(Newbie) which game is most similar to true love?

Hi, I’m a najor newbie to this, and I’ve found most of the hentai games I’ve seen I don’t like. The tended to be a bit to uhhh…shocking :open_mouth: and really low on story creating any kind of environment for romance and whatnot to take place in, with a few exceptions, most notably, true love.

True love was a true game, with real challenge and strategy and fun people and everything. Great humour too! I cracked up when you played “Final oxymoron vii” with Arisa.

I guess I liked:

1.the guy meeting lots of girls at school angle.
2.The being soft but not too soft.
3.The reality of game and story
being strong.
4. the romantic encounters being something
earned, and even happening in a believable way, rather than ridiculously out of nowhere.
5. yes, the cute anime girls. :slight_smile:

Anyway, if I was to get a game, which has most of these things in common with true love? I already played seasons of sakura… and while it was okay in a lot of ways, the way you had to keep clicking the options, being pushed in 1 direction, was pretty stupid.

Sorry, I’m rambling. What do you guys suggest?

none of the newest games have the same level of control that True Love did-True Love being a simulation type game

the closest one id say, is Tokimeki Check-In
tho…it is closer to Season of the Sakura than it is to True Love

Thanks for your helps guys. You ARE alot of help, nobody.

Well, Tokimeki Checkin! is looking really good, from what you guys say.

Yeah, I guess I should try to narrow it down more. Well, I have actually played the maids story (at my friends house) and season of sakura.

Sakura was great accept for tedious (find and click every dialogue option multiple times till we let the story move.)

Maids story I really didn’t like. I guess true love had an air of romance and chance that depended on what you do to build your character…Maid story really did try to add a genuine gaming experience, but it’s story factor was really weak, no real relationships between the characters.

I guess I’d be pretty happy to part with game-like interactivity for the sake of a nice story.

I guess it doesn’t really have to be that soft either…Like when I said soft, I was really just thinking “no demons, horror, robots, rapes, bondage, groups, talking dildos, etc…” Is that really all that soft?

I hope that makes things clearer. divi-dead is probably out then. Snow drop sounds nice, I think.

thanks for helping guys…any more you can think of?

I like Gloria alot. You can mostly choose if you want to see the naked stuff or not. And there are quite alot of endings.

Given your tastes, I, too, would recommend Tokimeki Check-in. It has a strong story and interesting characters. It also has an enormous amount of flexibility. There are many possible endings – multiple girls and multiple endings for most girls. It is well drawn and does not feature extreme sex.

May Club is another possibility, although the sex is more prominent than in Tokimeki.

I would recommend Snow Drop and Tokimeki Checkin! heartily. Go buy them–both. Now. Snow Drop is just beautiful and Tokimeki Checkin! is quite funny. These games are made by a different company, so they don’t have the “select each option repeatedly to exhaust all the possibilities” style that JAST games do. You pick something and see what happens immediately (although it may not always be immediately clear what the results are).

Also, things to bear in mind: Both games have full voice. Both games have a very nice engine; you can skip ahead to skip stuff you’ve already seen, you can even go back over text you’ve seen already.

I’d also recommend Critical Point, but somewhat reservedly. It has a good story, and if you actually get to the real game path, there’s no bondage or anything like that (there’s some down some minor side paths). There’s violence, but I feel it’s handled appropriately.

Kango Shicyauzo (from G-Collections) is “soft” in the sense you mean, but it isn’t as good as Snow Drop or TCI–there’s no voice and the game’s writing isn’t as strong. It is cute enough, though, and it does also manage to be funny (but not as much as TCI).

you would really enjoy tokimeki checkin, although be warned that there are a few depictions of rape, but you have a choice to stop it or not, and if you choose not to stop it, there are realistic consequences…

snow drop is another good choice, the story is wonderful…

gloria is a great game if you are looking for lots of choices, although it can be a little tough since you can’t really tell which choices affect what…it’s a little obscure…

i’d say buy tokimeki checkin…it’s the closest to true love as it can be without being a simulation

I’d have to reccomend Tokimeki Check-in too, then probably Snow Drop. Snow Drop was pretty awsome, the only problem (for me at least) being that I thought it was a little short and very difficult. Incidentally, True Love was the first bishoujo game that I played and still remains probably my favourite bishoujo game overall, despite the rather old style graphics. (I’m really looking forward to playing Kana though, although I hear that it’s really quite depressing)

I’d recommend Tokimeki Check-In too, and later Snow Drop, if those are the elements you are looking for .

Heck, might as well chime in as well. Then again my recommendations are the same as most, TCI and Snow Drop. I know I have other favorites but those are the main two I recommend to everyone!

Well, that settles it! I’m going to save up and at the end of august get tokimeki - checkin and hopefully snow drop after that!

Thanks, everyone, you’ve given a lot of great input.

Turrican, I think I’ll experience the same thing as you - I really enjoyed true love too, I may never like another hentai game as much.

yeah, I did some lurking on some of your posts about kana, and man - that game must be DEEP. Everyone is soooo moved. whoa.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by jensen:
yeah, I did some lurking on some of your posts about kana, and man - that game must be DEEP. Everyone is soooo moved. whoa.

