Nitro+ by JAST USA

Just noticed Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Blu-ray/DVD combo up for pre-order at rightstuf :DDD
Also Chaos;head’s anime blu-ray is coming out later this year~ (and I think Steins;gate anime will follow suite eventually :D)

Madoka too… Good times for Nitro+ :smiley:

nitro+ is also doing the game version of guilty crown the guy that wrote demonbane is writing the game

Is Guilty Crown be available for bluray at rightstuf with english subs?

it is streaming at funimation now they plan to release the dub dvd’s blurays in my guess a year or 2

Damn a year or two? Thanks.

good dubs take time and funimation does good dubs

Ditto. Not to mention I’ve got such a long backlog of anime to watch that I can wait

After seeing the anime adapatian, I’d like to play Steins;Gate. Usually the anime adapatations aren’t as good as the original. I don’t think it’ll happen though as they’ve done non-ero VNs in the past and they didn’t sell very well.

I’d like JAST to twist Nitro+'s arm a bit to twist 5pb.'s arm into making a PC port of DUNAMIS15 and localise it =P

Actually, I’m pretty sure Peter hasn’t. Peter’s never done a non-adult game, to my knowledge. He bought up a bunch of stock of Hirameki when they went under, but never acquired the licenses. Aselia is the first non-adults-only game that Peter’s ever released, as far as I know.

It is pretty hard to track, since Peter acquired licenses from multiple now-defunct companies over the years, but as far as I know, he never did anything non-h.

Hell any kind of arm twisting on 5pb would be welcome, what are they waiting for? To see if Nitro+'s success with Demonbane was a fluke or something? Clearly Nitro+ sees SOME potential in overseas market. I think every 5pb+Nitro plus game I have serious interest and would consider purchasing most if not all of them.

Just grab the fan-patch.

Well that one isn’t 100% translated.

I’m pretty sure everything important is.

I think the tips ARE actually kind of important. Maybe not that important. Still probably best to wait, especially considering what ‘unedited’ can occasionally mean re: quality of fan translations.

EDIT: ffffff okay why is the only download I can find of this translation patch on a site that links to an illegal download for the game itself? >_>

Just wait for the group doing the translation to upload their official patch once they’re done with the editing. Yeah I frequent that site a lot Lancer.

Just cause Nitroplus is interested in the overseas market, doesn’t mean that 5pb is also interested in the same. The really oldies here will remember a game called Slave Bazaar, which was announced and then formally cancelled by Peter. Part of the problem was that although Will had published the game, it had been developed by another company. Said company, if I recall correctly, either didn’t exist anymore or wasn’t interested in working with Peter.

In the particular case of 5pb, we know they have at least SOME intereste in the overseas market; see Corpse Party (which, by the way, if you’re not familiar with it, has some really fucked up trailers and looks really good) which I think 5pb wasn’t the initial developer for, but was involved with.

I’d guess that if Corpse Party does well, and Aselier also does, then Jast won’t have any qualms about non-h stuff, and Nitroplus and 5pb will both be interested in the overseas market, and something cool might happen. I hope, all this stuff sounds really cool.

ruf. Unless the game was cancelled after Yumemiru Kusuri was released, I don’t see how either situation you describe could have been true. I’d say lost data / old engine was a more likely problem (for reference, ruf was at the time using age’s rugp, the engine used in muv-luv, muv-luv alternative, kiminozo etc.)

Slave Bazaar was actually a totally inappropriate title for it, by the way- Slave Market would have been more appropriate (they aren’t equivalent; the ‘market’ in question is more like the market in ‘stock market’ than the market in ‘flea market’).

The game was cancelled quite some time before Yume Miru Kusuri … so long ago, in fact, that I’m not sure I’m really remembering the reason that was officially given, versus the things bandied about by “Kumiko” that may or may not have been official. It’s entirely possible that it really did just boil down to too much work and/or data not available.

In a recent interview with Siliconera:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/27/th … u-shikura/