New Hirameki games up for preorder

We’ve posted the new Hirameki games that will be out soon, for anyone who wants to preorder and get free shipping.

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/hira006%20or%20hira007/1/

They look good. Both games are much longer than their past games, both come with art books inside. The company is, I think, really paying attention to the quality. I hope everyone will support these titles.

Interesting. And we were just talking about DVD games. Somewhere… I forget where. Or was that DVD ROM games? Either way… Hey look! New games!

------------------
精神 の 神

Hourglass of Summer sounds very interesting. I might pick it up sometime.

Hentai games without the hentai? Ugh…

I just hope it’s not as poorly edited as some other games I’ve heard of where the sex scenes were removed.

Then again, I’m not sure I’d WANT to play Tea Society of a Witch with the h-scenes in it; those characters look young.

The art in Tea Society is really interesting, and a little bizarre. Not that I want to start another big discussion about the look of the ages of the characters. but to me, the characters are no more real than Mickey Mouse or a child’s toy. If there were H scenes they’d be interesting to see from an artistic point of view maybe, but certainly nothing that I would connect with a human body in any way.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I just hope it's not as poorly edited as some other games I've heard of where the sex scenes were removed.

Then again, I'm not sure I'd WANT to play Tea Society of a Witch with the h-scenes in it; those characters look young.

I think it would be harder to do such editing with Hourglass of Summer the whole time jump idea would be hard to edit to a poor extent I hope.

Though I would like to someday get Tea Society of a Witch I am a lot more fearful about the editing with that game for some reason and will wait to hear about it.

Okay, I’m looking at these, thinking, “I’ve never heard of Hirameki…” It looks like they are, but are these titles in English? Hourglass of Summer sounds interesting…

Yes, Wolfson, they are in English.

From what I can gather, Hirameki is still quite new, and different. They release their games on DVD, to be played with your remote on your DVD player, or such an interface on your computer. They are non-adult, and if there were sex scenes, they are edited out. They started by releasing two games, Amusement Pack and Day of Love, about half a year ago, which, from what I hear, were poor.

We’ll have to wait and see.

Well, Tea Society of a Witch has to have something in it to merit an R-rating (recommended for 17 and above)… although they say it just has “strong romantic elements,” or something like that, so who knows. On the other hand, if you play your bishoujo for story content, it doesn’t much matter about the sex, although if the game sucks, the game sucks. I’ll also be looking for reviews…

Nah, Majo no Ochakai was a pretty fun game when I played it a year or two ago. The story’s not that bad and the characters were rather endearing.

Natsuiro no Sunadokei was originally a PS2 game that was ported to the PC with added H scenes…so it shouldn’t be too hard to take them out again without it feeling awkward, I’d think.

don’t forget about Hirameki’s first release, Phantom of Inferno, which was really really good

I was horribly disappointed by Amusement Park, but I have pretty high hopes for these two new titles…I will probably grab them when they become available, but can’t afford to pre-order them right now…sigh

One of their others Day of Love was not too bad either, so I have high hopes that at least one, hopefully both of these will be excellent games.

As for Tea Society of a Witch those that have played the PS2 version in Japanese, is there anything there that seems to earn the R-Rating without giving anything away?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 06-24-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
I was horribly disappointed by Amusement Park, but I have pretty high hopes for these two new titles...I will probably grab them when they become available, but can't afford to pre-order them right now...sigh

Yeah, I haven't heard anything good about Amusement Park, although I didn't know where it came from... and I figure I'll have to wait for these games, since I've already got about $200 worth of back orders and pre-orders outstanding at the moment (RightStuf doesn't bill until they ship, so I have to watch my bank account so that I keep enough money on hand for orders that haven't shipped yet). Maybe in another month or so...

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
On the other hand, if you play your bishoujo for story content, it doesn't much matter about the sex, although if the game sucks, the game sucks. I'll also be looking for reviews...

It matters if they simply delete the scenes, so that you can tell something was deleted; or if the storyline structure is such that the game makes no sense if characters X and Y haven't had sex. (Like, they take a long walk down the beach and all of a sudden start acting different... or if another character gets jealous of the "walk on the beach"). Then the censorship is interfering with the storyline.

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
don't forget about Hirameki's first release, Phantom of Inferno, which was really really good [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

And was not actually brought over by Hirameki. The company that picked it up went under and Hirameki bought up the rights. I think.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I think it would be harder to do such editing with Hourglass of Summer the whole time jump idea would be hard to edit to a poor extent I hope.

From a pessimistic point of view this is actually a reason to be discouraged. But then someone else has posted that the game originally lacked h-scenes that were added in later. This is a good sign!

Well I’m going to let someone else bite the bullet and review the hirameki games. I doubt I’m going to buy them. If the reviews are good and they will work with a computer then I may think of buying them.

quote:
It matters if they simply delete the scenes, so that you can tell something was deleted; or if the storyline structure is such that the game makes no sense if characters X and Y haven't had sex. (Like, they take a long walk down the beach and all of a sudden start acting different... or if another character gets jealous of the "walk on the beach"). Then the censorship is interfering with the storyline.

I'll readily grant you that--it goes back to the Bishoujo and [/i]Hentai[/i] post where we were talking about sex furthering the story line... if it fits, it should be there. I have no problems with games like Eve: Burst Error, where they simply didn't have any nudity or sex scenes. But if a company is going to take a game that has them and then edit them out in order to "widen the market," as it were... well, that's just not right, in my opinion.

quote:
From a pessimistic point of view this is actually a reason to be discouraged. But then someone else has posted that the game originally lacked h-scenes that were added in later. This is a good sign!

Well, the game is rated for ages 15 and up, so it's not likely to have anything really hentai in it in this market...

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Well I'm going to let someone else bite the bullet and review the hirameki games. I doubt I'm going to buy them. If the reviews are good and they will work with a computer then I may think of buying them.

Heh... it sounds like everyone wants to wait and see what someone else says about the games... I wonder if anyone will actually buy them to find out about them [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]