Nitro+ by JAST USA

I wonder if they will update the Nitro+ USA site sometime?
http://www.nitroplususa.com/

Line up, still says coming soon (no link to Demonbane)… And when Saya is close, I would think they might create a site for it as well.
Purchase page also says coming soon…

And on an unrelated note, found some high quality Nitro+ OPs…
Gekkou no Carnevale
Hello, World
Do want…

Sumaga
And of course Sumaga is looking good as ever…

Oh, I read a summary of Gekkou no Carnevale. It sounds positively amazing. I’m really looking forward to even the possibility that it might get licensed.

Of course, being that after Demonbane, Jast licensed 5 games (one of which seems to have retreated into limbo along with Tengai Makyou) from Nitroplus … and being that Gekkou no Carnevale sounds really kick-ass … I have high hopes for it getting licensed.

On the other hand, Princess Waltz was also really good … and there are a number of other games from Pulltop that look good … yet not a peep about licensing any of them.

Considering the whole thing with the growing possibility of a Steins; Gate license I feel I need to ask just how connected is it to Chaos; Head? Is it like with the Infinity games where they just share the same universe and have similar themes, do we get any cameos, etc.?

No cameos or anything; FES is referenced through. Robotics;Notes appears to be much closer to Steins;Gate than Steins;Gate is to Chaos;Head.

[QUOTE=swiftnissity;69889]https://twitter.com/#!/jastusa/status/164579228048834560

Nitro+ is talking to 5pb about an English release for Steins;Gate[/QUOTE]
Mmmm, would love for this to happen…

Mmmm, would love for this to happen…
[/quote]

Why? The current patch is like 98% done.

Because if it’s officially released there’s a good chance more of their stuff will be translated? Since when did something getting an English release become a bad thing?

I read a fully playable patch already exists, but after re-reading his translation he decided to rework the translation since even after editing, it wasn’t doing it justice. If that’s that case, then a polished final official release would be nice :smiley:

Gekkou no Carnevale i definitely want to see translated.

For those interested, there’s a very good review here.

[color=#FFFF00](yeah, i now. Surprise, surprise, i’m still alive!)[/color]

I think part of nitroplus and 5pb is warming up a little bit cuz of hyperdimension neptunia.

Coz u see, 5pb have one of their characters in it, its that guitar girl i think.

Oh, I have been drooling over Gekkou no Carnevale ever since the Nitroplus partnership was announced. Yes, drooling over a werewolf game. (As far as I know, I’m not an android.)

Come on, Jast! Let’s get with the program! Are we there yet? How about now?

Yes, as those games were made as a collaboration with 5pb. they would need to work out an arrangement with 5pb. to do anything.

Of course, if recent rumblings are any indication, there’s a high likelihood that 5pb is interested. One can only hope … And buy Corpse Party. It couldn’t hurt.

Don’t forget Phantom Breaker either

Is there still no update for Jingai Makyou? I fear that the longer its shelved the chances of it ever being released in English diminishes even more. Still hoping there will be some good news of its status in the coming weeks.

This is more or less par for the course for Jast, unfortunately. Don’t expect any news on Jingai Makyou until Jast announces more Nitroplus titles. And don’t expect them to start work until the four that are currently announced are released. Which sadly will take awhile: look at how long Saya and Hanachirasu have been ‘99% done’ - the holdup is that Nitroplus is really busy.

Well, the problems with Jingai Makyou are compatibility issues with modern OS’es. That’s something Nitroplus has to fix themselves anyway, right?

I’m still hopeful Jingai Makyou will eventually be released - there’s not a lot of info out there, but it seemed cool - but realistically? Years in the future.

So the last word was ‘before AX’, and Anime Expo is the very end of June this year. There’s still time!

… I’m still working on beating Demonbane; for really good VNs I tend to re-read the common routes and in the case of Demonbane, it’s really really long. But come on, bring it! More Nitroplus! I might even actually pull out Phantom of Inferno (if I can find it); I bought a bunch of the Hirameki DVD-PG games, but DVD-PG is suck an icky format I never actually played any of them.

https://twitter.com/#!/jastusa/status/196756647106985985

Based on whats been said on Twitter, it looks like School Days HQ will be the AX release.

https://twitter.com/#!/jastusa/status/1 … 2691628032

https://twitter.com/#!/jastusa/status/1 … 1858105344

School Days I can believe. But the last actual update specifically about Saya no Uta and Hanachirasu (sp?) was that they expected both games to be out before AX. Of course, that was in December, it’s now May, and Nitroplus is still busybusybusy.

Given the factor of “developer time” and the fact that there hasn’t been any real development milestones announced (unlike with School Days), I never really expected an AX release of Saya no Uta anyways. Hopefully we’ll get some news on the actual project status as that deadline passes, though.