The list I’m considering(probably will buy 4) are: Kana, Kango 1 & 2(graphics), Hitomi Stepsister(really hesitant to get into Vmate territory), Idols Galore, Hourglass of Summer(I’ll need to play it on my computer-some postings said they had problems), and Little My Maid.

I’m open to suggestion of opinions on games not on the list as well.

I’d recommend Kana, Crescendo, Tokimeki Checkin!, and Private Nurse.

I’d also recommend Kana and Private Nurse. I’ve heard good things about Hourglass of Summer, too, though I haven’t played it myself.

Hmm, if you like sims I’d have to recommend Little My Maid even though it isn’t out yet. Gloria is a pretty complicated game.

There’s also Hitozuma Wives’ Club, but I’m not sure it’s any good.

And I see you already mentioned you’d played Crescendo.

Kango 2 at least is not recommended if you’re at all interested in interativity or storyline. Kango 1 is easy, but Kango 2 takes that to an entirely new level with the “character selection” screen gameplay ‘mechanic’ (yes, that’s right, you literally pick who you’re interested in and that’s how you get on their paths. It’s lame.)

If you liked Crescendo, and are considering Kana and Hourglass of Summer, I’d also recommend Heart de Roommate and Private Nurse (PN is better IMO).

I highly recommend Kana and Hourglass of Summer (two great story games). I’ve only played the demo, but I think Little My Maid would be a good choice as well, since it has sim elements. You should play the demo, if you haven’t already.

I thought Private Nurse was boring, especially compared to Hourglass, Kana, and Crescendo, but I might be in the minority there.

For Hourglass of Summer, its functionality on computers seems to be linked to the media player you use. If worse comes to worst, you could just download a bunch and try them all. One of them should work. Needless to say, at $27, and considering its length, it’s hard to find a b-game with better value out there.

Wait wait… Did I just read that correctly? there is a demo version of LMM somewhere? Where exactly would I find that?

I’m too lazy to find the posts on this board…but here’s my post on the topic on Otaku Fridge:

There’s an English playable demo for Peach Princess’s upcoming title, Little My Maid. Here’s a link from the Peach Princess board, hosted by olf_le_fol: http://www.gwathyr.net/media/lmm_demo.exe

And a second post:

Here’s another, this one to ladyphoenix’s site, which has a playable English demo of Little My Maid and a Japanese playable demo of Brave Soul (the full game is available in English): http://engbishoujo.tripod.com/comingsoon.html

ladyphoenix’s bandwidth is limited; however olf_le_fol’s is not, so download from the first link I gave for LMMD if possible. It’s faster too, I’ve heard.

Casual Romance Club. On the expensive side compared with PP/G-C titles, but it’s oh-so worth it. You’ll need a DVD drive and the graphics have mosaic censorship, though.

i DO NOT recommend Kana (not because its a bad game, but its the game that will make you want to blow out your brains for the sake of Kana)
I DO recommend games like: Idols Galore! Tsuki and Come see me tonight 2…

All Kana-haters will be dragged out into the street and shot…you have been warned.

That said…

Kana isn’t THAT depressing. Yes, it will make you cry, but for the most part it has a sort of cheerful tone to it. Yes, you will cry, but you’ll get over it, I assure you.

No way!! Kana is just too sad, poor poor kana. Well it’s a good game just not one I recommend for people looking for happy fun titles.

Seems you like crescendo, but what did you like about it? If you like the dark angsty parts then I say check out Hitomi. It’s darker than Crescendo definately but it has a good believable angsty story line. I think people that normally would be turned off with dark material would like Hitomi if they played it.

I’ve been hearing good things about LMM and it’s suppose to be a sim so you could check that out. CRC is a true dating sim not like transfer student which is a pseudo sim. So if you like sims that’s a good choice.

Okay, maybe not cheerful. But still, Kana isn’t a sob-fest all the way through like people seem to imply…

Ugh…Transfer Student…don’t even mention that in the same sentence as halfway decent titles…

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
But IT IS THE ENDING's THAT KILL YOU.
The rest is of the game is great.

... Be happy ... Think Cat Girls Instead ...

~Nyaaa~

*blink*blink*blink*

Where am I?

what i did was buy Kana and Kango Shicyauzo at the same time
depressent and stimulant to cancel each other out

I hope you don’t play them both at the same time, it’ll give you bipolar disorder Hmm…actualy what would happen if those 2 story lines merged…

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I hope you don't play them both at the same time, it'll give you bipolar disorder [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] Hmm...actualy what would happen if those 2 story lines merged...

Well, Kango's 'storyline' cannot survive any injection of reality, so this would cause the Kango characters to lose their sanity and go off the deep end, thus combining to make something even MORE depressing.

Nah, you would be a priest in a hospital teaching the nurses and having to watch your sister at the same time.
When you’re with your sister → drama
Then the nurses provide the fluff and the H-content.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Nah, you would be a priest in a hospital teaching the nurses and having to watch your sister at the same time.
When you're with your sister -> drama
Then the nurses provide the fluff and the H-content.

Something like that...seems like it would be bad almost by definition. That's like trying be a light-hearted romp and a dark game at the same time. It just doesn't work. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Something like that...seems like it would be bad almost by definition. That's like trying be a light-hearted romp and a dark game at the same time. It just doesn't work. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

*shrugs*

GC seems to be doing well enough with the whole "it's a dark game but not really" thing.

I’m a heavy lobbyist for “Tokimeki Check In!” - easily my favorite ecchi game so far if we’re talking about dating-sim (“Chain” would be my overall fave, but the emphasis there is much heavier on story than ecchi content.)

I’m not sure why I like Tokimeki so much more than others I’ve played… Possibly because it was the very first ecchi game I played, but way beyond that the ryokan setting is great, each of the characters is very distinctly developed (no jokes!), also it has great music and the general mood of it is a breath of fresh air. Or maybe I’m just in dire need of an out-of-town vacation…

I just started playing “Tottemo Pheremone” and am starting to think that might be coming in a close second to Tokimeki. Great scenario, music almost as cool as Tokimeki, and also well-distinguished characters (even between the twins/clones who are the main characters.) I’m puzzled to contrast it with “Kango Shicyauzo” which I just quit after a couple of the endings - it just seemed too daft and devoid of story for me, but admittedly those of the other two are no deeper. I guess hospitals & medical schools bore me.

Here’s raising a big cheer for Tokimeki Check-In! 'Something magic there, dammit… It would be great if they’d do a sequel.