It is. And a good game to slap someone with the next time they say that these games are nothing but mindless sex. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
It is. And a good game to slap someone with the next time they say that these games are nothing but mindless sex. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

you know, i said the exact same thing to my boyfriend last night [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:

Kana is proof enough of that, I think [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Instead of slapping someone who says that, give him a copy of Kana and tell him to play the game once or twice and then report back to you. if he stills ays "just mindless sex...", then you amy slap him/her, but if him/her falls down on his/her knees and ask you to forgive him/her for being wrong, thne tell him/her that he/she is forgiven int he name of the Bishoujo Goddess [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, through, Kana might be the best game to use as an example for the genre being not just "mindless sex".

Heh, if YOU are a crybaby, then what about the rest of us who’ve played Kana? Many people have played Kana now, even some people who normally doens’t care much for adult bishoujo games, and as far as I’ve heard, all of them have shed some tears at at least one or two points in Kana. And as soon as other retailers - Animenation, Peach Princess and JAST USA and others - starts to sell the games G-collections offer, I except that more people will cry when they play Kana.

I agree with you about True Love - it was far too easy to get someone at the end - you could choose almost anyone at the end, if you got your stats high enough and encountered the right character events. But otherwise, the game was pretty good and some of the sceens were quite beautiful… I really liked the scene where Chiemi and the main character were making love on the beach in the sunset - kinda romantic, eh? . But in True Love’s case, I’d have liked the game more if it just hadn’t been more of a “girl chasing game” than anything else… I wish they at least could have made it so that if you sleept with more than one girl or at least tried to do so, the others wouldn’t trust on you… Well, you can’t get everything, I guess, and those reasons where probably why Kumiko said before that in the eyes of the Japanese adult bishoujo game fans, True Love is a really simple game if compared to some other games/sims at the market.

But Season of the Sakura were a little similar to that - if you followed the right events, it was quite easy to be able to get almost any of the girls at the end (especially in the case of the Trio). The only girl in Season of the Sakura who was a real challenge to get was Ruri, but the others were’t all that hard to get.

Spectator beholder said:

Seriously, through, Kana might be the best game to use as an example for the genre being not just “mindless sex”.

Yeah. It looks to me as if we all hate the games that exist in the genre that ARE meaningless sex, where you just stroll around and women throw themselves at you, a complete stranger…Whereas we love the games where relationships build and love grows and you see peoples thoughts and ideas…and…um…have sex with cute anime girls… You know what I’m tryin to say. It’s like a part of everything, not the whole. ;-p

quote:
Originally posted by jensen:
Yeah. It looks to me as if we all hate the games that exist in the genre that ARE meaningless sex, where you just stroll around and women throw themselves at you, a complete stranger....Whereas we love the games where relationships build and love grows and you see peoples thoughts and ideas...and...um...have sex with cute anime girls... You know what I'm tryin to say. It's like a part of everything, not the whole. ;-p

Well I wouldn't assume that we know what you're trying to say, I've come to the conclusion that most of us here don't have normal thinking processes. Just kidding. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Hmm, but actually I don't hate the games that are meaningless sex, I just don't enjoy them as much as the ones that have a coherent story to them. (Hey, I'm, er, relatively human and I get urges... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] )

To repat what the others said, I don’t really hate ganmes with some “mindles ssex” or just “lots of sex” either, even if I do of course like a game with good characters, story and everything like that much more than a game that doesn’t have anything of it. What I often are more “negative” towards when it comes to the adult bishoujo gmae genre are games where you have no control of the story; sure, if the story is good, then it doens’t matter much since it then feels more like reading a novel, but of the story isn’t all that good and you can’t make any choices of your own AND the story is filled with just mindless sex… that’s when I may start to hate a game just like i did in the case of Fatal Relations . It has only happedned once, and I’m praying that it won’t happen again…

But as I said, I don’t really hate mindless sex. Heck, I’m one of the few here (it seems) who actually likes X-change, so you cna’t say that I hate mindless sex… not in the case of Adult Bisoujo games anyway .

But since many think that the genre is all about that “just mindless sex, lots of S/M and tentacle raping”, Kana is a good example to show that they are wrong.

Actually, while a couple of other people may have mentioned in passing that they didn’t really like XChange, I seem to be the only person who really didn’t like it. I’m just rabid (and don’t you DARE quote me on that).

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
But Season of the Sakura were a little similar to that - if you followed the right events, it was quite easy to be able to get almost any of the girls at the end (especially in the case of the Trio). The only girl in Season of the Sakura who was a real challenge to get was Ruri, but the others were't all that hard to get.

You think so?
(OOOPS, have to add a warning here)
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Well, I had a lot more difficulties in order to get Seia, than Ruri. Both required a separate go through the whole game, but in case of Seia, Meimi really mad it difficult for me to get through to Seia (simply couldn't leave her alone at the river without a trying to comfort her).
For Ruri, I simply had to roleplay that I have fallen for her at first sight and everything went right with a bit saving and loading...

End of Spoilers