Nitro+ by JAST USA

Can someone explain to me why I can play a pirated version of Saya no Uta no problems whatsoever in English, but apparently it’s taken N+ several months to unravel the mystery that is Windows 7?

These delays are utter BS, they are just like everyone else-not even taking the English market half seriously. That’s why we have to rely on unreliable volunteer teams to make the VN experience a reality for English readers. Why are they cherry picking some of their oldest titles if they are going to cause so many problems? They have plenty of more recent titles that wouldn’t cause this problem…sigh

yup romdeau.

Can you believe that sega guys was shocked that character creation screen was translated overnight immediately after pso2 got released in japan? If anything, officals seem to be contributing to the problem as well. pso2 is short for phantasy star online 2.

for me, sega’s treading on thin ice now, i’ve been betrayed by them one time too many.

and i want jingai makyou that’s why. i’m willing to buy it whenever it ever gets done, and the delays, i have no friggin clue on how their processes is, because i think they’re going with hard copy version, and maybe that redhead girl figure too. while the current translated saya no uta is digital.

And that isn’t even mentioning how the treatment of US alteil is. It literally don’t have any staff as of consequence, nothing gets done except for a couple of volunteer moderators that seems to have more presence than gms.

Kinda odd you want Jingai Makyou released yet you don’t know the most known character of the game. Though little is known about Jingai Makyou’s story outside Japan Ignis is quite popular among Nitroplus fans (and figure collectors like me). And like you I’d still buy the game if it ever gets an English release despite the technical issues and delays. I just pray that Nitroplus is taking the Windows 7 compatibility issue seriously enough and won’t take months (or years) til we hear some progress in development.

Oh yeah ignis, thats the name. And no, she isn’t even released in usa its only natural for me to be unable to remember her name. But I have her in mugen, that’s why i want jingai makyou in first place. I was like, hey that’s a cool redhead i approve. But sadly, ignis character in mugen is sorta unfinished I can tell from the way she gets hit and acts.

From the Twitter feed: “Nitro has sent us the package data, so we’re getting close.”

Finally some actual news, huh?

Any news on this front is good news.

Package data for which?

Presumably Saya+Kiko.

Cool thanks.

I hope they release soon. I just had to go check my order on jastusa, my shipping and billing address were both old and incorrect. I’m glad I decided to take a look.

Well, for certain values of ‘soon’. After all, even if the games go gold master tomorrow, it will still be several weeks before it gets back from the mastering company. If they do go gold in a few weeks, then we’ll probably start getting copies by the end of the year. But if it gets much closer to Christmas, then it might take longer.

Yes, by soon, under current circumstances, I pretty much just mean before the end of the year. If not even then, you know what can you do? Just wait some more.

I hope what’s ever in that package has something for Jingai Makyou even a little. But the pessimist in me tells me we’ll get no news of the game’s progress for the rest of the year. Any sign that it’s moving is good enough for me.

Wasn’t Jingai Maikyou canceled because they coldn’t find a way to make it compatible with today’s computers?

[b]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Give me my IGNIS back!![/b] :x

It wasn’t canceled it was put on ‘Hold’, same thing happened to Nitro+Royal.
They’ve mentioned that work will resume if/when Nitro+ releases a fixed edition in Japanese.

Based on the schedule of the re-releases they do at least 1 main title a year:
“Hello, world.” - 2008
Phantom - 2009
Saya - 2009
Demonbane - 2009
Lamento - 2010
Kikokugai (All Ages) - 2011
Togainu - 2012

So it looks like they’ll get to it eventually.
From what i can tell, titles released in 2007 and later seem to be safe which makes sense since Vista was released late 2006.

Of the pre-vista titles, the only ones without a Vista compatible version currently are:
Vampirdzhija Vjedogonia
Tenshi no Nichou Kenjuu -Angelos Armas-
Jingai Makyou
Hanachirasu
Sabato Nabe -Nitro Amusement Disc-
Kishin Hishou Demonbane
Nitro+Royal

Since Hanachirasu hasn’t had a re-release, its theorized a re-release is being planned (possibly as the 2013 re-release) or that Nitro+ didn’t mind updating the game since its short anyway.

Look, I’m interested in Jingai Makyou too. But it will be years before it comes out over here, if ever. There aren’t going to be any signs that the game’s moving, because it isn’t. It hasn’t been cancelled, but it isn’t moving forward either.

For one, they’ve said they’re not announcing any new Nitroplus games before the already-announce ones release. And there are two more other than the ones that have been at 99% for a year and a half. So there’s no way any new Nitroplus games will be announced until late 2013 at the very earliest.

Funnily enough I most of those games and every single one works fine under Win 7 for me. I think the only thing the ‘Windows 7 compatible’ versions change is where they store the savedata- since the de facto place for installing software is Program Files and that’s a write-protected directory (under Vista/7) for non admins, you can’t really put savedata in the game directory. Because I (and I think a lot of people) don’t put my eroge in Program Files in the first place there’s no problem.

That said, I thought VirtualStore was supposed to solve the problem of legacy apps storing mutable data in the install dir, but maybe that doesn’t entirely work the way these engines were written.

The virtual storing stuff is unreliable under at least some versions, especially when it comes to trying to delete or replace files. I had Vista customers that I had to make custom gamebuilds for in new weird directories because their original directory was now populated by PHANTOM FILES that did not, as far as they could see, exist… they had been deleted and replaced or even just deleted… but the game still reacted to them being there.

This could easily lead you to corrupt savegames.

Haven’t had people with that problem in a long time, but I’ve also been designing games differently, so.

extra in the new blue-ray version of saya non uta http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/02/1 … -enticing/