Nitro+ by JAST USA

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/7542159#7542242

According to the people that worked on Saya, Kikokugai and now Sumaga;

Saya and Kikokugai will be in a bundle pack, possibly with Hanachirasu.

Btw, since vndb’s ratings are what they are, anyone care to give us the erogescape scores? I don’t know any Japanese to navigate that site. :cry:

Kikokugai all-ages rerelease: 85 median 85.29 mean
Saya no Uta: 83 median 81.85 mean
Sumaga: 85 median 80.79 mean
Zoku Satsuriku no Django: 80 median 80.19 mean
Kikokugai (original): 80 median 78.05 mean
Hanachirasu: 70 median 68.03 mean

Seinarukana: 77 median 74.56 mean
STARLESS: 77 median 71.69 mean

Egs ratings are even worse…

Hanachirasu having a worse score than Starless sounds ominous… Thanks for your trouble, Lancer-X.

I so need Sumaga :smiley: Didn’t play it in Japanese since I thought JAST could announce it, and there it is. I’m really happy right now :smiley:

wow look at all that nitro+ eroges. O.o

[color=blue]Let’s request for an uncut version of Phantom Of Inferno(released totally censored years ago by a shit named Hirameki International -.-) /o/[/color]

Actually, Hirameki didn’t censor Phantom of Inferno. We got the DVD video version which had full voice and animation. Sure many people didn’t like the format, but it had a lot more features than the PC versions. The PC versions are unvoiced and have no visual animations.

Also, if you have SlySoft’s AnyDVD running on your machine, you can get around all of the issues with the AnimePlay format that people complain about (lack of a fast-forward option, slow text speed, etc…).

To be fair, Hirameki had a bad habit of licensing adult titles and trying to tailor them to an early teen demographic. The same applies to even their anime releases; licensing a title based off of a strip mahjong game only to remove the fanservice from the show kinda defeats the point. Even Animamundi, a dark title about witchhunts, satanic cults, and romance between men was censored to downplay the violence, gore, and sexuality that make the title what it is. Even then, it still got an M rating (ie: no change). I’m glad that someone thought enough to make an anti-censorship patch (which I’ve tidied up and repackaged here).

As I’ve said before, if you don’t think you can release a title without making some serious content edits, then maybe you shouldn’t be the one to publish that title.

For me, the biggest complaint about that Phantom would probably be not the version of the game released, since Phantom of Inferno’s H scenes are rubbish and voices are nice, but the DVDPG.

Years ago I bought a DVDPG version of a game by accident (because it was a bit cheaper and I didn’t know what DVDPG meant- I thought it was just referring to the game being on a DVD or something) and, while it was the exact same as the original version (both were voiced, both had H scenes etc.) I found the DVDPG stuff so annoying I couldn’t finish it.

Phantom of Inferno is one of my favorite translated games.

Even thought it was very hard to play the DVDPG version, i could finish most of the endings. :stuck_out_tongue:

If i’m not mistaken, there’s a re-re-re-re-re-renewed version for console with the graphics and character design of the anime TV show. I dunno if there is a version for PC too.

Nope. The last rerelease of Phantom for PC is INTEGRATION, which is still unvoiced etc.

Are you sure about that? :? None of the PC versions of the game had voices (not even the original), and none of the DVD-PG versions ever had sexual content. Check VNDB if you’d like.

I actually found the AnimePlay format to be pretty convenient for writing a guide to the game. Someone has written an extensive one on Hourglass of Summer, and I’ve written one myself for Phantom of Inferno. Like I said before, the problems with the format can easily be overcome with the appropriate software. Still, I do agree that a “complete” PC version would be far superior (ie: save anytime, CG gallery, sound room, skip read text, etc…).

The DVDPG game I’m talking about is not Phantom- “Years ago I bought a DVDPG version of a game”

I’ve never played the DVDPG version of Phantom but I know quite well what it contains. I’m talking about DVDPG in general and how I hate it.

A bit off-topic…
I wonder if a “BLURAY-PG” could do what DVD-PG could not? I liked the concept of being able to play it on any player anywhere. However having no control over ordinary VN functions like save, load, skip, voices, etc made it troublesome for VN veterans…

I haven’t seen what the new blu-ray software is capable of, I wonder if it could meet all the regular functions?

Whoops. I thought you were still talking about Phantom there. My bad.

In my experience, DVD-PG titles have always been visually inferior to their PC counterparts. I don’t know if this is also true with UMD-PG games or the like, but I can’t imagine them being drastically different. However, Phantom is, without a doubt, the best of the DVD-PG games I’ve played because it uses the strengths of DVD video to compensate for the quality loss elsewhere in the title (full-motion video for the helicopter chase, for example).

If you can still find it, I highly recommend picking it up (it’s often bundled with the craptacular Phantom the Animation at a bargain bin price). For the most part, the title is actually better off with implied sex scenes rather than explicit ones (I’d go into detail, but that’d be spoiler territory, and I refuse to spoil Phantom for anyone).

i hope jast does release a version of phantom with h content
jast’s lineup of nitro+ titles look pretty good

Let’s not forget the new ending, “On a Moonlit Night”. Incidentally, a friend of mine recently finished Phantom Integration, and that was the first ending he got.

I’m already sold on Song of Saya, but I’m on the fence with Kikokugai and Hanachirasu (and, yes, I’ve finished both with every ending). If I worked at JAST, I’d at least replace the character sprites and backgrounds with those from the remake (the original event CGs are decent-enough quality, so they can stay). The aliasing and the 3D-CG in the original just bug me… Django and Sumaga will probably be instant preorders once I’ve seen more details on them.

I’m groaning a little every time I see people treating the license of Starry Sky as a bad thing…

Are you sure you or they aren’t confusing Starry Sky with Starless? They’re two very different games with a similar name.